• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Yvonne Ridley (captive to convert)

maro

muslimah
‡Âlãn‡ said:
Stop the bull please.

statue.jpg

http://www.rawa.org/statues.htm

i completely diagree with the destroying of these statues by the way ,
but at least they are not bloody criminals like the american government is :rolleyes:

FatMan

maro said:
Believe it or not, Taliban are not extremists

It would be more accurate to say "in general, muslims are not extremeists".

The Taliban is most certainly an extremist group. That is why they have their own seperate identity.

I don't even think Ripley would allow this as a submission.:D

jamaesi

To Save A Lamb
but at least they are not bloody criminals like the american government is :rolleyes:

OH NO THE BIG BAD AMERICAN GOVERNMENT!

As much as I don't like what the republican control has done to this country and goverment, I am very very veeery glad I live in America and not in the land where my family came from being repressed by the Taliban.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
jamaesi said:
OH NO THE BIG BAD AMERICAN GOVERNMENT!
jamaesi said:
As much as I don't like what the republican control has done to this country and government, I am very very veeery glad I live in America and not in the land where my family came from being repressed by the Taliban.
Seriously though Jamaesi, what is there NOT to like about the peace-loving "freedom fighters" in Afghanistan?

Didn't you simply adore the affection for their god and the distinct respect and tolerance towards other religions by blowing up the statues of Buddha. Like, come on.

Didn't you just love the public executions carried out virtually daily in "sporting" stadiums? Like honestly, what other way of showing deep love and understanding is there? If you can't kill the people under your domain, who can you kill? Sheesh.

Didn’t you just adore the raping of children and young women by the hard-working, spiritually enlightened Taliban freedom fighters. A man really needs to unwind after a hard day at the sport stadium.

Didn't you also almost weep for joy at the "Religious Police" trotting about hither and yon, beating and whipping people into submission?

Didn't your heart skip a few beats every time the Taliban rulers issued another edict limiting the personal freedoms of Afghani’s?

Did the Afghani’s elect this group?
Did the Afghani’s revolt when America (& friends) terminated the rule of the Taliban?

In regards to the OP, I am unimpressed. She does seem like a nice lady though. Hopefully one day she will come back to her senses. I am sure that will make headlines as well. :shrug:

FatMan

What does that have to do with the Taliban being an oppressive, extremist group?

Just because the US supposedly bombs, destroys, invades, yada, yada, yada, it makes the Taliban that much less of an extreme group?

I don't think logical debate works that way.

maro

muslimah
YmirGF said:
Didn't you simply adore the affection for their god and the distinct respect and tolerance towards other religions by blowing up the statues of Buddha. Like, come on.

you are the last one on Earth to talk about respect and tolerance towards religions ,
do you want me to quote what you said in other threads?

Didn’t you just adore the raping of children and young women by the hard-working, spiritually enlightened Taliban freedom fighters.

raping of women occured in Abo gharib prison , by the way

And this lady is the one to tell , wether raped or not , not you

Didn't you also almost weep for joy at the "Religious Police" trotting about hither and yon, beating and whipping people into submission?

Didn't your heart skip a few beats every time the Taliban rulers issued another edict limiting the personal freedoms of Afghani’s?

rubbish

Did the Afghani’s elect this group?
Did the Afghani’s revolt when America (& friends) terminated the rule of the Taliban?

This lady is the one to be asked about that,too

In regards to the OP, I am unimpressed. She does seem like a nice lady though. Hopefully one day she will come back to her senses. I am sure that will make headlines as well. :shrug:

so this lady was tortured and raped ,
and instead of telling the truth , she became one of their biggest defenders , just for headlines

not only that , but also she embraced islam , and wore hijab , and changed the course of her whole life , several years ago , just for headlines

i am sorry , but this can work with a 3 years child ,not me

maro

muslimah
FatMan said:
What does that have to do with the Taliban being an oppressive, extremist group?

Just because the US supposedly bombs, destroys, invades, yada, yada, yada, it makes the Taliban that much less of an extreme group?

I don't think logical debate works that way.

i said the american government are criminals ,
and she replied i am very glad in america

and i replied , being glad in america doesn't mean they r not criminals , when it comes to other countries

is this not logic enough?

about taliban ,
they have rules in their country , which may seem repressive for a homosexual , for example
but they r certainly not criminals like others ,and they deal with the captives with respect , as it seems to be

but honestly , i learned that it is better for some people to believe anything , except the Clear truth

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
maro said:
you said Taliban rape women and children ,
so why wouldn't they rape a captive , Mr. very Funny
Perhaps they were gay Muslims? How would I know? Perhaps they got sexual release from killing others? Who is to say?

FatMan

maro said:
about taliban ,
they have rules in their country , which may seem repressive for a homosexual , for example
but they r certainly not criminals like others ,and they deal with the captives with respect , as it seems to be

but honestly , i learned that it is better for some people to believe anything , except the Clear truth

I love the way some arguments get twisted. You said previously "the Taliban aren't extremists". That is incorrect. Whether or not they are criminals and whether or not the US is the most heinous force on Earth is inconsequential to that individual point.

The Taliban is an extremist group. They do not represent the majority of Muslims. I also happen to think they are criminals and violent, but I think based on the last few responses, we'll have to walk through each of the points slowly so not to obfuscate your understanding of them.

Booko

Deviled Hen
*** MOD POST ***

This thread is now reopened. Please keep the following rule in mind as you post. Thanks!

4.) While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or inflammatory posts. We will allow faith to be debated and discussed by a member only when there is no hostile, rude, or insulting opinion of another's faith. The same applies to international conflicts; hostile, rude or insulting opinions of one of the sides to an international conflict will not be allowed. These restrictions to an open debate or discussion also apply to material linked and/or quoted from another site. Our decision is final in these matters.