• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are there single fathers, who never married, with children in the West?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert.Evans

You will be assimilated; it is His Will.
Mostly on the flightline repairing them. Have flown in a few. Had one time where I sat co-pilot for a test flight (just basic start up and controls and hover) and the pilot (though he shouldn't have really) showed me how to start up everything and how to work all the controls. Was fun.
Oh boy, don't tell me you can fly one of those things *gulp*, I shall always be looking up now for a woman holding out her flat right hand. ;)

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
I was. I was an Avionics technician for anti-sub helos. I worked on the radar navigation, communications, and sonar systems for these:
1557834.jpg

This bird is actually from my last command. HS-10 out of NAS North Island.
Fantastic!
Regards

Robert.Evans

You will be assimilated; it is His Will.
I was. I was an Avionics technician for anti-sub helos. I worked on the radar navigation, communications, and sonar systems for these:
1557834.jpg

This bird is actually from my last command. HS-10 out of NAS North Island.
Do I take it then that you don't do any sewing, knitting or flower arranging :p

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
You're up against millions of years of evolution.
I'm absolutely for the unusual guy who wants to do child care to have the freedom. And we definitely could do better at NOT reinforcing the instincts. But I don't think men, as a group, are going to get into child care the way women as a group do.
Tom
I agree with your point.
Regards

Draka

Wonder Woman
Actually I crochet, cook, sew, and I like to dance (still know some ballet moves after all these years). A person is not their job.
I also like to watch movies, play video games, watch football occasionally, and I'm getting back into archery. A person can have a wide range of interests and education and it means diddly squat about their "femininity" or "masculinity".

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
What if we really push it and all men become more feminine. What happens if the rest of the world decide to go to war? Will we all sit about crying ?
If all men, all, became a little more feminine there would be a lot less war. But I am not holding my breath.
Again, we're up against evolution.
Tom

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
They are truly fun. I like helos far more than fixed wing. If you'd like to see them in flight here is a video shot in California, out of the base I was last at. (HS-2 was a command we shared a hangar bay with)
Who sung the song?!
Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Are you sure? I think that is a shame that you do those things, I really do. You lose your femininity and judge yourself of what men do, which also is a shame. It seems You don't value woman and femininity.
One could do all these things, if one is interested; what is there to be shameful for?
Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
I think most places in the world still have issues with gender equality both in and outside of relationships. Relationships should be a partnership. Couples should work together in tandem with neither over the other in importance or standing. How each couple does that should be upon them and no one outside the relationship should have any say. It is the stereotyping of gender-roles that can often be an issue. However, if it works better for a couple to have her work and him be a SAHD then that is just as fine as both working or just him working. The problem also arises from gender stereotypes as to how a man should be. By having some men raised up to believe that they need not be emotional, that catering to women and children is "unmanly", that it is a woman's job to primarily take care of the children and that men aren't as fit to be parents as women are...this propagates the erroneous idea that men can walk away and their children still be fine because they have their mother. While in some cases that may be so, it let's men off the hook in child-rearing. If men don't believe they make a strong difference in their children's lives, if they don't step up and connect and be emotional and play and care for their mother and so on all it does is bring about another generation that believes the men don't need to be there. There are wonderful fathers, men who are caring and support their family in more than just financial ways, and unfortunately, they aren't looked upon as "as manly" as some other men which is just stupid. Women should also show more appreciation and gratitude for the men who do step up and fulfill their role. Should not negate their feelings. Should not write them out of their children's lives merely because their relationship fell apart (with exceptions for protection from abuse).

I don't think men are given a fair shake because of how so many are raised to be. A kind sensitive man may well have been bullied for being "soft" when younger, but is a man to be treasured by a woman when older. I wish more men could realize that and remain strong within themselves to be a real man. A man who is a partner on all levels with his spouse.
Did you address the question"Do you laud the treatment of men as sexual partners with the women in the West?"?
I think you forgot. Please
Regards

Draka

Wonder Woman
One could do all these things, if one is interested; what is there to be shameful for?
Regards
Apparently he finds it shameful for a woman to be just as good as a man in a male dominated field. Some men seem to feel threatened when a woman can be successful doing what they thought was their thing. I encountered this a lot in my life.

Draka

Wonder Woman
Did you address the question"Do you laud the treatment of men as sexual partners with the women in the West?"?
I think you forgot. Please
Regards
Could you please rephrase the question then? Perhaps I am misunderstanding it. Are you asking if I approve of how men are treated or how women are treated? The wording has me slightly flummoxed.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
not normal though Tom is it, I mean, come on...
You know what's natural? Kids having babies when they're 12-14, with almost anybody.
We've developed social structure encouraging people to wait a bit, and pick someone for a permanent relationship. But the world has changed a lot since that became normal. Each child, properly raised, is a much bigger investment. And there are now over 7,000,000,000 of us, we could do with less. So while people are still programmed for sex, especially the young, we'd be better off with less procreation. Things are different now. Homosex is the moral option under many circumstances.
stop making out it is quite normal with no repercussions. The mental problems alone should make you pause for thought.
What repercussions? In a world where having gay sex wasn't a huge social disaster there would be no repercussions, other than a drop in dreadful parenting.
You are still confusing the mental problems caused by homophobia with any caused by homosexual behavior.
Tom

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Can't they, the women and the men, and have such a written agreement before making love with one another?
Regards
Yes, they can. It's called marriage.
Unfortunately, here in the USA, it's been abused almost to the point of meaninglessness. Rather like rape.
I have a relative who just got his fifth divorce. I'll bet he is "married" again by the spring.
He is not really capable of being married, as far as I can see.
He is good at being a dad, he has custody of four kids. He makes sure that they are fed and clean and go to school and such. But I am very afraid that the kids are learning horrible "relationship skills".
What are they learning when their father changes wives like other people buy used cars?
Tom

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Yes, they can. It's called marriage.
Unfortunately, here in the USA, it's been abused almost to the point of meaninglessness. Rather like rape.
I have a relative who just got his fifth divorce. I'll bet he is "married" again by the spring.
He is not really capable of being married, as far as I can see.
He is good at being a dad, he has custody of four kids. He makes sure that they are fed and clean and go to school and such. But I am very afraid that the kids are learning horrible "relationship skills".
What are they learning when their father changes wives like other people buy used cars?
Tom
Do you think his behaviour with the women is humanitarian?
Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.