• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

CharmingOwl

JustGeorge What does a Lavendarist believe? Is it a theistic movement? What are some of the core principles?[/QUOTE said:
The basic beliefs are belief in chakras, ancestor worship (Because it is believed hungry ghosts cause issues and ancestor spirits provide protection and guidance.) and belief in the gods/spirits/higher powers which are called the kami.

There are a lot of things many people believe like new age beliefs, and many things I believe and practice outside of these which technically aren't part of Lavenderism. So it's a theistic movement but the degree of variation is very high. You are also meant to honor your own ancestral traditions and heritage within Lavenderism, so there is not a strict belief system that has to be copied between people.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
...you mean that non-Christians should fear the wrath of God. ...after all, that's who Jesus was referring to.
No. The Christians too should fear God, since getting too close to non-believers is not what God may like. God will deal with the non-believers in his own way, probably send them to eternal hell.

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
It seems that Bahaollah & Sons were not aware of all religions that exist in the world and nor are you. You are missing two of the largest - Daoism and Confucianism. These two are followed by hundreds of millions of people. Bahaollah did not know about Jainism, Buddhism and Sikhism. You are missing a host of other native religions, about which you can learn at ISTA - Internet Sacred Text Archive Home.

There are many religions that teach truth. And all truth is accepted no matter which label it is given.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
@Aupmanyav has mentioned a couple... how about Druidry? Or Heathenry? Or Wicca?

I mostly curious about how the Baha'i sees pre-Christian polytheistic movements, including many indigenous religions.

What does a Lavendarist believe? Is it a theistic movement? What are some of the core principles?

A belief in learning qualities and principles such as to be of virtuous and upright character is a major part of many who walk a spiritual path. We believe in one God. Bahá’í’s don’t have priests or gurus and do not practise rituals. Also our teachings do not teach occult or psychic practices. We have prayer and meditation and spiritual development is achieved through service to mankind with pure motives. But many spiritual teachings such as the virtues overlap with many beliefs and these are accepted.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
Thank you for the optimistic view, ...but, as a rule, Unitarians are not great people, ...neither are Methodists, Baptists, Reformed, Presbyterians, Catholics, Anglicans, etc...
In other words, if your friend was charmed and impressed by the particular Unitarian Church that she went to, I would venture to say that her experience was entirely circumstantial. There's good and bad in all denominations, neither one has an edge above the other on that front.

But, on the other hand, if it was the tenets of the faith that was the compelling aspect of her visit with them, then, yes, there's room for praise there.
I am a Unitarian because I feel that that is the uncompromised truth - irrespective of how Unitarians may act. Though, of course, one might expect that peace and soundness of mind comes with orthodox doctrine, not to mention a virtuous life - since we are talking about religion here after all.

Unitarians reject the trinity, modalism, or any philosophy that deifies any man. That is, we believe that only the Father is the sole God Almighty in the entire universe, and beyond. Jesus was his servant who obeyed and loved Him perfectly - the only man ever to do so. Therefore, we worship him as Messiah and Saviour, but never, ever as God.

We Baha’is are far from perfect. It was your tenets she really liked.

DNB

Christian
We Baha’is are far from perfect. It was your tenets she really liked.
Great to hear - I believe that they are sound and reasonable, and in accordance with the Bible. Your friend, if I may say so, has good insight and perception.
Thank you!

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
@Exaltist Ethan

When I was young, I spent a lot of time asking hard questions and learning about all the religions of the world. But now at age 61 I am definitely done with my wandering. I'm very comfortable in Judaism. It meets all my needs.

Last edited: