• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are there single fathers, who never married, with children in the West?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draka

Wonder Woman
I am wondering, does a man lose his masculinity when he works as a nurse, or a daycare provider, or a preschool or kindergarten teacher? Does he lose his masculinity when he enjoys sewing or cooking? Does he lose his masculinity when he changes diapers or feeds a baby? Does a man lose his masculinity as a single father? When he takes his daughter to ballet or Girl Scouts and helps out as well? If a man is a parent volunteer (that actually means a registered member) for his daughter's Girl Scout troop is he no longer a man? Is he a man pretending to be a woman?

Robert.Evans

You will be assimilated; it is His Will.
Archery is fun. It's like giant "darts". :p I don't hunt or kill at all. I just like the challenge and skill aspect.

And women don't pretend to be men. Women are women, real women, no matter what their job, what their hobbies, or what their clothes may be. I am no less of a woman when I where a t-shirt and jeans than I am when I wear a maxi-dress. I am no less of a woman when I watch football than when I crochet a baby blanket (heck, I may even crochet a sweater while watching a game...scandalous isn't it?). I was no less of a woman while in the Navy than I am as a SAHM today. I am me. I am a woman, always have been and always will be, whether you like any of it or not.
SAHM? Don't know that one.
You say you are a woman. You might be, but not feminine. No wI will agree that all is perspective, and you are entitled to yours and I mine. But a woman wearing trousers with short hair doing mens jobs is not feminine, so for me, not woman....rather, man. Very sad. You have lost touch with your past as a species I think.
Now I shall await the reply for that word... ;)

Robert.Evans

I am wondering, does a man lose his masculinity when he works as a nurse, or a daycare provider, or a preschool or kindergarten teacher? Does he lose his masculinity when he enjoys sewing or cooking? Does he lose his masculinity when he changes diapers or feeds a baby? Does a man lose his masculinity as a single father? When he takes his daughter to ballet or Girl Scouts and helps out as well? If a man is a parent volunteer (that actually means a registered member) for his daughter's Girl Scout troop is he no longer a man? Is he a man pretending to be a woman?
I don't think he does, no. Funny that isn't it. I suppose men don't need women to survive but women do. Now you will tell me you don't, but I speak of are primordial past, not the false world we now live in.

dust1n

Zindīq
You say you are a woman. You might be, but not feminine. No wI will agree that all is perspective, and you are entitled to yours and I mine. But a woman wearing trousers with short hair doing mens jobs is not feminine, so for me, not woman....rather, man. Very sad. You have lost touch with your past as a species I think.

You mean the past where we all descended from 2 humans that ate an apple?

Draka

Wonder Woman
A SAHM is a stay at home mom. And a woman's femininity has nothing to do with her job or her clothing or whatnot and everything to do with who she is. I am feminine, whether you believe it or not. Always have been. I can pull off feminine in Navy coveralls. You are not the decider of what makes a "real woman" nor her femininity, regardless of what you think.

I don't think he does, no. Funny that isn't it. I suppose men don't need women to survive but women do. Now you will tell me you don't, but I speak of are primordial past, not the false world we now live in.
Well, that's a hypocrite for you. And men could not survive without women. Male and female are jointly needed for the survival of the species (though science is moving us towards only needing women). And if we are just talking individual adult lives, a woman can make do for herself without a man just like a man could.

Oh, and perhaps a visit to a therapist is in order. This is the real world, not a false world. Perhaps you have issues with delusions.

Robert.Evans

We started talking about abuse between spouses, known as "domestic abuse". You have been trying to "back-peddle" ever since we provided support that your definition of the term is incorrect. There you go ... man.
haha..okay, man.
But we didn't. We started talking about "abuse" that is why I said there are more than one type of abuse. Anyway, can we please find something else to argue about now, like what day it is?

Robert.Evans

A SAHM is a stay at home mom. And a woman's femininity has nothing to do with her job or her clothing or whatnot and everything to do with who she is. I am feminine, whether you believe it or not. Always have been. I can pull off feminine in Navy coveralls. You are not the decider of what makes a "real woman" nor her femininity, regardless of what you think.

Well, that's a hypocrite for you. And men could not survive without women. Male and female are jointly needed for the survival of the species (though science is moving us towards only needing women). And if we are just talking individual adult lives, a woman can make do for herself without a man just like a man could.

Oh, and perhaps a visit to a therapist is in order. This is the real world, not a false world. Perhaps you have issues with delusions.
Hence the reason I made sure I told you that I was speaking of the primordial past, not the false world of cities and the infrastructure that is within them.
So as per normal, you got hold of the wrong end of the stick and we will spend another year of my life arguing it. Go back and read and think.
And clothes to make the person. Why do you think women dress like men in masculine roles like the police. Please don't tell me because it's practical. Clothes reveal who you are, who you are trying to convey to others that you are or represent.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Hence the reason I made sure I told you that I was speaking of the primordial past, not the false world of cities and the infrastructure that is within them.
So as per normal, you got hold of the wrong end of the stick and we will spend another year of my life arguing it. Go back and read and think.
And clothes to make the person. Why do you think women dress like men in masculine roles like the police. Please don't tell me because it's practical. Clothes reveal who you are, who you are trying to convey to others that you are or represent.
Not exactly. I have to wear a suit every day, which is a costume, more or less. I wear them for work, but I hate it, and it presents a very inaccurate picture as to who I am as a person.

Robert.Evans

Certainly, where I live, you need a lot more than $100/week for a child.
For what exactly? I am assuming tht most of it is child care. Please don't tell me it is clothes or food. And the house is already heated, so it isn't that either.

Draka

Wonder Woman
For what exactly? I am assuming tht most of it is child care. Please don't tell me it is clothes or food. And the house is already heated, so it isn't that either.
Childcare alone often costs more than that. Again, add in food, clothing, medical and dental, diapers, and so on and so forth and yes, it takes well more than 100 week to support a child.

How much do daycare centers cost?

Childcare for babies and toddlers
While your child is in the baby and toddler stages, you'll pay more. That's because kids this age need more hands-on care and so the center must hire more caregivers. The average cost of center-based daycare in the United States is $11,666 per year ($972 a month), but prices range from $3,582 to $18,773 a year ($300 to $1,564 monthly), according to the National Association of Child Care Resource & Referral Agencies (NACCRRA). Parents report higher costs – up to $2,000 a month for infant care – in cities like Boston and San Francisco.
http://www.babycenter.com/0_how-much-youll-spend-on-childcare_1199776.bc

leibowde84

Veteran Member
First, what's with all the restrictions? Do you get food, clothes, and heat for free? Heat costs more for more space to be heated. More people in a house means more heat costs.

1. After School care
2. Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
3. Clothes/Shoes
4. Healthcare
5. Housing costs
6. Extra-curricular Activities (sports, musical instrument lessons, art classes, etc.)
7. Entertainment
8. Travel Costs

There are certainly more, but these would take care of over $100/week easy.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
I mean, just in regards to after-school care (school gets out at 2:30; most parents aren't out of work until 6pm), the cost is going to be at least $60/week. None of this is covered by the State.

Draka

Wonder Woman
This is not a false world. And why would we now, in this present day, concern ourselves with how people lived eons ago? You are simply being absurd.

And clothes are clothes. I suppose you expect all women to go around in long dresses with corsets and petticoats? You have issues.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
haha..okay, man.
But we didn't. We started talking about "abuse" that is why I said there are more than one type of abuse. Anyway, can we please find something else to argue about now, like what day it is?
This is the worst post I ever saw. I gave evidence of which posts started the talk about abuse and you choose to ignore.

Status
Not open for further replies.