• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your Path In Music

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Thought I'd make a fun exercise...

Show your religious path thus far... in music.

Use as many or as few songs as you like.

Show things that represent both where you've been(religiously speaking), to where you are now.

Have fun!

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Thought I'd make a fun exercise...

Show your religious path thus far... in music.

Use as many or as few songs as you like.

Show things that represent both where you've been(religiously speaking), to where you are now.

Have fun!
In case there's any morons reading this could you explain how this works, with maybe an example or two?

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
In case there's any morons reading this could you explain how this works, with maybe an example or two?
Its fairly open ended.

You could pick music from traditions you were a part of, or you could pick songs that represent a 'stage' in your spiritual development.

(But I doubt there's any morons around here... ;) )

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
This is not 100% biographical but is fits (outside of his early life)

Now part of my work is to hold this as much as I can no matter who is doing what in the headlines (and that's far far far from easy)

and hold on with both hands as the world is being set on fire

and DANCE in the rain the storm brings - "if you're going to walk on thin ice, you might as well DANCE"

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
I'm not able to think of anything other than perhaps music played on the Japanese flute (the shakuhachi), which is associated with Zen Buddhism, particularly the Fuke Zen sect. I've got several such albums.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I never was much of a fan, but I've learned to appreciate the more complex stuff like classical, and in Indian, carnatic, and the temple musicians. I find the Tamil Thevarams can really speak to my heart, if sung well.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
I never was much of a fan, but I've learned to appreciate the more complex stuff like classical, and in Indian, carnatic, and the temple musicians. I find the Tamil Thevarams can really speak to my heart, if sung well.
Any favorites?