• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Girl Scouts refuse $100,000 check due to transgender stipulation

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
My point is only to demonstrate the naivete of the position to begin with. Maybe I'm just a little too old school, but penis means boy, vajay jay means girl.
And those would be workable definitions were it not for people who don't fit them well.
When the gender of one's brain doesn't match the gender of one's body, we face transitional states.
Then more complex definitions function better.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
So the girl scouts are admitting that you can be a girl despite the hardware involved?

Once you throw in gender the whole "hardware" argument becomes too simplistic.

Cool. This is the same tactic 16 year old boys are using to get into the girls locker room for kicks. Lunacy.

Oh please. Speaking as someone barely out of High School as a teen you can tell very easily which guy should be in the girl toilets (Aussie here, we don't have locker rooms.) There were many gay guys chatting with us girls in the toilets between classes and we all knew instantly when some horny idiot tried to pull a fast one on us.

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Oh please. Speaking as someone barely out of High School as a teen you can tell very easily which guy should be in the girl toilets (Aussie here, we don't have locker rooms.) There were many gay guys chatting with us girls in the toilets between classes and we all knew instantly when some horny idiot tried to pull a fast one on us.
I have personally never understood how that even comes up. How many guys are going to attempt dress up, act as, and present as a female just so they can get a peek in the women's restroom?
But yet nobody mentions janitors, who by the nature of their job, have far greater opportunities to get a peek by doing things such as installing cameras.
And of course nobody ever mentions the person who has to go so badly they miss the sign posted outside the door and accidentally run into the wrong one.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
But yet nobody mentions janitors, who by the nature of their job, have far greater opportunities to get a peek by doing things such as installing cameras.
I thought we had an understanding that this was a proprietary technique!

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
I have personally never understood how that even comes up. How many guys are going to attempt dress up, act as, and present as a female just so they can get a peek in the women's restroom?
And of course nobody ever mentions the person who has to go so badly they miss the sign posted outside the door and accidentally run into the wrong one.
Lol I've done that once but it was more of a .....women's emergency, if you catch my drift. Once I walked out I saw a very confused man walking past me with his young son and was quite embarrassed to say the least lol!!

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
So the girl scouts are admitting that you can be a girl despite the hardware involved?

Cool. This is the same tactic 16 year old boys are using to get into the girls locker room for kicks. Lunacy.
Most transsexual women aren't interested in other women. They're more likely to be straight, especially the ones who transition at younger ages. With them, you're not likely to notice that they're even transsexual, anyway. It's the late transitioners who tend to stand out.

As for me, I'm a female to male transsexual. I've been using the men's room for about 6 years with no incident. You wouldn't be able to tell I'm a transsexual at this point, anyway.

SilverOrb

Hermaeus Mora knows
tumblr_m3ft8bFYk61qa6lp8.gif

Deathbydefault

Apistevist Asexual Atheist
In high school and middle school I would always use the girls restroom.
I did that because they allowed me to, as whenever I went into the guys room I got 'bullied'.
It was well known among the girls that I'm asexual so most of them didn't care.

Girls were always the nice ones back in school.
My girlfriend says it's because of my hair, seems kinda petty for that to be a reason though.

Jumi

At least we can guess your favorite politician...

Do you remember what it was like being 16 years old? Would you dress like a girl under any circumstances just to "get a peek"?

catch22

At least we can guess your favorite politician...

Do you remember what it was like being 16 years old? Would you dress like a girl under any circumstances just to "get a peek"?

There are few forces in nature that can stymy the male sex drive. Dudes dress like chicks to be funny. Getting a peek is more than an acceptable means to an end, especially if there's a glory story to match it.

You people live in boxes, I think. Really.

Jumi

There are few forces in nature that can stymy the male sex drive.
Asexualism being one of them and you know some have a sex drive directed differently from you or I.

Dudes dress like chicks to be funny. Getting a peek is more than an acceptable means to an end, especially if there's a glory story to match it.
Guess it was like that for you huh? Because I can't imagine doing such even at that age. Natural morals are different between us maybe.

You people live in boxes, I think. Really.
I accept that you people really think so.

catch22

The hardware (the brain) is indeed female.

Your brain doesn't determine sex? You can him and haw with "identity" all day long, but your biology is fixed in this scenario. It's really quite simple. Whether one accepts the truth of their nature may be a question or problem in and of itself (rooted somewhere in psychology I can't presume to tackle), but alas, the chromosomes don't lie.

Now, there are people who are born both, or biologically mutated in such a way that they have a genuine crisis on their hands, considering their both their gender and sex. So I understand the identity crisis involved there and harbor no ill will on a decision to relieve such a situation.

As for the healthy folks who simply don't want to be what they were born to be, what can I say? I wanted to be a pilot, but I'm not. So I did something else. Perhaps I'm just a simpleton on these matters, for those that struggle in it, my apologies. I just don't see it as anything but pride, rebellion, and/or mental illness needing addressing.

catch22

Asexualism being one of them and you know some have a sex drive directed differently from you or I.

Guess it was like that for you huh? Because I can't imagine doing such even at that age. Natural morals are different between us maybe.

I accept that you people really think so.

Celibacy is an admirable role, if you are blessed with it, good on you. On the other hand, asexuality in the context you seem to hint at it, would be identifying with a sexual orientation outside of what you were, in fact, created with. In other words, you may be misinterpreting a spiritual gift for something it is not. Asexuality does exist in nature, however, not for humans.

No, no. I didn't. But I've seen cross dressing in jest. Perhaps I went to a more obnoxious school than you did, I can't say.

In the boxes where everyone acts mature and responsibly, does what they're supposed to do, it's a perfectly decent idea (the gender identity bathroom thing). That isn't the world we live in, though. Maybe you'd need kids to understand, but asexual reproduction isn't a realistic option for a human being, so you perhaps will never know.

JoStories

Your brain doesn't determine sex? You can him and haw with "identity" all day long, but your biology is fixed in this scenario. It's really quite simple. Whether one accepts the truth of their nature may be a question or problem in and of itself (rooted somewhere in psychology I can't presume to tackle), but alas, the chromosomes don't lie.

Now, there are people who are born both, or biologically mutated in such a way that they have a genuine crisis on their hands, considering their both their gender and sex. So I understand the identity crisis involved there and harbor no ill will on a decision to relieve such a situation.

As for the healthy folks who simply don't want to be what they were born to be, what can I say? I wanted to be a pilot, but I'm not. So I did something else. Perhaps I'm just a simpleton on these matters, for those that struggle in it, my apologies. I just don't see it as anything but pride, rebellion, and/or mental illness needing addressing.
I could not possibly disagree more strongly. My nephew was born in a female body but I have never in my life met as child who was a boy from day one. There is no mental illness or any of the other excuses people of your faith wish to think. And btw, what about Turner and Klinefelter syndrome children?