• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Homosexuality a illness? And how to heal?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I think my IQ has diminished since I've participated in this thread. The poster has sucked me dry of reason. Now I can't even pick my nose without going to the Vin Diesel Reparative Therapy Program...
I had a philosophy teacher who likes his movies because they require no deeper thinking; she can just sit back and watch them without having to decipher a deeper meaning and message. Fast & the Furious I think is her favorite.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
I had a philosophy teacher who likes his movies because they require no deeper thinking; she can just sit back and watch them without having to decipher a deeper meaning and message. Fast & the Furious I think is her favorite.
"No deeper thinking" seems to the theme for some posters here (who shall remain nameless). <whistles nonchalantly> :rolleyes:;)

JoStories

Wrong. You can't demonstrate that a disease exists based on correlations between a series of symptoms and genetics, especially when these correlations
1) don't hold for all those diagnosed
and
2) exist for those who never exhibit symptoms of schizophrenia
You are free to believe anything you like and post Scientology literature until the cows come home. I disagree and so do many other people who research this area. You sound like a budding Tom Cruise pushing the anti drug agenda for mental disorders. And that's fine if it works for you. But for the hundreds of thousands helped by the medications that treat this disease, let's hope they don't listen to you or him. That said, I have had enough of this absolute cesspool of a thread thanks to Chevron and his idiocy with Vin Diesel and the like.

LegionOnomaMoi

Veteran Member
Premium Member
You are free to believe anything you like and post Scientology literature
I quoted from mainstream sources, my field is neuroscience, I keep up with the literature in neurology, clinical psychology, and psychiatry, and you can't provide any sources to support your views because there exist none that don't rely upon assumptions. Your little "genetic' BS is countered by literature by those who accept the biomedical model (HINT: that's the one you want to assert is correct), and is trashed by those whose careers don't depend on DSM/ICD diagnoses as discrete pathologies.

However, as long as you are spouting nonsense, please demonstrate the scientific reasons for taking homosexuality out of THE psychiatric diagnostic manual (HINT: there are none, because it was included based merely on symptoms determined to be a disease without any known etiology or pathology, and removed for sociopolitical reasons despite the fact that it should never have been included; this inclusion/exclusion holds true of every single diagnoses).

I'm not a fan of scientology, I am a fan of the sciences (hence my career). Nor am I a fan of those who accuse me of dishonesty because they are so pathetically ignorant of what they religiously assert to be true they can't move beyond links google searches yield and, when confronted with actual science, must equate it with scientology because they can't actually EVALUATE real research.

chevron1

You are free to believe anything you like and post Scientology literature until the cows come home.... You sound like a budding Tom Cruise pushing the anti drug agenda for mental disorders.... But for the hundreds of thousands helped by the medications that treat this disease, let's hope they don't listen to you or him.

i am not a scientologist, but i do endorse pharmacology-free medicine to the extent feasible. electrical therapies like tdcs are especially useful. they are hard or impossible to contaminate, and the devices can be very cheap to make. if the treatment mode works, it costs pennies per month. there's no side effects like from taking pills or injections. the therapy is so versatile: it helps in so many psychiatric illnesses.

DIY Trancranial Stimulator

Drugs can be easily contaminated and have side effects and are risky to take. As many of you who watch tv are aware, the anti-psychotic risperdal has turned out to be a transgenderizing drug. there are many class action suits against drug companies brought by the parents of boys who took risperdal and developed gynecomastia (female breasts). the anti-psychotic is also a feminizing agent.

who knows what happened to bruce jenner. who may have recieved trans-gay therapy in his aspirin or even in his food air or water.. Caitlyn Jenner (formerly the beautiful Bruce Jenner) now says he wants to date men because he "appreciates the male form". Formerly, he claimed his orientation did not change and that he would be a lover of women only. trans-gay therapy can work but at great cost.

Bruce Jenner: I'm Not Gay

>> the real way to be straight is to no longer be attracted just to women. you want to be bi, be bi is the new mantra: be bi and sigh your gentle love to women. here's how to do it:

>>Ex Gay therapy being flawed is deterrent. Many people want to switch their gender (such as the satanic Baphomet worshipers), they don't want to be, what they are. And many people don't want to be gay anymore, for various reasons.

There is a terrible therapy that is given to gays against their will and its important to talk about it, because it is rumored to be religious workers who advocate it and perpetrate forced chemical conversion. It's called trans-gay therapy. A friend told me that the movie "xxx: state of the union" starring vin diesel was a subtle allegory about gay reparative therapy, especially trans-gay therapy.

Below are pictures from the movie. in the top picture, the xxx tattoo on the back of the neck represents what this friend calls "trans-gay" therapy: the center x marks the injection point into the brain stem, the x's on either side represent the contents of the hypodermic - estrogen. In the bottom picture, the star vin diesel wears a motocycle pants with a black panel in the crotch area symbolizing castration due to estrogen exposure. It is called "trans-gay" therapy because it is supposed to transform a gay man into a transgender man by direct injection of trans hormones into the brain to feminize the brain only without affecting the body. this way he becomes and thinks like a woman, but they are hoping it will change his orientation too. they tell me that sometimes a gay will attend a party and then is knocked out with something like GHB and then he is injected and wakes up without knowing what happened.

The form of estrogen was used in the 1940s for chemical castration and is called Diethylstilbestrol or DES. According to the wikipedia, DES was once given to pregnant women and has a history of causing transgenderism in boys. Because Bruce Jenner has been transitioning to a woman, there has been some speculation about changes to his sexual orientation. It seems that over 60% of men who undergo transition by estrogen have some kind of change in their orientation: either they become bisexual or straight. I am afraid they suffer brain damage too (reduced brain volume, psychosis, lethargy) in addition to becoming like women and they never feel true love any more. That makes me think that there might be too much trade-off, because you're never the man you used to be.

Link added: 5/29/15

Bruce Jenner: Sexual Orientation Uncertain After Cross Sex Hormone Therapy

Picture added: 5/29/15

xxx_sofu.jpg

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
That makes me think that there might be too much trade-off, because you're never the man you used to be.
Of course we're never the men we used to be - we don't identify as men, our brains look more like female brains than male brains, as far as being a man goes all we ever are is a shell of a man, and it would defeat the purpose of transitioning in the first place if we were concerned about "being the man we used to be."