• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your thoughts on gay/lesbian/bisexuals?

contemplative

Only human...
Do you believe this would work for other sins, such as theft or murder? Could one repent of being a murderer or a thief, have God's forgiveness and go on continuing to murder/thieve?

But I was born bisexual. I can't change that but it is still my job to repent to God for it even though he wouldn't have made me this way if he didn't want me this way. So once you put it that way it would seem as though it was wrong but one chooses to kill or steal. On the contrary, one is born LBGT.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
I have to say that I find it deeply disturbing that you feel the need to repent of your identity.

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
So once you put it that way it would seem as though it was wrong but one chooses to kill or steal.
Just as you choose to act on the homosexual inclinations of your bisexuality...

contemplative

Only human...
I have to say that I find it deeply disturbing that you feel the need to repent of your identity.

I repented cause I feel that you should repent for every sin. And even though I don't agree that being bisexual is a sin, the bible still states it as that. So I just repented to just sort of make sure that I was doing everything right. Cause you only get one shot at life you know and once God does his final judgement, that's all that is left.

Kavi

Here is something that I would like to know. Do you think that someone can be gay/lesbian/bisexual and still go to heaven?
What is your opinion on gay/lesbian/bisexual people being religious?

There are many different views on this issue, but as long as you live a good life, anyone should have as much of a right to go to heaven as anyone else.

As far as gay/lesbian/bisexual people being religious, that's totally up to them. It's a personal decision they have to make. There will probably be a lot of negativity towards you in the church you're a part of, but certain people have different ways of practicing Christianity. You should find the way right for you. Don't stop believing in what you believe is right, and don't change who you are for anyone except yourself.

Kavi

I agree with what Storm says. Your identity is something unique only to you. There shouldn't be a need to repent for something that you can't change.

contemplative

Only human...
There are many different views on this issue, but as long as you live a good life, anyone should have as much of a right to go to heaven as anyone else.

As far as gay/lesbian/bisexual people being religious, that's totally up to them. It's a personal decision they have to make. There will probably be a lot of negativity towards you in the church you're a part of, but certain people have different ways of practicing Christianity. You should find the way right for you. Don't stop believing in what you believe is right, and don't change who you are for anyone except yourself.

Thanks kavi. That is exactly what I am trying to do. Just go by my own beliefs. But at the same time I want to make sure that I am doing everything right in God's eyes. They're contradicting issues but that's just something I have to overcome.

Smoke

Done here.
Are you LGBT?
Specifically, gay. :D

Right now, I am very scared of what all of this will come out to. Which means that I fear more than just telling my church. And you make a very valid point right here. If I let fear drive me down then that makes me just as bad as everybody else. Right now though, my father has control over what church I attend. Once I come out to everyone about my sexuality then I doubt that he will force me to stay at the church anyhow, but it is still hard. But I don't want to be a part of the problem so I will leave if and when any problems arise in my church.
Coming out while you still live at home can be really difficult. Think very carefully about it before you do anything rash. You really have to be prepared for anything.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
BTW, contemplative, there's a private forum specifically for GLBT. Just thought someone should tell you. :)

contemplative

Only human...
Specifically, gay. :D

Coming out while you still live at home can be really difficult. Think very carefully about it before you do anything rash. You really have to be prepared for anything.

Thanks for the advice. And for the record everyone, I don't plan on coming out til I graduate high school.

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
This is true. But do you expect me to love a girl and just keep it to myself and be miserable?
I would expect a Christian to live for God before themselves... if you did not believe that homosexual action/lusts were sins that would be one thing, but you've stated that you do, and that you plan to continue such things... I believe that is a dangerous path...

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
Thanks and nobody told me that yet
In the "User CP", found in the top navigation bar, under miscellaneous, scroll down on the left, there will be a link that says "Group memberships". Join the GLTBQ(sorry if I missed any) group and you will recieve access to the private room.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
My thoughts on GBLT folks? People are people. The fact that GBLT folks get dumped on is further proof, in my opinion, that humans are the least sane of all the Great Apes.

contemplative

Only human...
I would expect a Christian to live for God before themselves... if you did not believe that homosexual action/lusts were sins that would be one thing, but you've stated that you do, and that you plan to continue such things... I believe that is a dangerous path...

The bible states them as sins but I still don't understand how they are sins. I still view that on the same level as a man and a woman.

contemplative

Only human...
My thoughts on GBLT folks? People are people. The fact that GBLT folks get dumped on is further proof, in my opinion, that humans are the least sane of all the Great Apes.

I think that God intended everyone to love everyone else and that nobody should be looked down upon. I beleive that should go above LGBT being a sin. No matter what, we should be treated equally and we have just as much right into heaven as anyone else.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I think that God intended everyone to love everyone else and that nobody should be looked down upon. I beleive that should go above LGBT being a sin. No matter what, we should be treated equally and we have just as much right into heaven as anyone else.

Love doesn't care what your sexual orientation is.