• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your Morning Routine

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
A new day is dawning. What is your morning routine? Is it the same every day or do you have one for workdays and one for days off?

Do you awaken to the sun? To an alarm? On your own? What time do you wake up?

What is the first thing you do? Brush your teeth? Shower? Have a cup of coffee?

Do you check your phone for messages? Watch the news? Read?

Do you eat breakfast? How soon after waking?

Tell us about your mornings.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
After struggling for months to adjust my sleep pattern, I now wake up to an alarm around the same time every morning no matter when I fell asleep the previous night.

The first thing I do is brush my teeth and meditate. I then check my phone for messages, especially from friends who live in different timezones. After that, I start necessary tasks (such as studying and working on programming tasks).

an anarchist

Your local anarchist.
I need nicotine

My first thought/action the second I wake up.

Well I usually also immediately groan heartily and distressfully as well lol.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
You asked for it

I wake around 5:30 to 6:00. This time of year, like any civilised person, the sun is still asleep. Wash and dress. Feed the cats. Then I'll often spend 20 minutes or so on the veranda listening to the sounds of the forest and possibly watching the sun peep over the hill in spring or autumn.

Have breakfast (usually cereal) and coffee.

If it's a school/college day i wake the children and a try to lever them out of bed.

Make their breakfast, see they are decent and set them on their way.

Wake hubby who likes a good 9 hours or more sleep.

Relax a while, mostly catching up with RF.

Thursday around 8 hubby and i leave to visit one of the bigger towns where hubby has breakfast and i enjoy second breakfast before going to a supermarket for the weekly shop

Either Saturday or Sunday we'll head out to a market to buy fresh stuff

Other days. . I could go on about housework, yard work, preparing logs for the fire ... But no, enough is enough

JustGeorge

Out of Order
Staff member
Premium Member
Sleep until my gut tells me its time to stop(either from worry, need to use the bathroom, or instinct that other people will be up soon).

Sit in my blue chair and glower at the world.

Put on my armor, bit by bit, piece by piece. Because I can't afford chainmail, I 'armor up' in the form of caffeine and RF jokes.