• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your four senses?

Which one could you give up?

• Taste

Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Touch

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Sight

• Hearing

• Smell

Votes: 16 50.0%

• Total voters

Draka

Wonder Woman
Kind of inspired from the "sex, drugs, rock-n-roll" thread. It got me thinking. If you had to give up one of your five senses (providing that you have those five) which would it be? Of taste, touch, hearing, sight, and smell,...which could you entirely give up if you had to?

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
I think I'll have to go with taste. If I couldn't taste chocolate...perhaps it would be easier to drop weight. :)

I can't imagine a life without being about to touch, hear or see. Of course...taste and smell go hand in hand...

Bishka

Veteran Member
Touch, I couldn't deal without the others, actually, probably nevermind. I couldn't deal without touch either. AHH!! You're making it too hard.

Draka

Wonder Woman
Nehustan said:
speech....I talk too much. (I know I know taste but its uses the mouth)

But speech isn't a sense. You don't sense anything with your ability to speak. Perhaps you could give up hearing and then you wouldn't have to listen to yourself? ;) :D

Draka

Wonder Woman
I, personally, pick taste. I couldn't willingly give up sight (too many beautiful sights), hearing (I love music), touch (you get awful lonely without feeling a hug), and smell (I love the smell of incense and flowers and so on). I'd miss the taste of my favorite foods...but on the brighter side I could eat stuff I find repulsive now...watch out Fear Factor! :jiggy:

Nehustan

no no I'm sticking with speech (maybe I missed my vocation and should have been Cistercian Strict Observance) if I couldn't hear that would be a real problem.

Buttons*

Glass half Panda'd
dawny0826 said:
I think I'll have to go with taste. If I couldn't taste chocolate...perhaps it would be easier to drop weight. :)

I can't imagine a life without being about to touch, hear or see. Of course...taste and smell go hand in hand...
yup, taste for the poundage for me! :D

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
I voted smell as well... It would be nice if I didn't smell that wet neopreme in the morning! :D

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
Smell also. I might like my dog more if I couldn't smell her! :D My hearing is about shot now, so I respect what I no longer have much of. A draw back to losing your sense of smell is you also lose alot of your sense of taste.

Bastet

Vile Stove-Toucher
Nup, I'm not choosing! :149: I had limited hearing as a child, and after all the operations I had to get it within normal range, I'm not giving that up voluntarily. :tsk: Going down the list, taste and smell are the lowest ranking, but I'm still not gonna pick one, and you can't make me! :ignore:

w00t

I am going deaf anyway, and the world is too noisy, so I guess if I had to give up one it would be hearing!

Bastet

Vile Stove-Toucher
Jensa said:
But if you give up smell, you give up taste, too...
You wouldn't lose all your taste though, would you? It'd just be severely compromised, like when you've got a cold and everything tastes like cardboard. Mmmmm...cardboard... :p