• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your God is Not God

Do you agree or disagree with this statement: "Your god is not god. Your god (or gods) is, at best, an approach to thinking about god (or to thinking about the gods)." If you agree with the statement, why do you agree? If you do not agree, why not?

With apologizes, I can only rephrase the statement: Your theological conception of God [for in the absence of absolute proof] nothing else exists] has nothing to do with God. Indeed, all discussion about God whether institutionalized or within forums such as this are only 'an approach to thinking' about the idea of God, what humanity has yet to comprehend of fully understand.

Barry Scott

Do you agree or disagree with this statement: "Your god is not god. Your god (or gods) is, at best, an approach to thinking about god (or to thinking about the gods)." If you agree with the statement, why do you agree? If you do not agree, why not?
Nobody's god is god especially dealing with this demiurgic( yahweh ) control system and blood sacrifices. You create man and then punish man because your not being fed through blood lust and hate. A deity who approves of favorites and the mistreatment of millions who don't follow it's systems and that's Just the beginning when deal with other interdimensional interferences and other deities created through man's ignorance of who he/she truly is.

Barry Scott

The God of Abraham, Isaac, Moses, Peter and Paul is God. So being that there is One God, that God is everyones' God, whether they choose to realize it or not.
Yes A God needs blood sacrifices but the Infinite Creator doesn't need that the God of the bible is a cruel being and is definitely not the father christ spoke about.

I do agree no one knows God completely and I'm sure there are many ideas and misconceptions that are not reality in peoples beliefs and belief systems. However I also can't claim to know my wife completely (or any living being for that matter). Does that mean my wife is not my wife. No.
God knows us completely, but our limited, finite minds can only know parts of who God is from creation and from revelation. My idea of God is not God, but my God is a living God.

Mary Blackchurch

Free from Stockholm Syndrome
Your God...
is your God.

Your God is God.

It's not rocket science.

That's true. Thank Rocket it's not science. But it is more complex than that. Why would people get so upset if you put down Jesus or Mohammed/Allah? Because he is who they are. I doubt very highly these prophets/gods care when these people are masturbating - but somehow they care if I make fun of them and the things they supposedly did. If someone has to get upset (and they almost always do) because I make fun of their prophet/god, well, that god is who they are, and It sounds like self-loathing to me. It's also the reason for cherry picking scripture.

lightbulbfish

I believe in one God who has revealed Himself to prophets throughout time.

neologist

Why not define God?

My definition includes the transliteration of the Hebrew word יהוה, normally pronounced in English as Jehovah, or Yahweh. It is the causative form, the imperfect state, of the Hebrew. verb ha·wahʹ (become); meaning “He Causes to Become”. If such a God does exist, certainly He would be God in the truest sense.

I find it interesting that, despite having been included thousands of times in the :Old Testament", modern nominal christians have found it appropriate to replace it with the title 'lord', whereas false gods such as Chemosh are clearly named.

Go figure.

I totally disagree with this statement. A person's understanding of God, is limited only by their faith in God. To those who believe, without 'changing' the written Word, God will provide wisdom, knowledge, understanding and experience(s), in order to grow in their faith. The more He teaches a person, the more difficult it will be to converse with the general population. God teaches/reveals true understanding to those who do not break His Word. They are true believers to begin with. Others, who do not separate themselves from the evils of the world, though they believe in the Word, are of no use to God. God does not want those who are 'sitting on the fence', neither 'hot nor cold'. In Revelation [God's judgement of the various churches], we find that God does not know what to do with these people, so God 'spews them out of His mouth'.

Riders

I agree I have my own relationship with the Gods and Godesses, I have my own higher power, your God religion whatever you are isn't mine and isn't God. There is no true one God over everyone its a lie.

I agree with it, there is no god, so what you think about your god is only in your mind, it doesn't exist anywhere else.

What you believe, you believe; what you do not believe, you do not believe. It doesn't change the fact, that the Word of God, is true.

I have personally seen Christ standing on the right hand of the Lord God Almighty, in a vision I experienced, in the spring of 2003. The vision was similar to what Stephen saw [Acts 7:55-56], but included much more.

I agree I have my own relationship with the Gods and Godesses, I have my own higher power, your God religion whatever you are isn't mine and isn't God. There is no true one God over everyone its a lie.

You are who you are, and have a right to believe or not believe what you will. Your posting breaks the ten commandments ["Thou shalt have no 'gods' before me."], so....carry on.

ronandcarol

Premium Member
Your God is Not God
I will chose to believe the God of the Bible, is the one true God who created everything and sustains everything! Everyone has a God that they worship, I chose to worship the God who can save my soul to life eternal. Can your god do that?
ronandcarol

Kemosloby

Premium Member
Why not define God?

My definition includes the transliteration of the Hebrew word יהוה, normally pronounced in English as Jehovah, or Yahweh. It is the causative form, the imperfect state, of the Hebrew. verb ha·wahʹ (become); meaning “He Causes to Become”. If such a God does exist, certainly He would be God in the truest sense.

I find it interesting that, despite having been included thousands of times in the :Old Testament", modern nominal christians have found it appropriate to replace it with the title 'lord', whereas false gods such as Chemosh are clearly named.

Go figure.

It would be difficult to say " the He causes to become said to my He causes to become, sit at my right side until I make your enemies a footstool for your feet.

Riders

You are who you are, and have a right to believe or not believe what you will. Your posting breaks the ten commandments ["Thou shalt have no 'gods' before me."], so....carry on.

No they do not break the 1o Commandments because you cant break them if they aren't your laws.On the contrary you have broken my churches laws which says Harm non nor thyself do as thou wilt.

You break it every time you condemn people to hell. Your law isn't law mine is for me. Claiming your Gods law over me as if I'm a robot doesn't work for me.

Riders

Your God is Not God
I will chose to believe the God of the Bible, is the one true God who created everything and sustains everything! Everyone has a God that they worship, I chose to worship the God who can save my soul to life eternal. Can your god do that?
ronandcarol

Sitting here shouting down everybody who doesn't believe like you and proclaiming your God as everyones God as if to force it down my throat wow. You know what that reminds me of?

The war Tribal God of the old Testament, well he taught you to go to war well.

I'm not war with you,I don't serve a war God.

Your God has no authority over me and my God lets me out of Hell everyday.

When you get to heaven you might surprised at how many Gods you meet including the all mighty RA!

Guy Threepwood

Mighty Pirate

It's a good question, I suppose it depends on how much detail is included in a person's understanding of God? So I think you are right in a sense- nobody has it all figured out..

But we could say the same about anyone's belief in e.g. evolution or global warming. Even if the premises were true, any one person's set of beliefs on these, is highly unlikely to be the definitive correct one in every detail right?

I think the main difference though is that most people of faith are just that. They acknowledge their personal belief as such- so there is less often the sort of extreme insistence of 'utter undeniable fact' that you hear from academic opinions.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
What you believe, you believe; what you do not believe, you do not believe. It doesn't change the fact, that the Word of God, is true.

I have personally seen Christ standing on the right hand of the Lord God Almighty, in a vision I experienced, in the spring of 2003. The vision was similar to what Stephen saw [Acts 7:55-56], but included much more.
I have seen Christ also, it doesn't mean he's real.

No they do not break the 1o Commandments because you cant break them if they aren't your laws.On the contrary you have broken my churches laws which says Harm non nor thyself do as thou wilt.

You break it every time you condemn people to hell. Your law isn't law mine is for me. Claiming your Gods law over me as if I'm a robot doesn't work for me.

It is evident, that you are an atheist. It is pointless for me to comment on your postings, further.