• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are there single fathers, who never married, with children in the West?

Status
Not open for further replies.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Go on then, tell me how she does it.
And I have no problem with women. Just because I don't see the modern thinking on it does not mean that i have a problem. Would you have said that when women first wanted the vote I wonder.
You do have a problem with women. You demand that they fit into your ill-conceived notion of what women SHOULD BE in your weird, prejudiced mind. When they don't fit in with this notion, you don't like them. That is actually the definition of prejudice ... unsubstantiated disliking.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Go on then, tell me how she does it.
And I have no problem with women. Just because I don't see the modern thinking on it does not mean that i have a problem. Would you have said that when women first wanted the vote I wonder.
The world was a lot more primitive sociologically when women got the right to vote. A lot of progress has been made since then.

Draka

Wonder Woman
If this is true: "I fail to see how a mother is a loving mother if she is not looking after her own offspring."
Then, logically, this must be true as well: "I fail to see how a dad is a loving dad if he is not looking after his own offspring."

Both statements are ludicrous, as society demands that parents work to support their families. And, today, in most circumstances, both parents HAVE to work in order to make enough money to support their children.
Ah, but to him, when a woman does so it isn't to support her family, it is only about "power and money". :rolleyes:

Robert.Evans

You will be assimilated; it is His Will.
No, women should not have to BE less.
But what do you mean by less? I don't think they are less if they are not working as a man. You do. So you judge yourself by a man, I think that is a shame. Nor is it in line with scripture.
A woman has the same working brain as a man. The same desire, interest, intelligence, ability as a man to be whatever she wants to be.
No she doesn't. Men and women think differently. That is dishonest to say that imo
Why shouldn't a woman who finds she has an interest in and an ability to make video games not do so? Why should a woman who has a natural drive to heal people not be a doctor?
anything to do with caring has always been a woman's role.
Why should a woman who has interest in cars and a knack for fixing them not be a mechanic? Why must you insist that half the population of the world is, in some way, inept?
I don't, that's just it. It's you who think that imo
If a man can strive to do what he wants to do, to work doing what he likes, what makes it so that women can't, other than your antiquated ideas?
you mean after the man has made the world nicer and easier for you I guess, right?
You keep going back to the whole "power and money" and feminism crapola. It has nothing to do with that.

so you would work for nothing? rubbish. you wouldn't be a manageress? rubbish.
It has to do with fulfilling dreams. Or it may just have to do with survival. either way, you need to stop boiling women down to evil harpies out to destroy men. The sheer fact of the matter is is I'm right. A secure man does not need to lessen women and put them in labeled boxes to feel better about himself. That is what an insecure childish bully does. Tear others down to feel better about himself. You do not have less. You have a complex. Deal with it.
Haha, thankyou for such a lovely insult. I am in line with generations before us and in line with scripture. We answer to God. That is fundamental. It shows an ungodly society when we fall from basic things such as the fundamental rights of children to have a loving mother and a father support his family. It works well. It didn't need tampering with. Women have broken up the family, left kids with no fathers, which creates problems with relationships for them and their parents. It effects market forces for house prices for example, creates less jobs, the list goes on. Women, imo, have an inferiority complex. Some men are happy to back them up as they protect their own interesting and it is easier than arguing.
From a point of view of people and children and the human race in the west certainly, it is a fall from grace. You have lost your spiritual seat for greed- as it is written.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Ah, but to him, when a woman does so it isn't to support her family, it is only about "power and money". :rolleyes:
I actually asked him to prove this to me in a previous thread, and he literally took random comments from extremist feminists in the 60s and 70s. I'm not sure that his is a rational mind at this point. I wish he met my sister one day (who is the main breadwinner in her family, has 3 kids, and is the best mother I have ever witnessed), because she would literally knock him out for spewing this prejudiced filth.

Robert.Evans

We are all feminine and masculine. They are but categories for traits we all have. I do not answer to your god, you can keep him. Him and your ideas about the "sanctity of marriage".
Unfortunately we all answer to my God, whether anyone likes that or not. It is apparent thoug that the feminine side is increasing in the west though- your goddess perhaps?

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Haha, thankyou for such a lovely insult. I am in line with generations before us and in line with scripture. We answer to God. That is fundamental. It shows an ungodly society when we fall from basic things such as the fundamental rights of children to have a loving mother and a father support his family. It works well. It didn't need tampering with. Women have broken up the family, left kids with no fathers, which creates problems with relationships for them and their parents. It effects market forces for house prices for example, creates less jobs, the list goes on. Women, imo, have an inferiority complex. Some men are happy to back them up as they protect their own interesting and it is easier than arguing.
From a point of view of people and children and the human race in the west certainly, it is a fall from grace. You have lost your spiritual seat for greed- as it is written.
I'm sorry, as I don't usually bring God's judgment into debate forums. But, as a Christian, I can safely say that God would be shaking his head in disgust/shame after reading this. Very disturbing stuff.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Unfortunately we all answer to my God, whether anyone likes that or not. It is apparent thoug that the feminine side is increasing in the west though- your goddess perhaps?
I've gotta say, no one I've seen in this forum has been more cruel, biggoted, and un-Christlike than you in this thread. The only soul I fear for is yours. You are desperately in need of a brutal reality check before judgment. But, that's just my opinion.

Robert.Evans

I actually asked him to prove this to me in a previous thread, and he literally took random comments from extremist feminists in the 60s and 70s. I'm not sure that his is a rational mind at this point. I wish he met my sister one day (who is the main breadwinner in her family, has 3 kids, and is the best mother I have ever witnessed), because she would literally knock him out for spewing this prejudiced filth.
Then she would be arrested then wouldn't she for being a violent chauvinistic bully and giving a bad example to children as you are giving a bad example.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
But what do you mean by less? I don't think they are less if they are not working as a man. You do. So you judge yourself by a man, I think that is a shame. Nor is it in line with scripture.

No she doesn't. Men and women think differently. That is dishonest to say that imo

anything to do with caring has always been a woman's role.

I don't, that's just it. It's you who think that imo

you mean after the man has made the world nicer and easier for you I guess, right?

so you would work for nothing? rubbish. you wouldn't be a manageress? rubbish.

I find your point of view on women absurd, backwards and disgusting, especially the way you try to twist it around to blame women for your bizarre positions. Just wow.

Robert.Evans

I'm sorry, as I don't usually bring God's judgment into debate forums. But, as a Christian, I can safely say that God would be shaking his head in disgust/shame after reading this. Very disturbing stuff.
The NT tells you, why don't you read it sometime and lives by his rules.

Robert.Evans

I find your point of view on women absurd, backwards and disgusting, especially the way you try to twist it around to blame women for your bizarre positions. Just wow.
Please expand instead of the emotional attack otherwise people will think you have no answers worth listening to, like many others on this thread.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
what point are you making?
YOU say that the conversation about abuse is not about domestic abuse, but you can see by the quotes (the first time that abuse was mentioned .....please do not say the post did not contain the actual word "abuse") that our conversation - all of it - is about domestic abuse. Please own up to your mistakes. Be a man!

Parsimony

In response to the OP, I can easily see a situation like that arising. Imagine a man gets his girlfriend pregnant, then after she has the baby she gets into a car crash and dies. He'd be a single, unmarried father with a child.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Please expand instead of the emotional attack otherwise people will think you have no answers worth listening to, like many others on this thread.
No expansion needed. One need only read your posts to understand what I'm saying.

I've traveled 'round the block with you on this misogynistic and archaic nonsense before.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I am not commenting on them each specifically, but feminism has been the biggest change in the last few decades. It is not coincidence that we see what we see. Women in general just want to blame men .
Why do you always see men as wife beaters? Just asking.
Please stop! She is MARRIED so obviously she does not see all men as wife beaters. Who is not paying attention?

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Then she would be arrested then wouldn't she for being a violent chauvinistic bully and giving a bad example to children as you are giving a bad example.
Of course not. It would be setting a great example. Don't tolerate prejudice against women. She would be smart enough to not get caught. And, I certainly wouldn't want my niece and nephews to think that views like yours are ok.

Robert.Evans

Let me start again:
Tell me what is wrong with a child expecting a loving mother to be their through their upbringing? The answer that they can't be because they are working is because of feminism (the biggest change in the last few decades).

Women now mostly have to work, as market forces have changed- more money in the house drives up the market price of something. (if you don't understand that, look it up)

Early feminists set out to destroy the family, and going by many modern feminist forums, they still are. One quote: "if that means the demise of the family, so be it. It's an outdated institution anyway".

Perhaps you could also tell me what is so hateful for me to say that against women and why it is people can't seem to discuss the matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.