• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Irony of the evolutionary belief

Pogo

what is your observation?: that the universe is FT
What is your prediction: that chance and necesity hypotheis woudl fail // that the life permittign rage would still be narrow as more knowledge and deeper laws are discovered
What are the facts?: that the universe is Ft (this measn that the life permitting values are narrow)

----

What is the test
? : this is not part of the hypothesis (this would be the next step)
What variables do you control for: no idea what you mean
It is not for us to do this, The burden is on you and you haven't learned to crawl let alone walk.

The world is still out of your control.

leroy

W

That is nice, your next step is to propose a test that we can agree will actually test the prediction.
Sure the test would be simulations…………… we can use simulations on what would happen if say the mass of the electron where larger and see how the universe evolves……………that has been done and reported in the literature
Burden of proof is on you to provide the evidence. To provide the test, and demonstrate how the evidence leads to your conclusion.,
You have done none of this, only asserted your conclusion.

Assuming FT without even demonstrating it first just takes you back a step, you have to define and demonstrate FT first. Hint, the fact that we are here by itself only demonstrates we are here, nothing about tuna.
And then we have lack of definition and evidence of this ID.
The hypothesis is that the FT of the universe was caused by a Flying Spaghetti Monster,…………….what is improper about that hypothesis?
Can you figure it out?

Not for us to decide, We have explained how to demonstrate design, you need to explain how your idea fits this idea.
I am just asking what would convince you that intelligent design is the best explanation for THE FT of the universe-

Why are you evading the question ?
Burden of proof is on you to provide the evidence. To provide the test, and demonstrate how the evidence leads to your conclusion.,
You have done none of this, only asserted your conclusion.

Ok you won, I failed ………….now answer the question, what evidence would be good enough to justify the conclusion?

The hypothesis is that the FT of the universe was caused by a Flying Spaghetti Monster,…………….what is improper about that hypothesis?
I think the hypothesis is wrong, but the hypothesis’s itself is not improper.

Pogo

Sure the test would be simulations…………… we can use simulations on what would happen if say the mass of the electron where larger and see how the universe evolves……………that has been done and reported in the literature

I am just asking what would convince you that intelligent design is the best explanation for THE FT of the universe-

Why are you evading the question ?

Ok you won, I failed ………….now answer the question, what evidence would be good enough to justify the conclusion?

I think the hypothesis is wrong, but the hypothesis’s itself is not improper.
it is for you to do the work, not us.
Sure I think the FSM is absurd too, but realize that it is only different from yours in that it is a different set of letters with no useful definition,
Not the way to take over the world.

leroy

It is not for us to do this, The burden is on you and you haven't learned to crawl let alone walk.

It is interesting that you didn’t denied the facts nor the predictions…………….you just made an irrelevant comment

Pogo

It is interesting that you didn’t denied the facts nor the predictions…………….you just made an irrelevant comment
That which is asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence. Hitchen's razor
You are boringly clueless about your own position in any debate.

leroy

it is for you to do the work, not us.
Sure I think the FSM is absurd too, but realize that it is only different from yours in that it is a different set of letters with no useful definition,
Not the way to take over the world.
I am just asking a question.

What would convince you that the Ft of the universe is caused by design

Why is it so hard to answer the question?

Hey you already won…………….alllllllllllllllllllllll my arguments fail……………………. So just answer the question………what would have you accepted as evidence?

Me failing and being wrong about everything, has nothing to to with the question……………so why wont you answer?

Pogo

I am just asking a question.

What would convince you that the Ft of the universe is caused by design

Why is it so hard to answer the question?

Hey you already won…………….alllllllllllllllllllllll my arguments fail……………………. So just answer the question………what would have you accepted as evidence?

Me failing and being wrong about everything, has nothing to to with the question……………so why wont you answer?
A testable definition of design, a definition of the designer including capabilities. A hypothesis as to how this design if it is could be done and the actual evidence that agrees with the hypothesis, and then we do review and look for problems before we accept it.
This is how you try to take over the world.
NARF

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
I said nothing of divine guidance.

I'm talking about your lack of understanding of evolution, and science in general.
Surely I'm not going to contend with you and your knowledge, that's for sure. But I do, will, and so far can ask questions or wonder about your beliefs.

leroy

A testable definition of design, a definition of the designer including capabilities. A hypothesis as to how this design if it is could be done and the actual evidence that agrees with the hypothesis, and then we do review and look for problems before we accept it.
This is how you try to take over the world.
NARF
Ok, but what evidence would be that?

A testable definition of design, a definition of the designer
Design: refers to something that is or has been intentionally created by a thinking agent,
Designer: woudl be the thinking agent

hypothesis as to how this design
the how is irrelevant. you dont need to know HOW the pyramids where made in order to conclude design

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)

That in itself should show you something about what you cannot see, but you can see a very sad world, in my opinion. Some would offer hope by means of evolution or natural improvement. Again, according to the Doomsday Clock, not a real good proposition. According to scientists, the human race is closer than ever to destruction. What does this have to do with the theory of evolution? Well, looking at life according to the theory, evolution inherently prescribes death for every human. So parents have children, love them, only to see everything die, sometimes including their children, and go into sorrow and pay for funerals. Not to mention life popped up from a chaotic soup. That's not rational, as far as I am concerned. Maybe as far as you are concerned it is. Once again -- have a nice day as the Doomsday Clock keeps ticking.

Dimi95

Χριστός ἀνέστη
let me guess -- evolution?
Yes , that is why our genes carry only the neccessary information to create another individual life form.

Evolution is all about what is neccessary.
That is why it is so reliable.

Last edited:

Pogo

That is actually false……… you need evidence (or good reasons) to dismiss something.
Why should we even consider it false in an evidence based debate such as done in science and loosely even in theological debaters.
Burden of proof is on the positor. you dismiss the FSM reasonably for lack of evidence.
Ok, but what evidence would be that?
Observations which are relevant to the hypothesis
Design: refers to something that is or has been intentionally created by a thinking agent,
Designer: woudl be the thinking agent
Yeah, so you have to constrain the designer so we can determine whether whatever is in it's capabili
the how is irrelevant. you dont need to know HOW the pyramids where made in order to conclude design
We see cut stone, not just stone and we see the quarries, men can cut stone and move it so it is consistent with design.

Mysterious ways is not a valid answer.

Pogo

Yes , that is why our genes carry only the neccessary information to create another individual life form.

Evolution is all about what is neccessary.
That is why it is so reliable.
[/QUOTE]
Niggle, there is a lot of leftovers and miscellany in there, see the onion paradox.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
Niggle, there is a lot of leftovers and miscellany in there, see the onion paradox.
Oh dear lord almighty, DO NOT BRING UP ANOTHER PARADOX!!!

Good gad man, with all the problems with the other paradoxes, why would present another one?!
Next will be the C-value paradox...
The sky is falling
The sky is falling....