• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are there single fathers, who never married, with children in the West?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert.Evans

You will be assimilated; it is His Will.
You are the one who is assuming there is a fight. There is no fight. Although the one who is being treated harshly might be fighting to stay alive.
I was assuming that for the sake of the example! What is this, has everyone gone mad?

JoStories

I think what he means is that anyone married to an abuser chose to be married to that person. Some people promise to love "in sickness and in health". Abuse is a sickness. What he doesn't know is that some people hide who they are. He is a sweetheart courting but after marriage he proves to be a snake.

Not many people choose to marry an abuser. They get tricked into the marriage. Therefore, I think God would call separation from such a person an annulment. You did not marry the man who would abuse you! So by God you may remarry.....but be more careful next time. :)
Trust me Savage, had I known what a miserable you know what that man was, I would have RUN in the opposite direction. And I did know what he meant but it simply seemed inconceivable that someone could write such callous remark when he full well knows that at least two of us here were severely abused. Its very hard to imagine someone that heartless.

Robert.Evans

Mr Obvious that is not what the discussion is about.
At least someone is listening though, eh. We might actually make progress then instead of trying to manipulate people with words and titles. No wonder it says in the OT not to have titles.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Verbal abuse is much the infliction of emotionally charged words, berated against another, with the goal being to make the other think less of themselves and make them easier to control. Words like "useless", "worthless", "moron", "ugly", and so on being used repetitively to the point of the destruction of another person's self esteem.
@Robert.Evans THIS is what the off track discussion is about. Please listen or if you wish NOT to listen then do not claim other people are not listening because it makes you look like a dam fool.

Robert.Evans

Trust me Savage, had I known what a miserable you know what that man was, I would have RUN in the opposite direction. And I did know what he meant but it simply seemed inconceivable that someone could write such callous remark when he full well knows that at least two of us here were severely abused. Its very hard to imagine someone that heartless.
If you talk about me, try looking in the mirror. This is a discussion forum. We do not have to walk through egg shells. If you don't feel able to discuss then leave, read another thread, but don't attack.

Robert.Evans

Verbal abuse is much the infliction of emotionally charged words, berated against another, with the goal being to make the other think less of themselves and make them easier to control. Words like "useless", "worthless", "moron", "ugly", and so on being used repetitively to the point of the destruction of another person's self esteem.
I will add, that can work both ways, from both parties and still be abuse.

Robert.Evans

@Robert.Evans THIS is what the off track discussion is about. Please listen or if you wish NOT to listen then do not claim other people are not listening because it makes you look like a dam fool.
There are fools aplenty here, and perhaps one of them is you. See? That is called rrturning the favour, abusing one as they abuse you, which can go both ways and you have agree with me; so why say that?

JoStories

You have difficulty understanding because it is me? You have already decided who I am so now you can't discuss? what I was saying is that abuse can take different forms. okay?

Most times abuse is from two people, it starts with arguments that then become heated to the extreme. Verbal attacks are also abuse.

No one deserves their nose to be broken. Perhaps this is a subject that is too personal for you to discuss.
1. No, you made a statement that abuse is not one sided and I can attest to the fact that abuse can occur in the blink of an eye with no provocation whatsoever from the receiving person. Abuse taking more than one form is far from saying that it is not one sided. Saying it is not one sided means that you think that in some way I wanted or provoked this SOB to abuse me and that is utter silliness.
2. No, I could be just sitting there and he would punch me for no reason whatsoever. Perhaps you have never encountered abuse before and maybe you should do some research because you don't seem to understand that topic at all.
3. I am more than comfortable talking about it and act in the capacity of a person who can counsel if a person is being abused.

JoStories

Sure, abuse can be verbal. And, sure, the abusive one can easily be the man or the woman. No argument there. My point is that, in abusive relationships, it is most often one party doing the abuse. I have certainly been in an abusive relationship myself where my girlfriend was the aggressive one.
I am truly sorry to hear that baby. Welcome to the club. And btw...Kiss kiss darling. You are the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.