• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Zero Probability of Evolution. Atheism wrong?

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
1. I know i exist because i can be weighed, measured and tested.

2. Can you weigh, measure and test your self existent god?

3. Please provide the evidence you claim.

4. See 1

5. See 1

6. Please provide evidence for the claims in the bible.

7. See 1

8. Physicists Prove That Reality Is Not — Repeat, Not — a Computer Simulation

And Reality Doesn’t Exist Until We Measure It, Quantum Experiment Confirms see 1

9. What?

How can you prove that weight and measurements exist? How can you prove that scales and measuring tools exist?

Why do you believe only things with mass and energy exist, when logic and math have neither, but exist?

No, metaphysical things, God, math, logic, exist.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
I've yet to encounter a single argument you've made which doesn't involve making ridiculous assumptions about what other people believe or think.

And, for your information, almost 50% of scientists are atheists compared to 5% of the general population, meaning that a scientist is ten times more likely to be an atheist and almost half as likely to be a theist.

Go back and read my two points, neither of which you addressed.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
So you believed in this deity *before* you asked? In what other situation do you have to believe something before getting evidence of it?

Correct, I forgot to add that pre-salvation prayer was, "God, if you exist, you need to show me evidence so I know if you exist."

I didn't come to Jesus with presuppositions other than that it was all a crock, as I'm Jewish.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
How can you prove that weight and measurements exist? How can you prove that scales and measuring tools exist?

Why do you believe only things with mass and energy exist, when logic and math have neither, but exist?

Measurements are observations. One does not need to "prove" observations. Your use of logic is faulty.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
how do you ask a non-existent being for anything?

Or, for that matter, how do you ask something you don't think exists for anything?

Good question! You are separated from good friends by a rock slide. Do you shout to them to see if they're okay, if they can hear you, or do you hold your tongue, feeling it might be silly to call out to people behind too much rock to hear your calls for RESCUE FROM THE WRONG SIDE OF THE ROCK FALL.

Get . . . . . . REAL.

Get ... on board with a Schrödinger's cat concept here. Christians and Jews and Muslims and millions more say God is real but invisible. It would be logical to begin with He might or might not exist. Certainly, we can start from He doesn't exist unless I have proof, and then I will say as a Christian that God is hiding from all and their sin and coming to all who seek. I mean, that's what Jesus Christ said on this subject.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I know why appendixes came off, my point was we will someday find out natural reasons why all exists unless you want to give me the goddidit nonsense! :)

That article did not take if off the vestigial list. Once again your understanding of what a vestigial organ is appears to be deficient.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
I've tried that. I got no response. Prediction made. Statement concerning existence refuted.

Okay, wish I'd seen this before my prior reply, but can you give some details?

Did you pray, "Jesus I want to come to know you by next week," or did you pray something ten years ago and God has led you to a religious forum?!

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

Try dropping a weight or scales on your foot, you'll know it exists?

Logic and maths exist as intellectual exercises housed in energy and mass. Without energy or mass logic and maths don't exist same applies to your vision of god.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Good question! You are separated from good friends by a rock slide. Do you shout to them to see if they're okay, if they can hear you, or do you hold your tongue, feeling it might be silly to call out to people behind too much rock to hear your calls for RESCUE FROM THE WRONG SIDE OF THE ROCK FALL.

Get . . . . . . REAL.

Get ... on board with a Schrödinger's cat concept here. Christians and Jews and Muslims and millions more say God is real but invisible. It would be logical to begin with He might or might not exist. Certainly, we can start from He doesn't exist unless I have proof, and then I will say as a Christian that God is hiding from all and their sin and coming to all who seek. I mean, that's what Jesus Christ said on this subject.

Poor analogy. You knew that your friends existed before the rock slide. We never knew if a god or gods existed.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
To ask an unevidenced being a question would require belief that the being exists.
As for the claim of testable evidence of its existence, what experiments do you offer?

I can deal with two, but one is a false premise. You can ask a nonexistent God anything in prayer, but He won't hear you if He's not there.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
So now you are claiming that wisdom teeth are vestigial. Please make up your mind

And the appendix is still on the vestigial list. You do not know what a vestigial organ is.

You (purposefully) took my words out of context. I was being sarcastic, and have personally discussed with my dentist how wisdom teeth are NOT vestigial in his humble opinion.

Take out an appendix and you lose its supposed antiviral/antibacteriological capacity, experience future digestive and etc. issues in most cases and so on.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
You (purposefully) took my words out of context. I was being sarcastic, and have personally discussed with my dentist how wisdom teeth are NOT vestigial in his humble opinion.

Take out an appendix and you lose its supposed antiviral/antibacteriological capacity, experience future digestive and etc. issues in most cases and so on.

Sorry but dentists have a rather poor history when dealing with the theory of evolution. You listed evidence that tells us that they are vestigial. Odds are that, like you, your dentist does not understand the concept.

ETA: Since I quoted your entire post how did I take your words out of context?

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
You're asking me to trust your judgment - your assessments of people and your memory - over my own and the data I presented to you earlier, which, typically, you just ignored.

If by God you mean your god, the god of the Christian Bible, most people reject that god.

Everybody on this thread that has disagreed with you is a decent poster arguing in good faith.

The troll might be the one who keeps trying to tell others what they do or must believe, who repeats refuted claims, who keeps promising to provide evidence of his god but then contrives deflections and excuses for not doing so, and then cries checkmate.

There you go again, trying to tell others what they must think. Sorry, but I reject your analysis. Nobody has to think that.

Except perhaps you. By your own tortured reasoning, you just contradicted yourself. If the only way to view people with whom one disagrees and who one thinks are in error is to judge them as delusional and in denial, then you also must consider atheists delusional and denial, assuming that you disagree with them, and after you just denied thinking that.

You have a very uninformed concept of atheists and atheism. I strongly suggest that you cease with your derogatory descriptions of us given that fact.

Now you're ... never mind. It's nice that you two can chat like that. Was it God that told you that atheists are delusional?

Yes, I do place a higher trust in my personal, anecdotal evidence with thousands of people above whatever you can Google in 0.5 seconds, sure. That would be a normal bias, I believe.

God didn't tell me atheists are in denial, because not all atheists are in denial!

However, most of the atheists who post daily on religious forums, in my anecdotal experience, are bitter, and I almost never have to ask what they're bitter about. Only rarely do lifelong atheists raised atheists complain about religion. :)

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
Denial is rejection of a truth in full or part truth. So the basis for such a denial is mental thus a delusion. If you had used rejected instead of denial you wouldn't be placing atheist in a specific category by mere use of words used. Rejection carries no such implications.

Nope. One could have been indoctrinated as per the family unit which is typically how religions continue.

I wouldn't say denial or rejection. I would say many atheists have never encountered God . . . . . . . . . . . yet.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
Wouldn't be the first time such a thing has happened. Galileo did, after all, spend some time on in-home detention because the overwhelming majority of people were wrong and they didn't want their comfy illusion about how significant and important we are burst, and because the idea of Heliocentrism was believed to attack and deny Christian beliefs.

The difference was there was a paradigm shift over time, due to promulgation of facts. In this modern world, the gospel is exploding, multiplying in many places...

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
I don't see grounds for a comparison, since atheism does not require much if anything from atheists, let alone from others.

In any case, you seem to want to say something that is only hinted at. Here is looking forward for the decision to say it.

I believe I was clear, most nice atheists are not Internet trolls, just as most religionists are not trolls.

There are some great atheist websites that rforum trolls enjoy. As a white man, I usually spend time off women's only forums or black history forums. That's pretty normal. :)