• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Girl Scouts refuse $100,000 check due to transgender stipulation

catch22

Nonsexuality seems a better term to describe the phenom, moreso than asexual, which denotes a very certain (and unique) kind of sexual reproduction.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
This makes sense. I wagered on mental health but it was an (honestly) ignorant guess. I've never studied this in depth. Thanks for clarifying. Always thought Jamie Lee Curtis' case was interesting.
You're welcome. You can ask whatever you want about it. A lot of people think it's a mental health issue and I can understand why they would think that. But for those with actual cases of transsexualism, it's a biologically-based issue.

I don't know about Jamie Lee Curtis'. Is she intersex or something?

catch22

You're welcome. You can ask whatever you want about it. A lot of people think it's a mental health issue and I can understand why they would think that. But for those with actual cases of transsexualism, it's a biologically-based issue.

I don't know about Jamie Lee Curtis'. Is she intersex or something?

It's surrounded in myth, and I'm not sure anyone knows for sure. Most people think she was born WITH both parts. My professor told me it was an extra Y chromosome, or if I recall, she has a condition where she doesn't metabolize testosterone or something? It's been a while (my education is a decade old now, and it was kind of an anecdote). Either case, she's a blank template human, more or less, which is female. The hormones to make one grow the penis and "become" male didn't work in her for some reason. So she's, if you will, the shell of a woman, but a blood test would identify her as a man.

I do not think any of her internal sexual reproductive organs are in place (cannot have children, she's kind of empty you might say). But the rumor she's got both pieces of hardware is unfounded, I think she'd be perfectly female externally. This could be totally off. I tried to find some info on it, but it all seems sketchy.

catch22

Lol. What specifically? Humor me, as I am getting the impression that you are basing your assumotion on other false assumptions. How could you acknowledge it in other animals but not in human beings?

Asexual reproduction is a bonified method of propogation, the offspring is an exact clone, receiving all genetic information from a single parent.

You know that common phrase, "go eff yourself"? It's rude, sorry, but I mean, that's what we're talking about here (in a slightly humorous way).

Lack of sexual interest is not the same thing. So, biologically, it's a misnomer. Kinda like when politicians call every gun ever made a glock or an AK-47. It's just wrong.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
It's surrounded in myth, and I'm not sure anyone knows for sure. Most people think she was born WITH both parts. My professor told me it was an extra Y chromosome, or if I recall, she has a condition where she doesn't metabolize testosterone or something? It's been a while (my education is a decade old now, and it was kind of an anecdote). Either case, she's a blank template human, more or less, which is female. The hormones to make one grow the penis and "become" male didn't work in her for some reason. So she's, if you will, the shell of a woman, but a blood test would identify her as a man.

I do not think any of her internal sexual reproductive organs are in place (cannot have children, she's kind of empty you might say). But the rumor she's got both pieces of hardware is unfounded, I think she'd be perfectly female externally. This could be totally off. I tried to find some info on it, but it all seems sketchy.
You would be describing androgen insensitivity syndrome. That's when the baby has XY chromosomes but isn't effected by androgens and so develops as female except for not having female reproductive organs. As for Curtis, it's just a rumor.
snopes.com: Jamie Lee Curtis: Male and Female?

catch22

Well I saw that, they list it as a legend, and they call it hermaphrodite... which to me sounded wrong.

What you describe is what I was told, I do believe. Alas, rumor mill... apologies.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Well I saw that, they list it as a legend, and they call it hermaphrodite... which to me sounded wrong.

What you describe is what I was told, I do believe. Alas, rumor mill... apologies.
It's okay. I don't really know anything about it. I think I've heard that rumor years ago, but there's nothing confirmed. It's her business, anyway. We don't need to know about it.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Asexual reproduction is a bonified method of propogation, the offspring is an exact clone, receiving all genetic information from a single parent.

You know that common phrase, "go eff yourself"? It's rude, sorry, but I mean, that's what we're talking about here (in a slightly humorous way).

Lack of sexual interest is not the same thing. So, biologically, it's a misnomer. Kinda like when politicians call every gun ever made a glock or an AK-47. It's just wrong.
That makes some sense, but that is not what it means in connection with human beings. It simply means "nonsexual". There are many terms like this that have alternative meanings. And the discussion is not about "asexual reproduction", it is about "asexual human beings" ... in the context of sexual orientation. I still fail to see why you have such an issue with it.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
For example, I know that I was hit with a male level of androgens in the womb because I have a male digit ratio. My ring fingers are about a knuckle longer than my index fingers.
Until I learned that, for the longest time I thought it was normal for everyone to have a ring finger that is shorter than their index. And then I learned that and realized I wasn't entirely betrayed by my body. I also small hands and feet for a "guy" my size. I don't know if I just got really lucky, or if there are perhaps some other things going on that are unknown, as I also developed small breasts without taking hormones.
Gender and sex are different.
They are. My gender is female; and taking steps to make my physical sex female is the recommended treatment.
I made exceptions for biological mutations.
There are many of them. Androgyny insensitivity, for example, makes a person look female, have a female identity, and as far as anyone is concerned she is a woman. However, she has XY chromosomes and undescended testicles, but because her body does not respond to androgens her body was unable to masculinity, despite the genetic triggers. Without a diagnoses, they never know or learn of their condition.
No, my failure to be a pilot specifically didn't. But some other factors in my life had me there. Jesus helps me out of clinical depression. Want to talk about Jesus now?
Jesus didn't help my condition at all. For years I prayed and prayed, but never felt any better. However, being out to more people and taking steps towards transitioning have helped significantly. The first time I done my make-up and made myself to look female was also the first time I was ever able to stand to look at myself in the mirror.