• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your thoughts on Cuomo's reproductive health act?

ecco

Veteran Member
The Religious Right has a history of intentional distortion. Remember the discussions about the ACA...

What was a bill to provide for reimbursement every five years for office visit discussions with Medicare patients on advance directives, living wills, and other end of life care issues became...

Obama Lies: Grandma Dies

Sarah Palin: "The America I know and love is not one in which my parents or my baby with Down Syndrome will have to stand in front of Obama's 'death panel' so his bureaucrats can decide, based on a subjective judgment of their 'level of productivity in society.' "

U.S. Sen. Chuck Grassley: "We should not have a government program that determines you're gonna pull the plug on Grandma."

Conservative columnist Cal Thomas “No one should be surprised at the coming embrace of euthanasia.”
It is a wonderful legacy issue...
obamacarre-nh-town-hall-001.jpg

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
The Religious Right has a history of intentional distortion. Remember the discussions about the ACA...

What was a bill to provide for reimbursement every five years for office visit discussions with Medicare patients on advance directives, living wills, and other end of life care issues became...

Obama Lies: Grandma Dies

Sarah Palin: "The America I know and love is not one in which my parents or my baby with Down Syndrome will have to stand in front of Obama's 'death panel' so his bureaucrats can decide, based on a subjective judgment of their 'level of productivity in society.' "

U.S. Sen. Chuck Grassley: "We should not have a government program that determines you're gonna pull the plug on Grandma."

Conservative columnist Cal Thomas “No one should be surprised at the coming embrace of euthanasia.”
It is a wonderful legacy issue...
obamacarre-nh-town-hall-001.jpg
It might be better to take the log out of your eyes before you try to take the splinter out of someone else's.

baby.jpg

Nancy Pelosi warns "hundreds of thousands of people will die" if GOP health bill passes - CBS News

Last edited:

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
not really!

I am reminded of a friend, twins in the womb and multiple doctors saying... "Either one will die or both will die, you MUST have one aborted!"

Pressure to now end and although on the outside she showed happiness, the pressure of MULTIPLE doctors put fear in her life that was almost impossible to bear. But she still said "no".

36 months later, a 2 1/2 lb baby and a 4 1/2 baby were born and now, and today after 2 1/2 years, she is so happy she didn't listen.

To have a baby full term and then eradicate is still wrong.

For those (like my sister), who have experienced abortion you can find love and acceptance by God. It is a horrible thing to go through and my heart goes out to all.

As one who went through two miscarriages (natural) it is no less difficult.
Meanwhile Savita Halappanavar died because doctors were so concerned about the ethicacy of abortion that she miscarried, went septic, and died from infection. Just because one of your relatives had a good result doesn't mean all of them will be. And it should be between their doctors and their patients, not anyone else.

ecco

Veteran Member
It might be better to take the log out of your eyes before you try to take the splinter out of someone else's.

View attachment 26791

Nancy Pelosi warns "hundreds of thousands of people will die" if GOP health bill passes - CBS News
Without knowing what she was referring to, I have no way of addressing her comments. I am not going to read a 140 page bill to see what she was referring to.

However, unless I'm mistaken, that's the bill the McCain voted against.

Nevertheless, in the case of Obama Lies Grandma Dies, I showed clear evidence that the Christian Right intentionally misrepresented what was in the legislation.

Why don't you comment on that instead of playing he said/ she said.

Kenny

Premium Member
Without knowing what she was referring to, I have no way of addressing her comments. I am not going to read a 140 page bill to see what she was referring to.

However, unless I'm mistaken, that's the bill the McCain voted against.

Nevertheless, in the case of Obama Lies Grandma Dies, I showed clear evidence that the Christian Right intentionally misrepresented what was in the legislation.

Why don't you comment on that instead of playing he said/ she said.

Because you are looking at a splinter when there is a log. Just brushing away what Pelosi said "because I don't want to" doesn't change what she said.

So... Republican - 1 grandma
Democrat - HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS WILL DIE!

Who has the log?

And there is a litany of examples:

Democrat Jared Polis says more women likely to die if Walker Stapleton is elected governor
Jared Polis attacks Walker Stapleton on abortion rights

DIANE FEINSTEIN: PEOPLE WILL DIE IF GOVERNMENT SHUTS DOWN
Crazy Democrat Diane Feinstein: People will die if government shuts down – Pacific Pundit

Cory Booker to @MSNBC on the health bill: "This will cost American lives if it ever becomes law. This will mean death."

Bernie Sanders: As Republicans try to repeal the Affordable Care Act, they should be reminded every day that 36,000 people will die yearly as a result.

Appearing on CNN shortly after President Donald Trump announced his intention to leave the Paris climate accord, California Gov. Jerry Brown (D.) denounced the move, warning that "if we don't decarbonize our future, people are going to die."

How many would you like? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
not really!

I am reminded of a friend, twins in the womb and multiple doctors saying... "Either one will die or both will die, you MUST have one aborted!"

Pressure to now end and although on the outside she showed happiness, the pressure of MULTIPLE doctors put fear in her life that was almost impossible to bear. But she still said "no".

36 months later, a 2 1/2 lb baby and a 4 1/2 baby were born and now, and today after 2 1/2 years, she is so happy she didn't listen.

To have a baby full term and then eradicate is still wrong.

For those (like my sister), who have experienced abortion you can find love and acceptance by God. It is a horrible thing to go through and my heart goes out to all.

As one who went through two miscarriages (natural) it is no less difficult.
Your reply looks completely irrelevant to this discussion about what the bill is actually saying. This thread is a discussion about the contents of the bill and not about whether one individual decides to have an abortion or not.

Kenny

Premium Member
Your reply looks completely irrelevant to this discussion about what the bill is actually saying. This thread is a discussion about the contents of the bill and not about whether one individual decides to have an abortion or not.
I disagree... the definition and loop holes, that I quoted, makes it very relevant

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

View attachment 26791

It strikes me as strange that Nancy Pelosi, the woman who doesn't even bother to actually read through the bills on her desk , would be any kind of an authority to say that "hundreds of thousands of people will die" if GOP bill passes.

Typical behavior from her though. Not surprised. Just another dense shill with a rubber stamp mentality who's astonishingly lazy and incompetent.

Kenny

Premium Member
Meanwhile Savita Halappanavar died because doctors were so concerned about the ethicacy of abortion that she miscarried, went septic, and died from infection. Just because one of your relatives had a good result doesn't mean all of them will be. And it should be between their doctors and their patients, not anyone else.

Omar L. Hamada

I want to clear something up so that there is absolutely no doubt.

I’m a Board Certified OB/GYN who has delivered over 2,500 babies.

There’s not a single fetal or maternal condition that requires third trimester abortion. Not one. Delivery, yes. Abortion, no.

There is absolutely no medical reason to kill a near term or term infant. For any reason.

Kenny

Premium Member
Why didn't they try to save both?

"More than 24 years ago, Pam and her husband Bob were serving as missionaries to the Philippines and praying for a fifth child. Pam contracted amoebic dysentery, an infection of the intestine caused by a parasite found in contaminated food or drink.

She went into a coma and was treated with strong antibiotics before they discovered she was pregnant. Doctors urged her to abort the baby for her own safety, telling her the medicines had caused irreversible damage to her baby. She refused the abortion and cited her Christian faith as the reason for her hope that her son would be born without the devastating disabilities physicians predicted.

While pregnant, Pam nearly lost their baby four times, but still refused to consider abortion. She recalled making a pledge to God with her husband: If you will give us a son, we’ll name him Timothy and we’ll make him a preacher.

Pam ultimately spent the last two months of her pregnancy in bed and eventually gave birth to a healthy baby boy August 14, 1987. Pam’s youngest son is indeed a preacher. He preaches in prisons, makes hospital visits, and serves with his father’s ministry in the Philippines. He's played professional football as well as baseball. His name is Tim Tebow! Oh and he’s now engaged to miss universe!"

ecco

Veteran Member
So... Republican - 1 grandma
Democrat - HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS WILL DIE!
What do you mean "1 grandma"? There were tens of thousands of people believing this. That's tens of thousands of Grandmas. Can you really excuse that kind of hyperbole? Can you really excuse the Palins and Limbaughs for spreading this kind of fear through lying?

Sorry, that was rhetorical. Of course you can.

ecco

Veteran Member
Omar L. Hamada

I want to clear something up so that there is absolutely no doubt.

I’m a Board Certified OB/GYN who has delivered over 2,500 babies.

There’s not a single fetal or maternal condition that requires third trimester abortion. Not one. Delivery, yes. Abortion, no.

There is absolutely no medical reason to kill a near term or term infant. For any reason.

Your post is unclear.
Are you saying you are a Board Certified OB/GYN who has delivered over 2,500 babies or are you saying someone in a facebook link is a Board Certified OB/GYN who has delivered over 2,500 babies.

I went to that facebook page and searched for the word "abortion". Nothing came up. Are you putting words in Mr. Hamada's mouth?

esmith

Veteran Member
Your post is unclear.
Are you saying you are a Board Certified OB/GYN who has delivered over 2,500 babies or are you saying someone in a facebook link is a Board Certified OB/GYN who has delivered over 2,500 babies.

I went to that facebook page and searched for the word "abortion". Nothing came up. Are you putting words in Mr. Hamada's mouth?
Guess you have a problem with written English. On the Facebook page (you can not copy and past from Facebook, at least I don't know how) it says:
"No evidence currently supports the use of induced fetal demise"
induced..... Induce also sometimes means "produce;" thus, doctors must at times induce labor in a pregnant woman
fetal ....relating to a fetus.
demise.....a person's death.
put all three words together means abort a fetus ....abortion.

Kenny

Premium Member
What do you mean "1 grandma"? There were tens of thousands of people believing this. That's tens of thousands of Grandmas. Can you really excuse that kind of hyperbole? Can you really excuse the Palins and Limbaughs for spreading this kind of fear through lying?

Sorry, that was rhetorical. Of course you can.
:) But it is you that excusing what Pelosi said. Regardless, Pelosi didn't say "1" like the sign did. I deal with quoted facts not exaggerated statements.

Kenny

Premium Member
Your post is unclear.

Nice side step.

ecco

Veteran Member
Guess you have a problem with written English. On the Facebook page (you can not copy and past from Facebook, at least I don't know how) it says:
"No evidence currently supports the use of induced fetal demise"
induced..... Induce also sometimes means "produce;" thus, doctors must at times induce labor in a pregnant woman
fetal ....relating to a fetus.
demise.....a person's death.
put all three words together means abort a fetus ....abortion.
My discussion is with KenS. I will not engage with you for reasons we both know.

ETA: I note that you attacked me personally by saying I have a problem with written English. I believe that is in violation of forum rules. Also note, that I do not report rules violators.

ecco

Veteran Member
:) But it is you that excusing what Pelosi said. Regardless, Pelosi didn't say "1" like the sign did. I deal with quoted facts not exaggerated statements.
Yet you believed the exaggerated statement: "Obama Lies : Grandma Dies".
You believed the ACA had Death Panels.