• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are there single fathers, who never married, with children in the West?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draka

Wonder Woman
I am not commenting on them each specifically, but feminism has been the biggest change in the last few decades. It is not coincidence that we see what we see. Women in general just want to blame men .
Why do you always see men as wife beaters? Just asking.
I don't and you'd know that if you actually took the time to read my posts. The thing is, of all the reasons a couple may break up, Feminism didn't cause any of them. Men are responsible for their own actions. It is not women blaming men in general at all, but it is a whole lot of you blaming women in general for every thing you seem to think a man must face. It is a woman who "takes" a job from a man isn't it? Only the insecure man blames women for his state in life.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
What is wrong with them working either from home or a closer environment? The fact taht they can do something means they should?
People don't get to work from home by choice, genius. I wish I could work from home, but I can't.

Why should women be the ones to stay home when, in some circumstances, men are much better "stay-at-home" parents?

leibowde84

Veteran Member
It appears to be a gender that has no shame and cares little about the welfare of the human race and more about their own selfish goals imo
It seems clear that you are extremely prejudiced against women in general. Can you explain where this came from? Are you married? Did your wife leave you or something? Just curious, as you have a lot of seemingly unjustified animosity towards women.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
I find your thinking illuminating seeing as a gender you wait until everything is so much easier in the first place and then come out to take male jobs, wreck the family in doing so, change market forces, and then give no thanks. The point is that we all answer to God and you are supposed to be following the feminine and not the masculine. You destroy the sanctity of marriage imo.

This is one of the most insecure, misogynistic posts I have ever read on these forums, and that says a lot given the amount of crap I have seen posted by some people over the years.

Robert.Evans

You will be assimilated; it is His Will.
Why shouldn't they work outside their home if they can be successful outside it?
It is not the point is it. It is considering the greater good of the family, the children and the society that we live in, and ultimately, the human race. Love from a mother should be a basic right.....which cannot be given if she is at work.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
It is not the point is it. It is considering the greater good of the family, the children and the society that we live in, and ultimately, the human race. Love from a mother should be a basic right.....which cannot be given if she is at work.

I know very loving mothers who work outside their homes, and not all women have or want to have children. Your comment is an overgeneralization that is obviously prejudiced against women.

Robert.Evans

I know very loving mothers who work outside their homes, and not all women have or want to have children. Your comment is an overgeneralization that is obviously prejudiced against women.
I fail to see how a mother is a loving mother if she is not looking after her own offspring. The right of the child seems paramount. That is the good of society and the human race. By now we should be able to lift people to a high level of understanding which is sadly lacking because of "latchdoor kids" who let themselves in to a empty house.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Love from a father should be a basic right.....which cannot be given if he is at work. See how stupid your point was? It is illogical because parents need to work. And, most often, one breadwinner isn't enough, monetarily. If we lived in a perfect world, I'm sure most mothers would want to stay home with their kids as much as possible. But, because this isn't a perfect world, and people need to make money to support their families, both parents usually HAVE to take a job that takes them away from their family.

Also, if we take women out of the workforce, we will be severely hindered in terms of progress. Many women are much better at their jobs than their male counter-parts. To take them out of the work-force hurts the work-force in general.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
I fail to see how a mother is a loving mother if she is not looking after her own offspring. The right of the child seems paramount. That is the good of society and the human race. By now we should be able to lift people to a high level of understanding which is sadly lacking because of "latchdoor kids" who let themselves in to a empty house.

A mother can look after her offspring and work outside her home at the same time. The two are not mutually exclusive. Again, you are generalizing out of prejudice against women, which is very obvious in your posts.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
I fail to see how a dad is a loving dad if he is not looking after his own offspring. Is this magically not true, even though you think the opposite is? I've got to say, I have never seen a more irrational person on this site ... and that is really saying something.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Will you pay to make up the lost income Mom's need to support their families? I thought not. You are nuts.

Robert.Evans

Love from a father should be a basic right.....which cannot be given if he is at work. See how stupid your point was? It is illogical because parents need to work. And, most often, one breadwinner isn't enough, monetarily. If we lived in a perfect world, I'm sure most mothers would want to stay home with their kids as much as possible. But, because this isn't a perfect world, and people need to make money to support their families, both parents usually HAVE to take a job that takes them away from their family.

Also, if we take women out of the workforce, we will be severely hindered in terms of progress. Many women are much better at their jobs than their male counter-parts. To take them out of the work-force hurts the work-force in general.
That is a stupid point as the man has to go out to provide.
And what jobs are women better than men at?
The rest I have explained

Draka

Wonder Woman
Women shoul d not have to feel less? Interesting. So you equate more with power and money, jobs in other words.
But men do have less, they have less jobs and less chance of seeing their family that feminism has broke up. I like your attack again on male pride. Very good. You keep at it. Don't give any thanks either. I couldn't imagine for one moment that men could do that. It appears to be a gender that has no shame and cares little about the welfare of the human race and more about their own selfish goals imo
No, women should not have to BE less. A woman has the same working brain as a man. The same desire, interest, intelligence, ability as a man to be whatever she wants to be. Why shouldn't a woman who finds she has an interest in and an ability to make video games not do so? Why should a woman who has a natural drive to heal people not be a doctor? Why should a woman who has interest in cars and a knack for fixing them not be a mechanic? Why must you insist that half the population of the world is, in some way, inept? If a man can strive to do what he wants to do, to work doing what he likes, what makes it so that women can't, other than your antiquated ideas? You keep going back to the whole "power and money" and feminism crapola. It has nothing to do with that. It has to do with fulfilling dreams. Or it may just have to do with survival. either way, you need to stop boiling women down to evil harpies out to destroy men. The sheer fact of the matter is is I'm right. A secure man does not need to lessen women and put them in labeled boxes to feel better about himself. That is what an insecure childish bully does. Tear others down to feel better about himself. You do not have less. You have a complex. Deal with it.

Robert.Evans

A mother can look after her offspring and work outside her home at the same time. The two are not mutually exclusive. Again, you are generalizing out of prejudice against women, which is very obvious in your posts.
Go on then, tell me how she does it.
And I have no problem with women. Just because I don't see the modern thinking on it does not mean that i have a problem. Would you have said that when women first wanted the vote I wonder.

Robert.Evans

I fail to see how a dad is a loving dad if he is not looking after his own offspring. Is this magically not true, even though you think the opposite is? I've got to say, I have never seen a more irrational person on this site ... and that is really saying something.
Where did "dad" come out of my post?

leibowde84

Veteran Member
That is a stupid point as the man has to go out to provide.
And what jobs are women better than men at?
The rest I have explained
Why can't the woman go out to provide and the man stay home, assuming that each has the ability to provide for the entire family monetarily? You haven't explained your reasoning for this at all.

I didn't say that women, in general, are better at any job, just as men in general aren't better at any job. Certain women are better at certain jobs than certain men are. That is obvious. Why would you disagree?

Btw, the only thing you've explained is that you have an unsubstantiated hatred/prejudice for women in general, unless they are stay-at-home moms.

Draka

Wonder Woman
The point is that we all answer to God and you are supposed to be following the feminine and not the masculine. You destroy the sanctity of marriage imo.
We are all feminine and masculine. They are but categories for traits we all have. I do not answer to your god, you can keep him. Him and your ideas about the "sanctity of marriage".

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Go on then, tell me how she does it.

Just like my aunt and cousin do it. Their children are very healthy, too.

And I have no problem with women.

No, you do:

It appears to be a gender that has no shame and cares little about the welfare of the human race and more about their own selfish goals imo

At least be honest enough to admit it.

Just because I don't see the modern thinking on it does not mean that i have a problem. Would you have said that when women first wanted the vote I wonder.

You make it sound like modern thinking and women's wanting the vote are bad things. Do I even need to explain what is wrong with that sentiment?

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Where did "dad" come out of my post?
If this is true: "I fail to see how a mother is a loving mother if she is not looking after her own offspring."
Then, logically, this must be true as well: "I fail to see how a dad is a loving dad if he is not looking after his own offspring."

Both statements are ludicrous, as society demands that parents work to support their families. And, today, in most circumstances, both parents HAVE to work in order to make enough money to support their children.

Status
Not open for further replies.