• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

~Your Theism~

You believe in god as......

• Nontheism (No God exists, + the absence or unknowing of belief in a God)

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Polytheism (Many Gods Exist)

• Monotheism (One God exists [may be triune or made up of sperate entities or persons])

Votes: 10 37.0%
  • Omnitheism (All religions at core understand the universe but are limited by human mind)

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Suitheism (The belief that you are a deity without denial of other deities)

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Autotheism (You are a god and may be nontheistic of other gods [such as laveyin satanism])

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Theopanism (There is a God that exists as everything within everything [such as pantheism])

• Total voters

Bishka

Veteran Member
Well, I didn't see the poll until just now. I wasn't sure what exactly you wanted. In the future, I suggest you be a little more detalied in what you want.

Tigress

Working-Class W*nch.
I identify as a Pan(en)theist, however, I was still unable to vote because:

-
Polytheism (Many Gods Exist)
I believe that many gods exist,

- Monotheism (One God exists [may be triune or made up of sperate entities or persons])
but as facets of one god.

- Omnitheism (All religions at core understand the universe but are limited by human mind)
I believe also that,
to some degree, most, if not all religions understand and affirm the truth. However, I'm not sure that this is the correct definition of Omnitheism. See Omnitheism.

- Suitheism (The belief that you are a deity without denial of other deities)
In step with Pan(en)theism, I believe that God is all and all is God.

Zephyr

Moved on
I marked polytheism, but Omnitheism would have worked too because I think that all people who follow their people's ancient traditions understand the universe as it applies to them.

Mike182

Flaming Queer
polytheism, i believe there are many deities, all are related and all come from the same source, but are individual in their own right!

there are many pantheons, i believe that the deities involved in each pantheon are closely related, as deities are reborn in different cultures across time (ie, many pantheons have a deity for the underworld) but again are unique, not exactly the same, but similar.

Mike182

Flaming Queer
Buttercup said:
One God for me please.

Made up of God the Father, Jesus Christ the Son and The Holy Spirit.
sorry, but when i read this, i got the image of a young spotty teenager in a Wal-Mart Depot behind the till....

"next please?"
"yes, i'd like one God please, of the trinity variety..."
"One Triune Deity, omnipotence and benevolence come included, it's an extra $25 for the cloud, $50 for the lightning, $1.80 for the cool hat.... would you like that in a bag?"

Revasser

Terrible Dancer
I marked "Polytheism (Many Gods Exist)".

I considered "Omnitheism (All religions at core understand the universe but are limited by human mind)", because I don't have a problem with the existence of the gods of other religions (though nor do I buy into the omnipotence claim of the gods of monotheistic religions.) However, I don't think any religion understands the universe or will understand it, because I don't really think there's anything to understand.

Halcyon

Lord of the Badgers
I chose theopanism as it was the option that best describes my belief.

I'd personally describe it as trans-panentheism. Panentheism, because i belief God is all things in the universe but also extends beyond the universe. I added the trans- because i believe God as a concept is even broader/greater than panentheism suggests.