• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your Favourite Watson?

Who Is Your Favourite Watson

• Jude Law

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Martin Freeman

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Lucy Liu

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters

The Neo Nerd

So who is your fav Watson

Jude Law

jude-law-sherlock-holmes-movie-poster-01.jpg

Martin Freeman

john-watson-sherlock6.jpg

Lucy Liu

elementary_watson_0.jpg

DreadFish

Cosmic Vagabond
I particularly like Martin Freeman, though Jude Law was pretty good in the movies. I haven't watched the American Sherlock show, so I have no opinion on Lucy Liu.

The Neo Nerd

I voted for Lucy Liu because i think her character is more interesting than the others. She gets in and actually solves crimes instead of just being a sounding board for Holmes.

That being said i think freeman plays it closer to the books. But he's a bit goofy for my liking.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I voted for Lucy Liu because i think her character is more interesting than the others. She gets in and actually solves crimes instead of just being a sounding board for Holmes.
OK, your better reasons are acceptable too.
This whole new take on Sherlock Holmes is an improvement on even the best of'm, ie, Jeremy Brett & David Burke.

NoraSariah

Jude Law. I love Martin Freeman, and I've never seen Elementary, but Jude Law has always been my favorite Watson.

Infinitum

Possessed Bookworm
I like them all in my own way, although I haven't watched Elementary so much. I'm very passionate about the Sherlock Holmes interpretations, since I've read the original stories and love them. The movies come closest to the originals, but the characters in BBC's Sherlock are very faithful to their book counterparts. In the series the personality of Watson gets more spotlight than in the movie, and I really enjoy Martin Freeman's expressions as a form to express what the character of Watson doesn't talk about in Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's writing. So, based on that I vote for Freeman, because he's the actor that for me tells the story of Watson to its truest.

Last edited:

StarryNightshade

Spiritually confused Jew
Premium Member
I rather like Martin Freeman as Watson. Even if that came around from my friend forcing me to watch all 3 seasons of Sherlock. :p