• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Yusuf Estes

David1967

Premium Member
I was told I could post in this directory as long as it was respectful, so I have a question about this man ,Yusuf Estes. Godobeyer turned me on to him with some of his videos, which I have found very informative. (Thanks Godobeyer :)) He being from very near to where I live and from an almost identical religious background to myself, has a good way of explaining Islam to someone from the USA. He does so in a manner that does not make fun of or belittle anyone. Of that I have a huge amount of respect. I guess my question to the Muslim people that participate in this forum is,: In your own opinion do the views he expresses in this video I posted represent Islam as you understand it, as well as his explanation of its differences as well as things in common with Judaism and Christianity? I know that in Christianity there are so many different branches that it is impossible to keep up with them all. Are his views agreeable to Islam in general? Thank you.

Pastek

Sunni muslim
Yes i like him he is a very nice man. You also have the chanel "The Deen Show" with the host Eddy who was christian.
I like the fact that they respect other faiths because they come most of them from Christianity so they knwo more what they are talking about.
While some foreign sheiks may be less respectful and maybe a little bit arrogants when talking about other faiths.

There's a sheikh that i like, his sermons are sometimes translated. Here a sermon about keeping hope in God, translated in english.

David1967

Premium Member
Yes i like him he is a very nice man. You also have the chanel "The Deen Show" with the host Eddy who was christian.
I like the fact that they respect other faiths because they come most of them from Christianity so they knwo more what they are talking about.
While some foreign sheiks may be less respectful and maybe a little bit arrogants when talking about other faiths.

There's a sheikh that i like, his sermons are sometimes translated. Here a sermon about keeping hope in God, translated in english.

Thank you Pastek! That was a good video. I learned something :)

Last edited:

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
I was told I could post in this directory as long as it was respectful, so I have a question about this man ,Yusuf Estes. Godobeyer turned me on to him with some of his videos, which I have found very informative. (Thanks Godobeyer :)) He being from very near to where I live and from an almost identical religious background to myself, has a good way of explaining Islam to someone from the USA. He does so in a manner that does not make fun of or belittle anyone. Of that I have a huge amount of respect. I guess my question to the Muslim people that participate in this forum is,: In your own opinion do the views he expresses in this video I posted represent Islam as you understand it, as well as his explanation of its differences as well as things in common with Judaism and Christianity? I know that in Christianity there are so many different branches that it is impossible to keep up with them all. Are his views agreeable to Islam in general? Thank you.

Salam David , thanks for post this thread, and i appreciate the words that you said about me :)

I think Yusuf Estes had big knowldge about Islam and Christianity and Judiasm , because he was a Christian and as i know he studied Torah and Gospels from their original langauges (Hebrew,Aramaic,Greek) .

for his opinion about Christianity ,I guess he talking about majority (commun) views , for exemple we in Muslim we had majority Sunni , the other sects had same view with "Sunni" about Quran interpretation, i can say 99.99% matched .

for your video :
I am stop at 5:45 , i did not get his point :( !! about John 3:16 " For God so loved the world ..;"

I will continous watching this video later, and comment about it :)

Last edited:

Tomorrows_Child

Hey David, didn't watch the video but I've seen plenty of his videos and I do agree with what he says and the basics would be agreed upon by pretty much every Muslim, from various backgrounds.

In terms of his views on Christianity and Judaism, I'm not sure what he says in this video (could you sum it up for me please).

I have however seen other vids and what he has said done and one of the most informative ones was where he spoke of his Catholic friend, a priest, who eventually converted to Islam and this led Yusuf Estes down the same road. Anyway, in the video, a Catholic woman asked Estes a question, I can't remember what i twas but he explained the history of the Catholic church to her and the conception of this false idea of the trinity. Very informative stuff.

Here:

David1967

Premium Member
Hey David, didn't watch the video but I've seen plenty of his videos and I do agree with what he says and the basics would be agreed upon by pretty much every Muslim, from various backgrounds.

In terms of his views on Christianity and Judaism, I'm not sure what he says in this video (could you sum it up for me please).

I have however seen other vids and what he has said done and one of the most informative ones was where he spoke of his Catholic friend, a priest, who eventually converted to Islam and this led Yusuf Estes down the same road. Anyway, in the video, a Catholic woman asked Estes a question, I can't remember what i twas but he explained the history of the Catholic church to her and the conception of this false idea of the trinity. Very informative stuff.

Here:

Hello Tomorrows_Child, I have been very busy today. I will watch this video when I get home and do my best to answer your question. Thanks for commenting and sharing this video.

Godobeyer

Premium Member

Salam brother

I had some comment about your video of Yusuf Estes

Yes the Christians Arabs used the word Allah to refer to God .

I watch all video

I think his view is agreeble by 99,99% of Muslims

David1967

Premium Member

Here:

I watched this video last night and found it interesting. I always admire the polite and gentle way this good man answers both critic and those agreeable alike. His non confrontational style is a good example to us all in that respect. I think a lot of that comes from the part of the country he and I are both from. Folks from around here tend to be polite for the most part. You asked me to sum something up for you. Could you be a little more specific as to what you would like me to try to explain? I will do my best.
Thanks again for sharing the video.
Salam:)

David1967

Premium Member
I am stop at 5:45 , i did not get his point :( !! about John 3:16 " For God so loved the world ..;"
I'm not sure his point there exactly. He only partially quoted John 3:16. "For God so loved the world". Maybe because that part makes a distinction between God and Jesus being two different entities (I hope that word is appropriate). On that point I think Many Christian and Muslim probably agree on. The second part of that verse I know that the Muslim faith disagrees with, that being "that He gave His only begotten Son". That is the only reason I can think that he may have used that part of that particular verse...So now I will watch it again and pay closer attention.;)
Salam brother.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
Hi David, thanks for your questions and this thread.

I will be honest and upfront and say that although the specific video you have posted of Yusuf Estes is in line with the view of the majority of Muslims, the fact that he, and so many others like him are following and promoting the teachings of Muhammed bin Abdul Wahhab, the founder of Wahabism/Salafism is undeniable.

The bigger picture, if you are not aware of it, is that most of their teachings are correct, but their version of Islam and how they interpret verses and hadith is always on the violent extreme. (I am speaking of Wahhabism and not directly about Yusuf Estes). As you see from his video, the understanding of who and what Allah is, is the core of Islamic belief. Yet, their teachings on this matter contradict many verses, the view of the majority of Muslims and the views of the three best generations.

If you wish to know more about Islam then I suggest you look into the teachings of the 4 Madhhabs. These are the schools of thought which were founded by Abu Hanifah who belonged to the second generation after our Prophet, and Imam Malik, Imam Shafi and Imam Ahmad of the third generation after our Prophet. The majority of Muslims follow one of these schools. And the fact that the 4 of them coexist and do not speak ill of each other or declare the others as non-believers shows exactly the opposite of what we see in the media such as Islam being intolerable because that's the Wahhabi version of there being only one way and anyone who disagrees is an enemy.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
Some names for you to help you if you choose to learn and inform yourself from those of the 4 Madhhabs.

Zahir Mahmood
Mumtaz Ul Haq
Habib Ali Al Jifri (a descendant of our Prophet through his daughter Fatimah and his son-in-law/cousin Ali)
Hamza Yusuf
Yusuf Al Qaradawi
Ahmad Kutty
Abu Yusuf Riyad Ul Haq
Tariq Ramadan
Muhammed Taqi Usmani
Sayid Qutb

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Salam David , thanks for post this thread, and i appreciate the words that you said about me :)

I think Yusuf Estes had big knowldge about Islam and Christianity and Judiasm , because he was a Christian and as i know he studied Torah and Gospels from their original langauges (Hebrew,Aramaic,Greek) .

for his opinion about Christianity ,I guess he talking about majority (commun) views , for exemple we in Muslim we had majority Sunni , the other sects had same view with "Sunni" about Quran interpretation, i can say 99.99% matched .

for your video :

I will continous watching this video later, and comment about it :)

Salam Godobeyer,

He was talking at 5:45 that the old bible used the same name for God and which is
Allah and he mentioned one verse as an example for the name Allah.

Tomorrows_Child

I watched this video last night and found it interesting. I always admire the polite and gentle way this good man answers both critic and those agreeable alike. His non confrontational style is a good example to us all in that respect. I think a lot of that comes from the part of the country he and I are both from. Folks from around here tend to be polite for the most part. You asked me to sum something up for you. Could you be a little more specific as to what you would like me to try to explain? I will do my best.
Thanks again for sharing the video.
Salam:)

I agree, I like the way he speaks and hearing his story is very interesting, as are most conversion stories. If you listen or watch a lot of Muslim scholars, they are similarly as nice and well spoken, which all Muslims have to be as it's a part of our faith.

My question was in regards to the video you posted, which I didn't have the time to watch in it's entirety and you asked if his opinions on Christians or Jews were agreeable to most Muslims. I just wanted to know what his opinions are?

Tomorrows_Child

He is not sincere:

I only had to watch the first 2 minutes of your video. You are the one who is insincere as this video is being edited for whatever reason, your own or your friends personal agenda. Watch the whole, unedited video, before each section is cut and changed, Estes clearly explains, that when she was 6, she didn't have full understanding of marriage and so her parents sent her back to pray, she was betrothed 3-4 years later and married some years after that, by her own permission and if you have truly studied the life of Aisha RA, then you know hoe stubborn, intelligent, strong and independent she was, a woman like that would not be formed as a result of an abusive childhood. What exactly is the problem?

Then again, this goes against your own personal agenda so I doubt you'll will bother with any research.

David1967

Premium Member
Hi David, thain ks for your questions and this thread.

I will be honest and upfront and say that although the specific video you have posted of Yusuf Estes is in line with the view of the majority of Muslims, the fact that he, and so many others like him are following and promoting the teachings of Muhammed bin Abdul Wahhab, the founder of Wahabism/Salafism is undeniable.

The bigger picture, if you are not aware of it, is that most of their teachings are correct, but their version of Islam and how they interpret verses and hadith is always on the violent extreme. (I am speaking of Wahhabism and not directly about Yusuf Estes). As you see from his video, the understanding of who and what Allah is, is the core of Islamic belief. Yet, their teachings on this matter contradict many verses, the view of the majority of Muslims and the views of the three best generations.

If you wish to know more about Islam then I suggest you look into the teachings of the 4 Madhhabs. These are the schools of thought which were founded by Abu Hanifah who belonged to the second generation after our Prophet, and Imam Malik, Imam Shafi and Imam Ahmad of the third generation after our Prophet. The majority of Muslims follow one of these schools. And the fact that the 4 of them coexist and do not speak ill of each other or declare the others as non-believers shows exactly the opposite of what we see in the media such as Islam being intolerable because that's the Wahhabi version of there being only one way and anyone who disagrees is an enemy.
As far as my knowledge of the different schools of thought In Islam I must admit is limited. I am somewhat familiar with the Sunni, and Shia. And a little about the Suffi. Thank you for your input Ghraib.

Pastek

Sunni muslim
Some names for you to help you if you choose to learn and inform yourself from those of the 4 Madhhabs.

Zahir Mahmood
Mumtaz Ul Haq
Habib Ali Al Jifri (a descendant of our Prophet through his daughter Fatimah and his son-in-law/cousin Ali)
Hamza Yusuf
Yusuf Al Qaradawi
Ahmad Kutty
Abu Yusuf Riyad Ul Haq
Tariq Ramadan
Muhammed Taqi Usmani
Sayid Qutb

I don't really know the works of Yusuf al Qaradawi and Sayid Qutb concerning the Madhabs but those 2 people have controversial thoughts in some subjects.
There's many people among the muslims who dislike them.

@Godobeyer you can give us your opinion about them ?
I know Y.E.Qaradawy was having a show in Al Jazeera but not anymore.

Godobeyer

Premium Member
I don't really know the works of Yusuf al Qaradawi and Sayid Qutb concerning the Madhabs but those 2 people have controversial thoughts in some subjects.

thanks for asking

Sayid Qutb is root of extremism in Egypt (takfirism)

Yufuf al Qaradawi is had new label Mufti al-NATO , he is one of whom allowed the suicide bombs , he had big role in voilence in Syria (encourage the voilence in Syria) ,when he suppose pray for peace .

Gharib

I want Khilafah back

I do not wish to go off onto a topic other than what David intended but Qaradawi and Qutb are both Shafi. They also happen to belong to the Muslim Brotherhood for which many Middle Eastern countries other than Qatar are trying to discredit them and show them in bad light just as the rules at the times of the great Imams did with Imam Abu Hanifah, Imam Malik and Imam Ahmad.

As for any mistakes they may have made, try to remember that only Prophets do not make mistakes all Scholars make mistakes. I cannot say that anyone who I learn from doesn't make mistakes since I would be dishonest as I don't know everything about them. Rasulallah, salallahu alayhi wa salam, himself has said that if a Scholar makes a mistake in his fatwa/ruling he gets rewarded for it because of his efforts.

As for who doesn't like them, that's all those who are influenced by the Wahhabi/Salafi teachings of Ibn Abdul Wahhab, Bin Baz, Al Uthaymeen, Al Albani etc.