• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are there single fathers, who never married, with children in the West?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert.Evans

You will be assimilated; it is His Will.
1. No, you made a statement that abuse is not one sided and I can attest to the fact that abuse can occur in the blink of an eye with no provocation whatsoever from the receiving person. Abuse taking more than one form is far from saying that it is not one sided. Saying it is not one sided means that you think that in some way I wanted or provoked this SOB to abuse me and that is utter silliness.
2. No, I could be just sitting there and he would punch me for no reason whatsoever. Perhaps you have never encountered abuse before and maybe you should do some research because you don't seem to understand that topic at all.
3. I am more than comfortable talking about it and act in the capacity of a person who can counsel if a person is being abused.
I have only said that abuse CAN work both ways.
You seem to have a problem with that.

Draka

Wonder Woman
What does that mean?
Exactly what I said. Or don't you remember you telling me that you could tell me what I should do in regards to my life and abusive past? Because you did. You claimed some sense of superior knowledge about what I should do based upon your own beliefs.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
I am truly sorry to hear that baby. Welcome to the club. And btw...Kiss kiss darling. You are the best.
Back at you, my love. My point here is that fighting is natural in any relationship. It is going to happen from time to time. But, abuse should never be tolerated.

Robert.Evans

That it can work both ways is so obvious that to say it to an abused person is disgusting.
It is called being honest. Those can't discuss subject should leave. Otherwise how can we discuss it. And it makes sense now considering the replies I have got. . . ad hominem

leibowde84

Veteran Member
I have only said that abuse CAN work both ways.
You seem to have a problem with that.
Nope. You said "abuse IN MOST CASES is not one-sided". You certainly did not claim that it merely CAN or is POSSIBLE to be two-sided. Should I go back and get your actual comment?

Draka

Wonder Woman
It is called being honest. Those can't discuss subject should leave. Otherwise how can we discuss it. And it makes sense now considering the replies I have got. . . ad hominem
Lovely, goodbye then, don't let the door smack you on the way out.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Exactly what I said. Or don't you remember you telling me that you could tell me what I should do in regards to my life and abusive past? Because you did. You claimed some sense of superior knowledge about what I should do based upon your own beliefs.
I shall be a witness that he really did say that after separating from an abusive husband it is God's will, says he, that you should not remarry.

That you did remarry makes you a sinner against God, according to some people. That is assumed because people have brains with nervous connections.

Robert.Evans

Nope. You said "abuse IN MOST CASES is not one-sided". You certainly did not claim that it merely CAN or is POSSIBLE to be two-sided. Should I go back and get your actual comment?
If you want, go ahead. Because if you recall, the debate since last year, has been about defining the word "abuse". And agressive arguments are abusive and therefore abuse. okay?
So most abuse is two way, because verbal assaults are abuse also. It is only your narrow view of the word that stops this debate going any further. We are not really arguing anything.

JoStories

Brought about through feminism destroying the family and men seeing their true value in the eyes of women. Interestingly it seems, men have feelings too.
If you do some sociological research, you will find that men cheating on women and the pervasive patriarchal attitude men had toward women in the first half of the last century, you will learn it was men who led to familial destruction. Not women, nor feminism. It would seem, at least to me, that you have some very serious issues with women in general.

Robert.Evans

I shall be a witness that he really did say that after separating from an abusive husband it is God's will, says he, that you should not remarry.

That you did remarry makes you a sinner against God, according to some people. That is assumed because people have brains with nervous connections.
And so you make a mountain out of a mole hill and leave the rest of the post out. Thanks.

Robert.Evans

Here is what he originally said:
Abuse, whatever it might be, is not usually onesided.
That was said by him on page 18 I believe
Link?
And if you focus on the words "whatever it might be" we might now not be arguing about nothing. Whatever it might be includes arguments as they are abuse. Do you get it yet yet?

Robert.Evans

If you do some sociological research, you will find that men cheating on women and the pervasive patriarchal attitude men had toward women in the first half of the last century, you will learn it was men who led to familial destruction. Not women, nor feminism. It would seem, at least to me, that you have some very serious issues with women in general.
Your comment would say the same to me about your attitudes towards men. But I have posted quotes on women who said they wanted to destroy the family. Ignore it as much as you want. But it is still true.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
And so you make a mountain out of a mole hill and leave the rest of the post out. Thanks.
You're welcome?
It is written that a woman must not leave her husband (except for one situation) so that's that.
But it is also written that a person should not speak worthless words. Anybody doing that?

Status
Not open for further replies.