• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Irony of the evolutionary belief

Dan From Smithville

Monsters! Monsters from the id! Forbidden Planet
Staff member
Premium Member
So, now you admit that there's no evolution, as the theory of evolution hinges on the hope that corcoduck's are found. Otherwise it remains an impossible theory
Not even a rational basis to build a rejection of the theory on. The theory doesn't posit crocoducks. That's a Comfy Ray fallacy. Seems you are unaware of what the theory says or that such nonsense is meaningless.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Since you find out version of evolution wrong, how do you explain the diversity of life on earth, Is it all an illusion due to lack of spirituallity, that we by definition cannot attain, or do you have anything to communicate with the rest of the world?

If you live in your spirit world and deny all else including our ability to understand, there is no point in your pretending to communicate.
That is an interesting conclusion. A position that ultimately leads to a nihilistic, isolationist position on an individual basis.

I believe that we were given to understand the world around us by God and not just act like mindless automatons, ignoring it. But others that claim to be Christian seem to disagree and come up with all sorts of nonsense ideas in vain attempts to discredit what we learn.

gnostic

The Lost One
If, according to evolutionists, human intelligence eventually emerged in an environment that was previously lifeless for millions and millions of years... what is so strange that a Superior Intelligence has already existed for another INFINITE number of years BEFORE that period of time? :cool:

Where did you get this false claims from?

The modern humans - the Homo sapiens - actually have much shorter history when compared to the earlier species of the Homo.

Previously the Homo sapiens was dated as early 197,000 years ago from the Omo I & Omo II fossils (1967 & 1974) in Omo Kibish, Ethiopia.

But in a cave discovered in Jebel Irhoud, Morocco, where a discovery of skull (Irhoud 1) in 1961 by a miner, led to investigation in 1962 by Team of Émile Ennouchi to discover 2 more remains Irhoud 2 & Irhoud 3 (child’s lower mandible). But succeeding discoveries of lower layers of cave, from a team lead by Jacques Tixier from 1967 to 1969, and by Jean-Jacques Hublin in 2004, have discovered more fossils of humans and other animals. Among each excavation/research, were stone tools discovered. The Irhoud 1 skull have been re-tested at dated to 285,000, while in 2017, Irhoud 3 and some burnt tools underneath fire pit have been tested, and have been dated 315,000 years ago.

These new dates have shifted what we know about the Homo sapiens and how long the species have been around.

But the earth wasn’t lifeless, as the Homo sapiens have been contemporary to other earlier species, like the Neanderthals and Denisovans, before they became extinct. Even earlier are various forms of the Homo erectus - the Homo ergaster (which remained in Africa), the out-of-Africa (Eurasian) Homo erectus, and the Homo heidelbergensis (the younger Homo erectus), in which the Neanderthals, Denisovans & Homo sapiens have evolved from.

Even earlier are the Homo habilis, earliest one dated to about 2.78 million years ago to 1.65 Mya, who were contemporary to the earlier Australopithecus africanus (3.31 - 2.1 Mya) that went extinct not too long afterwards.

Life have been all around prior to the advent of the earliest Homo species (Homo habilis), of animals and plants, for hundreds of millions of years. There have been a number of extinction events, but life continued. The earliest multicellular animals and plants predated the Cambrian Explosion, well into Ediacaran period, and possibly began in the Cryogenian period.

But even before animals and plants, the dominant living organisms for billions of years, were earlier families of the domain Bacteria and the domain Archaea, both groups are unicellular & prokaryotic organisms (prokaryotes), going as far back as 3.77 billion years ago.

so for you to say the Earth was lifeless prior to humans, because of some fictional Supreme Intelligence (the biblical God or the Intelligent Designer) created humans (about 6000 years ago), then it is you, Elis, who have no evidence to support your claims.

Since you find out version of evolution wrong, how do you explain the diversity of life on earth, Is it all an illusion due to lack of spirituallity, that we by definition cannot attain, or do you have anything to communicate with the rest of the world?

If you live in your spirit world and deny all else including our ability to understand, there is no point in your pretending to communicate.
Communication is only possible when two people agree with each others world view, otherwise it's just a clash of civilizations and nobody has communicated anything. They say the average person has an attention span of15 seconds, before they pull the trigger

Pogo

Communication is only possible when two people agree with each others world view, otherwise it's just a clash of civilizations and nobody has communicated anything. They say the average person has an attention span of15 seconds, before they pull the trigger
So you think you can only talk to people in your own little echo chamber, then why are you here in a place that is all about talking to people of different world views?

Not even a rational basis to build a rejection of the theory on. The theory doesn't posit crocoducks. That's a Comfy Ray fallacy. Seems you are unaware of what the theory says or that such nonsense is meaningless.
Well, you just shown that you're clueless as to what the theory you claim to believe teaches. You can't have it both ways, you're desperately holding on to the fence sitting position of ignorance.

You need to make up your mind once and for all, do you believe that only fully "evolved" finished creatures were created (that's creationism) or do you side with the crocoduck theory which claims creatures evolved (that's the silly evolution theory). Can you see how foolish it is to believe in both at the same time when they are mutually exclusive???

walt

Jesus is King & Mighty God Isa.9:6-7; Lk.1:32-33
Well, you just shown that you're clueless as to what the theory you claim to believe teaches. You can't have it both ways, you're desperately holding on to the fence sitting position of ignorance.

You need to make up your mind once and for all, do you believe that only fully "evolved" finished creatures were created (that's creationism) or do you side with the crocoduck theory which claims creatures evolved (that's the silly evolution theory). Can you see how foolish it is to believe in both at the same time when they are mutually exclusive???
I think we believe very close to the same way? the heart, the blood stream, the nervous system, the lungs, the brain and other vital organs, need to all be functional, in the first few seconds of life. For example what if one vital organ came first, would the one vital organ survive without all of the rest? The answer is an absolute No! You're right there is not one stick of evidence for evolution.

Evolution is a nice little theory, but it doesn't hold water! If one organ came before the others that one organ or two organs would die instantly with without all of them, and when I mean all of them I'm talking about the ones that are vital to our existence [ that's why they're called vital organs ].

Do you agree or do you look at it a different way?

walt

I'm a little confused here. When is it that you think are "the first few seconds of life"?
at birth of a baby is one example, or at any point in time. all animals and humans need functioning vital organs all at the same time, not by themselves, I am not talking about as they are formed in the womb. Can say the heart, lungs or brain survive by themselves, waiting for the other vital organs to evolve? even a few seconds later without the other vital organs, the answer is always no!

Last edited:

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Well, you just shown that you're clueless as to what the theory you claim to believe teaches.
No, that would be the straw man that you proclaim. I accept the theory based on the evidence. I don't believe it like it was some sort of religion. It is a valid scientific theory.
You can't have it both ways, you're desperately holding on to the fence sitting position of ignorance.
Once again, the ignorance on display here is not mine.
You need to make up your mind once and for all, do you believe that only fully "evolved" finished creatures were created (that's creationism)
Fully evolved is your meaningless claim. It is neither a claim of science nor a biblical claim.
or do you side with the crocoduck theory which claims creatures evolved (that's the silly evolution theory).
I don't side with your crocoduck strawman as proposed by Comfy Ray and parroted by those ignorant of science and holding positions that seem to be desperate with fear of science.
Can you see how foolish it is to believe in both at the same time when they are mutually exclusive???
It would be foolish to consider anything you have declared as science. There is no proposed crocoduck. It is made up out of obvious, perhaps willful misunderstanding of science and, so it seems, the Creation story as well. Tsk, tsk, tsk.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
How does this answer the questions asked of you and not come off looking like those questions are being dodged?

So you think you can only talk to people in your own little echo chamber, then why are you here in a place that is all about talking to people of different world views?
I don't know what your talking about, nobody mentioned "talking" we were discussing "communication" taking is cheap, it just bounces off people like water off a ducks back.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
So, now you admit that there's no evolution, as the theory of evolution hinges on the hope that corcoduck's are found. Otherwise it remains an impossible theory
Crocoducks? Dude, your understanding of evolutionary theory is poor that you really need to take a break from posting and do a bit of learning. The following post is no substitute for a good book on basic evolution, but its an easier place to start:

walt

I'm assuming that this means you think an unborn fetus is not alive? Is it because you think it is an inanimate object like a rock? Or is it that you think it is dead?
How would the mother survive without all her vital organs all there at the same time? Then on top of all that the first mother's body has to be able to have a child, so not only does the mother need all the vital organs the mother needs to be capable of having a child develop inside her body. Oh and that's really possible? So all this stuff happened all by itself huh over billions of years that's a laugh.