• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are there single fathers, who never married, with children in the West?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert.Evans

You will be assimilated; it is His Will.
What mental problems? And provide proof of this ridiculous statement or admit it is total horse pucky.
Do you serioiusly, in your wildest of dreams, think I would jsut make that up. Really? Buy yourself a PC and go on the internet and stop communicating by pigeon. Then you could find that information out yourself. Or is it not in your own interest to do that?

Robert.Evans

Precisely. My best friend was a steel worker, doing the stuff way up in tall buildings and such. My sister is an architect. And I, too, crochet, paint, and so on. This idea that women are consigned to a particular role is stupid.
Why is it stupid? You wait until the world is better understood and safer and then come out make great sweeping changes, all of which are to benefit you, women. You are saying that your foremothers were wrong? What was wrong with them?
Women in the west are too greed orientated and it is no wonder that so many relationships break up with such attitudes, not to mention sodomy. Fear of men is the root cause I think, female insecurities.

JoStories

It is unfair to say that she might have a low opinion of herself when I think the opposite is true. She has the confidence to take some of the blame on her own genda. All you do is defend all the time.
No where in what I wrote did I suggest or intimate that she had a low opinion of herself. I said that her opinion might have a lot to do with her faith. That does not mean she has a low opinion. And by 'genda', am I to assume you mean gender? And if so, what does being female have to do with equality and having the right to do what we wish with our own bodies? She is welcome to her opinion but I have the right to disagree with her opinion. An opinion, I might add, which is in the minority presently.

JoStories

Ms Stories idea of feminine women might not amount to much though might it. ;)
Please tell me how wanting a women to be feminine is "offensive in the extreme". Please explain.
I didn't say that being feminine was offensive, now did I? Please don't put words in my mouth. Being feminine is fine and my late partner was very much a feminine woman. It is your views on women that I find offensive.

Robert.Evans

No where in what I wrote did I suggest or intimate that she had a low opinion of herself. I said that her opinion might have a lot to do with her faith. That does not mean she has a low opinion. And by 'genda', am I to assume you mean gender? And if so, what does being female have to do with equality and having the right to do what we wish with our own bodies? She is welcome to her opinion but I have the right to disagree with her opinion. An opinion, I might add, which is in the minority presently.
You said, "why do dark opinion of women" which sound like a low rather than high opinion to me

Robert.Evans

I didn't say that being feminine was offensive, now did I? Please don't put words in my mouth. Being feminine is fine and my late partner was very much a feminine woman. It is your views on women that I find offensive.
And that is why I said: Why is being feminine offensive. Care to explain instead of dodging the question.?

Robert.Evans

Explain "It is your views on women that I find offensive". Tell me one that is offensive.

Monk Of Reason

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
I am not confusing anything. Gays have more mental problems, more disease, HIV, assaults of their own, and more promiscuousness.
You have stated a lot of drivel in this thread but here is one thing I would like to clarify. There is higher rates of STD in the male homosexual community. I have heard that there is higher rates of assault (I assume you mean sexual) but I haven't found the solid data to support this. I would like to have a link for my personal information as well.

Also the promiscuity is also mostly myth. There really isn't anything to support it aside from some biased and misinformed polls taken.

On the STD issue it is very serous. However the reasons behind it are not what conservatives would like for you to think. The reason behind it is because safe sex in the male homosexual community was never taught. Sex in this community was often done in secret as it was not okay to have a regular open relationship with men in our society. Lastly the problems of HIV and other STD's was not only ignored but INTENTIONALLY not reported. Thus the problem grew out of hand quickly. Thankfully we see that the rates are dropping year by year as new education is available. Monogamous relationships are now possible to be had as they can be done in the open.

On the mental health issue there is some evidence that states that LGBTQ are slightly more likely to have a mental disorder. The mental disorders that are more common are not schizophrenia or paranoia. The two most common are anxiety disorders and depression. They have been directly linked to environmental effects. The amount of bullying found, home abuse and lack of acceptance from not only community but from loved ones such as family makes it surprising that the rates are not higher than they already are.

None of these issues that have been mentioned, of the ones that are actually true, are inherent to homosexuality but rather the environment that conservative christian efforts have forced them in. Lastly I find it also funny that lesbians however are not only exempt from all of these things but are SIGNIFICANTLY better in most categories as heterosexual couples.

Robert.Evans

You have stated a lot of drivel in this thread but here is one thing I would like to clarify. There is higher rates of STD in the male homosexual community. I have heard that there is higher rates of assault (I assume you mean sexual) but I haven't found the solid data to support this. I would like to have a link for my personal information as well.

Also the promiscuity is also mostly myth. There really isn't anything to support it aside from some biased and misinformed polls taken.

On the STD issue it is very serous. However the reasons behind it are not what conservatives would like for you to think. The reason behind it is because safe sex in the male homosexual community was never taught. Sex in this community was often done in secret as it was not okay to have a regular open relationship with men in our society. Lastly the problems of HIV and other STD's was not only ignored but INTENTIONALLY not reported. Thus the problem grew out of hand quickly. Thankfully we see that the rates are dropping year by year as new education is available. Monogamous relationships are now possible to be had as they can be done in the open.

On the mental health issue there is some evidence that states that LGBTQ are slightly more likely to have a mental disorder. The mental disorders that are more common are not schizophrenia or paranoia. The two most common are anxiety disorders and depression. They have been directly linked to environmental effects. The amount of bullying found, home abuse and lack of acceptance from not only community but from loved ones such as family makes it surprising that the rates are not higher than they already are.

None of these issues that have been mentioned, of the ones that are actually true, are inherent to homosexuality but rather the environment that conservative christian efforts have forced them in. Lastly I find it also funny that lesbians however are not only exempt from all of these things but are SIGNIFICANTLY better in most categories as heterosexual couples.
You say I have stated a lot of "drivel" in this thread, apparently so much you can't find one to quote; and then you fairly well agree with what I am saying in my shorthand comment. The question therefore is, so?

Monk Of Reason

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
You say I have stated a lot of "drivel" in this thread, apparently so much you can't find one to quote; and then you fairly well agree with what I am saying in my shorthand comment. The question therefore is, so?
I don't have the energy to shift through everything you said. I chose the most heinous which was quoted. Is there a rebuttal to be had?

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
You 'thinks'? Now that is a development and a form of abuse, all in one. Bravo. Anyway, I have some adults to talk to now. Bye Bye.
Oh.
poor poor thing.
You try so hard to play the martyr, but no one is buying into it.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
Is there a rebuttal to be had?
Don't hold your breath.
Once a person plays the self imposed martyr card, they will not support anything they claim.
Of course, some of them do not support their claims before the card....

Monk Of Reason

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
A rrebuttalto what? Most of it agree with me.
That homosexuality is a normal and healthy thing? That the issues that are plaguing that community needs to be dealt with and by dealt with the most optimal solution is to get rid of all religious based bigotry against it? I am surprised your views have evolved so much since our last encounter.

Draka

Wonder Woman
"archery"!! There we go again. Its always something to do with killing and power with you isn't it ;)
Personally I don't like the western idea of women now that they have to pretend to be men. I preferred it better when they were women, real women.
Archery is fun. It's like giant "darts". :p I don't hunt or kill at all. I just like the challenge and skill aspect.

And women don't pretend to be men. Women are women, real women, no matter what their job, what their hobbies, or what their clothes may be. I am no less of a woman when I where a t-shirt and jeans than I am when I wear a maxi-dress. I am no less of a woman when I watch football than when I crochet a baby blanket (heck, I may even crochet a sweater while watching a game...scandalous isn't it?). I was no less of a woman while in the Navy than I am as a SAHM today. I am me. I am a woman, always have been and always will be, whether you like any of it or not.

Robert.Evans

That homosexuality is a normal and healthy thing? That the issues that are plaguing that community needs to be dealt with and by dealt with the most optimal solution is to get rid of all religious based bigotry against it? I am surprised your views have evolved so much since our last encounter.
Evolved?
You think it is normal?? Okay, well, I don't know what to say to that. I guess one can make anything normal in their mind if they try hard enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.