• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your questions regarding the Catholic faith

Renji

Before that, I just want you to know what to expect with this discussion:

1) Don't expect me to answer as often because I have a busy sched lately, especially next week because we will be having an exam.
2) Because of my reason in #1, I am also expecting some of my Catholic bro's and sis to answer to make this an interesting discussion.
3) Note that our Faith uses not only the Bible, but also the Sacred Traditions handed down to her thousands of years ago. I think this will be discussed later on.
4) I do not give my own opinion regarding our faith. So my answers will be based on the 'magisterium' (teachings) of the Church, to avoid clouding the discussion and our teachings.
5) Learn about our faith.

Now remember, especially to the newbies, this is a DIR forum, NO DEBATES, just to learn about our Faith.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Great thread! :D

To get the ball rolling, what do you (or any of the other Catholics here) consider to be the most important thing that non-Catholics should know about the Catholic Church or its teachings for them to better understand your faith?

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
what do you (or any of the other Catholics here) consider to be the most important thing that non-Catholics should know about the Catholic Church or its teachings for them to better understand your faith?
That is a very good question ;)

I think that depends on the person and their existing knowledge. I would answer differently for someone who knows little to nothing about Christianity at all and someone who is a Christian but knows little of the Church for instance.

Quiddity

UndertheInfluenceofGiants

To get the ball rolling, what do you (or any of the other Catholics here) consider to be the most important thing that non-Catholics should know about the Catholic Church or its teachings for them to better understand your faith?
First, the person in question must assume they know little of catholicism. It is (IMO) the most robust of all relgions. Behind every simple teaching lies a myriad of deeper meanings of God and the cosmos.

Second, (and most important) that God doesn't just love, but literally is Love and that we can be a part of that.

Renji

First thing that they should consider is to know first the Catholic Faith (its tenets, teachings and traditions) before giving judgments regarding the 'walls' of our faith. Amen and Amen,;)