• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your forum Name

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
How and why did you choose your forum 'Name' ? I had never belonged to a forum before this one, and signed in under my own name - I was so surprized to see all the strange names. Did you do it under any sense of annonimity? I am interested - I accidentally worked out the reason behind Bastet's name when looking up pages on egyptology.....:)

jewscout

Religious Zionist
well i chose Jewscout because of the South Park reference and i felt like that's what i am...sort of a jew in training:)
maybe when i am converted i'll change my handle to Jewmaster or something lol:biglaugh:

Original Freak

I am the ORIGINAL Freak
While in high school there was a sort of problem. The jocks (stereotyping I know, but it's pretty true) were going around beating up anyone who looked like a skater/punk/or 'weirdo'. They actually beat one guy with the chain he had on his own wallet. I was a skater/punk sort of kid. Well the word Freak became a derogitory remark and I was called Freak quite a few times. Problem is I liked the name...and it eventually became my Nick name. Needless to say I never got in a fight (being 6'-1" 230lbs might have helped).

Mike182

Flaming Queer
hey guys

im corrupt_preist

i am toying with the idea of becoming heavily involved with the church - but my local vineyard are a bit hessitant because some of my views are not in accordance to their own - mainly the homosexuality issue - if i became a leader or pastor of the church and then got into a ahomosexual relationship i would be taken of the pastrol or leadership staff immediatley

so my ideas are ocnciderd by many to be corrupt - and pastor didnt sound right going after corrupt - so i chose preist - but i think i spelt it wrong

o well - ps i hope it doesnt offend anyone - i only have the best intentions but dotn tend to think before i do stuff

God Bless

john313

warrior-poet
I chose John as just a random name and the 313 is the number of people that are supposed to be in the "army of the messiah" when he returns. there will only be 313 true believers at the beginning of the end.
"After receiving permission [to manifest himself], the [hidden] Imam will pronounce the Hebrew Name of Allah; then his Companions, 313 in all, will gather around him in Mecca, in the same way that small clouds come together in the autumn."
[font=Arial, helvetica, verdana]An-Nu'mani, Kitab al-Ghayba, ch.20 p.445[/font]

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
My forum name is from my wrestling gimmick Luke "Warheart" Wolf. Im not sure how I came up with Luke, might be because there aren't many Lukes around where I live, and I got Wolf from the deep love and respect I have for Wolves, who are also my spiritual brothers.

Engyo

Prince of Dorkness!
Engyo is my Dharma name. En means round, or complete; gyo means practice. My sensei gave me this name, and I take it as a goal towards which to strive, rather than something which I have already achieved.

jamaesi

To Save A Lamb
Jamaesi is a name I made up for myself when I was much younger. It rather means a lot to me, though. It's tied in a lot with my otherkin beliefs, also.

I use the name Jamaesi for everything online. In real life, most people call me by my other nickname- Pookie.

Draka

Wonder Woman
Draka is part of my Craft name actually and is a feminine twist of dragon, to which I not only feel a strong connection with but am also a dragon in the oriental zodiac...hence my tattoo as well.

Circle_One

I use Circle One in pretty much everything I sign up for online (either that or Lexicon Devil), both of which are songs by my favorite band, The Germs (Come on, who thought my name would mean something other than a name pertaining to music? Really now :D)

The Black Whirlwind

my original name, md_88, are my initaials, matthew david, and 88 is my lucky number. I just changed to TheJedi because I'm (to my knowledge) the only jedi around.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
This is quite interesting; md, do you know why 88 is a lucky number for you?:)

Aqualung

Tasty
I choose Aqualung because I used to sign up at forums using my screen name, which is really dumb, becuase I made it when I was like 6 or something. I was thinking of a name, and I happened to be listening to Aqualung at the time. This is the only forum in which I use that name, becuase it is my most recent forum, but I plan to continue that tradition whenever I sign up for things on line.

Ori

Angel slayer
Orichalcum was a metal used by the Atlanteans, it was first mentioned by Plato in the Critias Dialouge. The reason I used it was that I think of myself as someone lost in time, I feel like I should have been around many centuries ago instead of today, hence the name.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
TheJedi said:
sorry, i dont know why it is lucky for me, it just always has been.
He - I'm not sure I am convinced by Numerology, but from your profile, I would deduce the following:-
Matthew = 27 =9
David=4 matthew david = 4
D.O.B =11 =2

Joined Forum =11 =2

Favourite number =88 8*11 =2 cubed x11 = 7

From which a Numerologist might well interpret
more feminine than masculine in the way you think, intuitive,but down-to-earth, best at one to one relationships, seek money and material success, path of spiritual awareness and knowledge beyond the grasp of others. :D

The Black Whirlwind

michel said:
more feminine than masculine in the way you think, intuitive,but down-to-earth, best at one to one relationships, seek money and material success, path of spiritual awareness and knowledge beyond the grasp of others. :D
almost all of it is right, except i think much more masculine then feminine, and i also seek money and sucess to help others as well as myself.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
TheJedi said:
almost all of it is right, except i think much more masculine then feminine, and i also seek money and sucess to help others as well as myself.
Which just shows how hit and miss Numerology is; but I am going to be thoroughly off topic if I explain why - if anyone is interested, you can PM me (BTW I charge US $25/ half hour for consultations which will be meaningless, will leave you confused etc. etc ........).

i am tired time for bed.:bonk:

kreeden

Virus of the Mind
Having a name with three " e "s in it appeals to me ....

:) Actually , it is a game-name I made up years ago while playing around with the word " cretin ". I liked it , so I kept it . It is the only name I have ever given myself . { other then " Supreme Being of the Universe , and All-around Nice Guy "..... sorry , couldn't help myself ;) } .