• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

You're trans-...what?

Taylor Seraphim

Angel of Reason
You're saying that people who think differently have different thought patterns...

I was obviously not meaning that.

The three sexes tend to have certain thought patterns and most transsexuals have thought patterns typically exhibited by another sex.

Last edited:

HonestJoe

I'm not going to answer these questions myself, I'm more interested in what you all think. So, new trans identities; a-ok or no way?
OK, first, I strongly suspect these kind of rare concepts (where they exist at all) are generally raised not for the purpose of serious discussion or with honest intentions of seeking the bets solutions for all concerned. I think they’re only raised as an underhanded attack against the transgender. I don’t believe you’re guilty of that yourself but I do think it’s the only reason this has been at all raised in the public consciousness (including yours). After all, I doubt any of these concepts are new, the only difference is the labelling. This isn’t an attack against you – please don’t take it that way.

Psychologically and physiologically, I don’t think these things are comparable. While we all have a definitive (and I suspect fairly fixed if not apparent) gender identity but we can’t say the same thing about age. Not only is our chronological age constantly changing by definition, while we may variously feel “young” or “old” in different circumstances, we don’t have a specific “age identity” we can quantify (indeed, many of us reach a point where we routinely forget how old we actually are :) ). The situation now being labelled as “trans-age” isn’t really about a specific age but more general concepts of freedom, being cared for and self-reliance. The causes are likely to be multiple and varied, the best way to address it will depend on individual circumstances. I think the people involved deserve for it to be correctly views as separate and unique rather than being lumped in with various other “trans” identities (real or invented).

The racial one is different again and all the more complex given the general politics surrounding racial identity and the fact that it isn’t clearly defined at all, let alone in the context of self-identity. I’d suggest that the vast majority of the time, this would be more of a social, cultural or political thing that a psychological one and again, deserves to be addressed entirely separately.

The animal one is another complex area with various social and legal aspects. There will be all sorts of different people with various attitudes towards specific animals or animals in general and I don’t think they should all be treated the same, let alone (again) lumped in with lots of other things.

MARCELLO

Transitioning from male to female
I am trans alcohol. I think my parents kidnapped me from smirnoff factory but I know my place very well; inside a Costa boda crystal glass.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I think the age thing is interesting. Of course there comes a time when you have act mature enough to take care of yourself, but what is age but a number? Myself, sometimes I get told I dress like a high schooler, sometimes my dress gets compliments, and sometimes I around others, both older and younger, who are dressed in a similar enough manner that we blend in. And then there was the Black Sabbath concert I got to go to, which definitely had the most age diverse crowd I have ever seen and probably ever will see.
Yes. And when you encourage individuals with penises to believe they are in the wrong body, you encourage the idea that men can only feel a certain way. I've been there and done that with this argument.
Being transgender or transsexual isn't, at all, saying men can only feel a certain way. It isn't saying women have to be x while men have to be y. And if it is such, if it does promote segregation, it's news to my therapists who have spent, in all reality, far more time studying the subject than you or I.

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
I think the age thing is interesting. Of course there comes a time when you have act mature enough to take care of yourself, but what is age but a number? Myself, sometimes I get told I dress like a high schooler, sometimes my dress gets compliments, and sometimes I around others, both older and younger, who are dressed in a similar enough manner that we blend in. And then there was the Black Sabbath concert I got to go to, which definitely had the most age diverse crowd I have ever seen and probably ever will see.

Being transgender or transsexual isn't, at all, saying men can only feel a certain way. It isn't saying women have to be x while men have to be y. And if it is such, if it does promote segregation, it's news to my therapists who have spent, in all reality, far more time studying the subject than you or I.

We've been over this before and I'm not interested in doing it again.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
The three sexes tend to have certain thought patterns and most transsexuals have thought patterns typically exhibited by another sex.
More-or-less. Brain scans and even autopsies have shown that while transsexuals have their own distinct brain, it more resembles the sex they identify with rather than the one they were born with, even without hormone treatment.

Premium Member
Then why did you bring it up? You'd have to know that you would be challenged on this, especially since you're just wrong.

I was specifically replying to another user, that is how the quote feature works. Good to see you attacking instead of contributing as always!

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I was specifically replying to another user, that is how the quote feature works. Good to see you attacking instead of contributing as always!
I wasn't attacking, I was asking a question. Actually, your comment is more of a personal insult than mine. If you don't want to talk about a topic, then don't bring it up. Especially don't say things that you know are controversial and then say you don't want to talk about it. I mean, what's the point of that?

Premium Member
I wasn't attacking, I was asking a question. Actually, your comment is more of a personal insult than mine. If you don't want to talk about a topic, then don't bring it up. Especially don't say things that you know are controversial and then say you don't want to talk about it. I mean, what's the point of that?

I've had this conversation with shadow wolf before, meaning that there's no point in dragging out the same fight. I was specifically responding to shadow wolf. Please learn how the forum works, and feel free to provide something more than "ur rong lawls".

Demonslayer

I had a Trans-Am once, the thing was pretty bad ***.

1976-Trans-Am-main.jpg

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I've had this conversation with shadow wolf before, meaning that there's no point in dragging out the same fight. I was specifically responding to shadow wolf. Please learn how the forum works, and feel free to provide something more than "ur rong laws".
Did you fall and bump your head or something? You know me and you know I've been on this forum for years. If you don't want to talk about it, fine. But I just don't get why you bothered to bring it up in the first place.

Now, even though you don't want to talk about it, I'm going to respond to your comments about it:
Even more common issues like transgender individuals simply encourage gender roles and a segregation between males and females. It's just bad, bad all around.
No, trans people do not encourage gender roles. We don't encourage anything in particular. In general, all we say is to be yourself and that we should be allowed to have the same rights and respect as everyone else. All trans men and all trans women are not a certain way. Most trans men are not macho stereotypes and most trans women are not '50s housewife stereotypes. There's fem trans men, butch trans women, androgynes, genderqueers and gender****ers. I, myself, am a trans man who is mostly masculine but is also a bit of a queen. I don't mind playing around with gender roles and perceptions. No is saying that just because a little boy perceives himself as feminine or partakes in stereotypically feminine activities, that he must be trans and should transition to female. No one is saying that at all. The same goes for adults and anyone else. It would be quite dangerous and stupid to encourage someone to transition just on that basis alone. I transitioned to male for reasons much bigger than "oh, I liked to play with action figures, didn't like dresses and liked to play with boys as a kid".

To transition, medically, you need to have gender/sex dysphoria, which the medical treatments seek to alleviate. Because if you don't have dysphoria, then getting on hormone therapy and possibly having surgery will most likely cause dysphoria. Then you've made a big mistake. So it is not something to be taken lightly.

But that's medical transition. There's many people who are gender non-conforming who are just fine with their bodies and don't desire to undergo hormone therapy or have surgeries. There's some guys who are just more comfortable expressing themselves in a feminine manner and vica versa for women.

Actually, the trans rights movement and our community is actually saying the opposite of what you think it is saying. It's saying that you don't have to be a certain way in order to be recognized as a man or a woman or whatever else your identity may be. It's saying that you don't need to have a penis to be a man, or a vagina to be a woman. Even as a transsexual, you don't need to have the surgery in order to be a "real" man or a "real" woman. You don't have to be macho to be a man, or ultra-femme to be a woman. There's many, many shades inbetween and that's great. It's something that's within you and you can express it however you please.

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
No, trans people do not encourage gender roles. We don't encourage anything in particular. In general, all we say is to be yourself and that we should be allowed to have the same rights and respect as everyone else. All trans men and all trans women are not a certain way. Most trans men are not macho stereotypes and most trans women are not '50s housewife stereotypes. There's fem trans men, butch trans women, androgynes, genderqueers and gender****ers. I, myself, am a trans man who is mostly masculine but is also a bit of a queen. I don't mind playing around with gender roles and perceptions. No is saying that just because a little boy perceives himself as feminine or partakes in stereotypically feminine activities, that he must be trans and should transition to female. No one is saying that at all. The same goes for adults and anyone else. It would be quite dangerous and stupid to encourage someone to transition just on that basis alone. I transitioned to male for reasons much bigger than "oh, I liked to play with action figures, didn't like dresses and liked to play with boys as a kid".
As a straight-up metal chick, I definitely do not uphold the traditional notions and ideas of femininity. I may not be as assertive as most guys, but I'm definitely not as submissive as the second-wave feminism seems to think women have to be. I may enjoy soft and cuddle things, but I also love hard, heavy, and loud. And black goes with pretty much just about anything.
And I definitely am not transitioning just I wanted girl's things as a kid, because I like fairies or cute fluffy things, or because I can find women's jeans that fit a helluva lot easier than men's jeans (and have more options to choose from), it's just because who it's who I am. And even just on the day I finally accepted that and tried to fight against it my mental health improved substantially - before I was suicidal, and I would get so stressed and depressed that I would go for days with very little sleep, and having to force myself to eat something when someone would comment on my sudden and rapid weight loss because my appetite would pretty much vanish. Even if others don't approve or see this as a real thing, I'll definitely take the improvements I've had and am having over the way I was.