• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Irony of the evolutionary belief

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
No one can see things in nature,
Yes, we can. You've given examples of things in nature that we can and have detected and measured - hence the reason we know they exist.
we know there is steps in for example the water cycle, but we can't understand them like if we could see each part in the entire process.
We understand the steps in the water cycle quite well and in great detail. What are you talking about?

We can see things in our visible existence, have you experienced things getting designed, things getting built, Things getting assembled, Even something as small as all the tools showing up for the repairman for the job he's supposed to do the next day.

Shouldn't we be able to draw a parallel in our visible existence, to what happens in nature in an invisible existence?
No idea what you're trying to say here.

walt

Jesus is King & Mighty God Isa.9:6-7; Lk.1:32-33
What do you mean "we can't see anything" with the water cycle??
Can we see evaporation happening? Can we see all the steps that happen in a cloud, like how the evaporation collects in the cloud, how it forms water, can we see how a cloud is capable of carrying over 1 million pounds of water?

walt

Yes, we can. You've given examples of things in nature that we can and have detected and measured - hence the reason we know they exist.

We understand the steps in the water cycle quite well and in great detail. What are you talking about?

You have got to admit it is not the same, as when we eyewitness every single part of a robotic system that it's made by a human?

walt

Could you please bear with me for a moment, forget the invisible part I was talking about, shouldn't we be able to draw a parallel in our human existence? Let's make the tiniest observance, I start drawing a picture, will even one stroke in a drawing happen all by itself? Will the pencils show up on the table for me to draw a picture? How about the single sheet of paper? In our human existence I cannot reasonably say that I have eyewitnessed anything designing itself, building itself, assembling itself, maintaining itself, or taking any steps in preparation.

If this happens in nature shouldn't we have an example of it happening in our own physical life somehow?

Pogo

Just because billions of things happen in what we call nature, since things happen that are invisible to the human eye, no one can really say anything happens all by itself in nature. There is pretty good proof things don't happen all by themselves, we should be able to draw a parallel with what's capable of happening in nature, are the same things capable of happening in our visible existence?

All people around the world, since the beginning of the history of man, can't get steps done all by themselves!! Let alone an entire project like a human being!

Can we see evaporation happening? Can we see all the steps that happen in a cloud, like how the evaporation collects in the cloud, how it forms water, can we see how a cloud is capable of carrying over 1 million pounds of water?
Take a glass with a little water in it and cover it with plastic wrap and set it in the sun for a while till you see drops forming on the plastic,. bring it back inside and as it cools you will see the water droplets fall back to "earth".
Desert nomads have used this method to get drinking water for thousands of years. that you don't understand it is your lack of understanding, not because it is magic.

Pogo

Could you please bear with me for a moment, forget the invisible part I was talking about, shouldn't we be able to draw a parallel in our human existence? Let's make the tiniest observance, I start drawing a picture, will even one stroke in a drawing happen all by itself? Will the pencils show up on the table for me to draw a picture? How about the single sheet of paper? In our human existence I cannot reasonably say that I have eyewitnessed anything designing itself, building itself, assembling itself, maintaining itself, or taking any steps in preparation.

If this happens in nature shouldn't we have an example of it happening in our own physical life somehow?
Well that is only because you can't read the book of evolution that spent about 3 billion years getting written into your DNA and have never really thought about how things grow. Again, it is not an example of magic, only your lack of understanding of how it does work.

walt

Take a glass with a little water in it and cover it with plastic wrap and set it in the sun for a while till you see drops forming on the plastic,. bring it back inside and as it cools you will see the water droplets fall back to "earth".
Desert nomads have used this method to get drinking water for thousands of years. that you don't understand it is your lack of understanding, not because it is magic.
I am not interested in an endless debate, that goes nowhere! Thanks for your input, peace be with you. :sparklingheart:

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
I am not interested in an endless debate, that goes nowhere! Thanks for your input, peace be with you. :sparklingheart:
Notice what you did there? Someone provided you with a method with which you could observe something you've claimed is unobservable. Which would demonstrate that your claim about it being unobservable is an inaccurate one.

Instead of addressing it, you've decided to just check out.

Last edited:

walt

If you are not willing to learn, you are right, you are going nowhere. :(
Evolution like you just stated 3 billion years, how about this known fact - at birth you would not live 5 seconds, If you didn't have lungs, a heart, a bloodstream, a nervous system, a brain and many other vital organs. All these organs I mentioned need to exist all at the same time, not evolve 10 minutes later let alone 3 billion years!

walt

Notice what you did there? Someone provided you with a method in which you could observe something you've claimed is unobservable. Which would demonstrate that your claim about it being unobservable is an inaccurate one.

Instead of addressing it, you've decided to just check out.
At birth you would not live 5 seconds, If you didn't have lungs, a heart, a bloodstream, a nervous system, a brain and many other vital organs. All these organs I mentioned need to exist all at the same time, not evolve 10 minutes later let alone 3 billion years!

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Evolution like you just stated 3 billion years, how about this known fact - at birth you would not live 5 seconds, If you didn't have lungs, a heart, a bloodstream, a nervous system, a brain and many other vital organs. All these organs I mentioned need to exist all at the same time, not evolve 10 minutes later let alone 3 billion years!
:facepalm:

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
What??

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
At birth you would not live 5 seconds, If you didn't have lungs, a heart, a bloodstream, a nervous system, a brain and many other vital organs. All these organs I mentioned need to exist all at the same time, not evolve 10 minutes later let alone 3 billion years!
This doesn't address anything I just said to you. :shrug:

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Okay Thanks for talking.
Perhaps you could address what I actually said to you.

"Notice what you did there? Someone provided you with a method in which you could observe something you've claimed is unobservable. Which would demonstrate that your claim about it being unobservable is an inaccurate one.

Instead of addressing it, you've decided to just check out."

walt

Perhaps you could address what I actually said to you.

"Notice what you did there? Someone provided you with a method in which you could observe something you've claimed is unobservable. Which would demonstrate that your claim about it being unobservable is an inaccurate one.

Instead of addressing it, you've decided to just check out."
okay checking out, i've said more than enough, thank you for your view, you have a perfect right to your way of thinking! I'm just one person out of billions.