• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Homosexuality a illness? And how to heal?

chevron1

It's not about what one person says vs what another person says. It's what the bulk of the medical and scientific community agree upon through tested practices viable genetics vs a few fringe groups making unverifiable claims. I know whose side I am on.

if one influential group wants to say that intersex people are transgender, then it's ok with me.

JoStories

Start by showing a single study that demonstrates schizophrenia exists apart from a series of (somewhat arbitrary) symptoms defined without evidence to be a "disease" that could possibly be cured other than by the same method it was constructed: by definition.
I already did that via the genetic basis

LegionOnomaMoi

Veteran Member
Premium Member
That possibly, but had a very small sample size, treats a single symptom of Schizophrenia, not cures it.
“there is no established specific physical basis to psychiatric disorders. Biochemical theories about the origins of psychiatric disorders, such as the dopamine hypothesis of schizophrenia and the monoamine theory of depression, were themselves derived from the selected actions of drugs that were already thought to be specific. Therefore these theories assume that drugs act in a disease-centred fashion and do not, in themselves, provide any evidence that this is so. Reliable evidence, independent of drug effects, that particular biochemical states gave rise to particular psychiatric conditions is required to provide evidence of the disease-centred action of drugs.”
Moncrieff, J. (2008). The Myth of the Chemical Cure: A Critique of Psychiatric Drug Treatment. Macmillan.

See also (just for some edification) the following:
Breggin, P. R. (1991). Toxic Psychiatry. St. Martin's Press.
Healy, D. (2002). The creation of psychopharmacology. Harvard University Press.
Kiesler, D. J. (2000). Beyond the Disease Model of Mental Disorders. Praeger.
Moncrieff, J. (2008). The myth of the chemical cure: A critique of psychiatric drug treatment. Macmillan.
Paris, J. (2008). Prescriptions for the mind: A critical view of contemporary psychiatry. Oxford University Press.
Tamminga, C. A., Sirovatka, P. J., Regier, D. A., & Van Os, J. (2009). Deconstructing psychosis: refining the research agenda for DSM-V. American Psychiatric Association.
Wright, R. H., & Cummings, N. A. (Eds.). (2005). Destructive Trends in Mental Health: The Well Intentioned Path to Harm. Routledge.

LegionOnomaMoi

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Wrong. You can't demonstrate that a disease exists based on correlations between a series of symptoms and genetics, especially when these correlations
1) don't hold for all those diagnosed
and
2) exist for those who never exhibit symptoms of schizophrenia

LegionOnomaMoi

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Oh, I probably should have provided you with more than basic logic here, so I offer some studies to get you to understand this "genetic" basis for schizophrenia:
Franzek, E., & Beckmann, H. (2014). Different genetic background of schizophrenia spectrum psychoses: a twin study. American Journal of Psychiatry.
Hallmayer, J. F., Kalaydjieva, L., Badcock, J., Dragović, M., Howell, S., Michie, P. T., ... & Jablensky, A. (2005). Genetic evidence for a distinct subtype of schizophrenia characterized by pervasive cognitive deficit. The American Journal of Human Genetics, 77(3), 468-476.
Jablensky, A. (2006). Subtyping schizophrenia: implications for genetic research. Molecular psychiatry, 11(9), 815-836.

FYI- these are all proponents of the biomedical model, and you're still wrong.

philbo

High Priest of Cynicism
i say it cures it if you are the right kind of person.
Sorry, but you're at it again: posting links to things that don't actually support your contentions. A google hit for your search terms does not mean that the article in the search results supports what you're sayin, you need to read and understand the article and decide whether it fits. You obviously didn't do this (FFS, you didn't even read the title)

You've found a paper that says tDCS may be used as a treatment for hallucinations in schizophrenia, which is very precisely not saying "it cures" anything, let alone the whole condition. That's all - you don't get to redefine the word "cure" or even "the right kind of person"

chevron1

You've found a paper that says tDCS may be used as a treatment for hallucinations in schizophrenia, which is very precisely not saying "it cures" anything, let alone the whole condition. That's all - you don't get to redefine the word "cure" or even "the right kind of person"

the right kind of person gets to define whatever he likes. that is, if it treats, then it cures.

it's just like trans-gay therapy: if it treats, then it cures.

Caitlyn Jenner (formerly the beautiful Bruce Jenner) now says he wants to date men because he "appreciates the male form". Formerly, he claimed his orientation did not change and that he would be a lover of women only. trans-gay therapy can work but at great cost.

Jenner admitted he's identified as a woman his entire life going back to his roots in suburban New York, before he was America's Olympic hero. But he has never been attracted to other men.

"Oh my God, is he gay? No, I'm not gay," Jenner told Diane Sawyer during their interview special on ABC Friday.

"I am not gay. I am, as far as I know, heterosexual," Jenner added. "I've never been with a guy."

Bruce Jenner: I'm Not Gay

I realize that's what you think it is, but as has been pointed out on many occasions, your "evidence" has not always been accurate and on many occasions has not actually supported the information....

were u talking about trans-gay therapy?

>> the real way to be straight is to no longer be attracted just to women. you want to be bi, be bi is the new mantra: be bi and sigh your gentle love to women. here's how to do it:

>>Ex Gay therapy being flawed is deterrent. Many people want to switch their gender (such as the satanic Baphomet worshipers), they don't want to be, what they are. And many people don't want to be gay anymore, for various reasons.

There is a terrible therapy that is given to gays against their will and its important to talk about it, because it is rumored to be religious workers who advocate it and perpetrate forced chemical conversion. It's called trans-gay therapy. A friend told me that the movie "xxx: state of the union" starring vin diesel was a subtle allegory about gay reparative therapy, especially trans-gay therapy.

Below are pictures from the movie. in the top picture, the xxx tattoo on the back of the neck represents what this friend calls "trans-gay" therapy: the center x marks the injection point into the brain stem, the x's on either side represent the contents of the hypodermic - estrogen. In the bottom picture, the star vin diesel wears a motocycle pants with a black panel in the crotch area symbolizing castration due to estrogen exposure. It is called "trans-gay" therapy because it is supposed to transform a gay man into a transgender man by direct injection of trans hormones into the brain to feminize the brain only without affecting the body. this way he becomes and thinks like a woman, but they are hoping it will change his orientation too. they tell me that sometimes a gay will attend a party and then is knocked out with something like GHB and then he is injected and wakes up without knowing what happened.

The form of estrogen was used in the 1940s for chemical castration and is called Diethylstilbestrol or DES. According to the wikipedia, DES was once given to pregnant women and has a history of causing transgenderism in boys. Because Bruce Jenner has been transitioning to a woman, there has been some speculation about changes to his sexual orientation. It seems that over 60% of men who undergo transition by estrogen have some kind of change in their orientation: either they become bisexual or straight. I am afraid they suffer brain damage too (reduced brain volume, psychosis, lethargy) in addition to becoming like women and they never feel true love any more. That makes me think that there might be too much trade-off, because you're never the man you used to be.

Link added: 5/29/15

Bruce Jenner: Sexual Orientation Uncertain After Cross Sex Hormone Therapy

Picture added: 5/29/15

xxx_sofu.jpg

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
that's one opinion, but the trans christians say that intersex people are transgender. different strokes for different folks.
Just one question: Why are you obsessed with this? Surely it goes beyond your Elwood Bluesesque statement that you're on some "mission from God." Why troll all these non-informative threads to bolster an untenable position?

sojourner

lobotomies are very expensive, both to the people who pay and to the people who support the people who pay. that's why they don't use them anymore.
They don't use them anymore because They. Don't. Work. they cause more problems than they solve. Same for reparative therapy for homosexuals.

LegionOnomaMoi

Veteran Member
Premium Member
lobotomies are very expensive, both to the people who pay and to the people who support the people who pay. that's why they don't use them anymore.
They were and are incredibly cheap, most were paid for by the state, and they are still used (although for the most part they have been replaced by equally destructive treatments used, from the "sledgehammer" dirty antipsychotics to ECT; lobotomies are very rare).

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
if one influential group wants to say that intersex people are transgender, then it's ok with me.
Intersexual people ARE NOT transgender. The very first thing a clinician addresses in treatment for someone with gender dysphoria is whether or not the person is intersexual, because they are two totally different things.
They don't do them anymore because they are a hack-job of a procedure, they don't work, they are inhumane, and very cruel.
>>Ex Gay therapy being flawed is deterrent. Many people want to switch their gender (such as the satanic Baphomet worshipers), they don't want to be, what they are. And many people don't want to be gay anymore, for various reasons.
Why are you still going on about this? There are no clinicians who will support or condone a sex change just because someone doesn't want to be gay. Being homosexual isn't even a sign or symptom of gender dysphoria or being transgender. After all, the majority of cross-dressers are heterosexual (meaning they have sex with women).

philbo

High Priest of Cynicism
the right kind of person gets to define whatever he likes. that is, if it treats, then it cures.
You are ridiculously obdurate at times: the words aren't synonyms, and "the right kind of person" does not get to redefine words just so they can claim they were right all along.

Reposting images of Vin Diesel's neck is similarly meaningless; as is repeating what you've said many times about Jenner.. both of which were completely irrelevant to your inability to understand what you're posting links to.

sojourner

You are ridiculously obdurate at times: the words aren't synonyms, and "the right kind of person" does not get to redefine words just so they can claim they were right all along.

Reposting images of Vin Diesel's neck is similarly meaningless; as is repeating what you've said many times about Jenner.. both of which were completely irrelevant to your inability to understand what you're posting links to.
Perhaps he likes Vin Diesel's neck?

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
I'm bowing out from the nausea inducing idiocy that is in this thread, have a wonderful day ladies and gents.

sojourner

I'm bowing out from the nausea inducing idiocy that is in this thread, have a wonderful day ladies and gents.
I think my IQ has diminished since I've participated in this thread. The poster has sucked me dry of reason. Now I can't even pick my nose without going to the Vin Diesel Reparative Therapy Program...