• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

your favorite images :)

Philomath

Sadhaka
Namaste Philomath

Yes this particular Krsna painting has a beautiful and captivating quality.

I could be wrong, but I believe the original oil painting of this very painting you shaed in the lobby of the Berkeley CA Jagannath Temple.

There was a Dasi named Jadurani Devi Dasi who use to do such paintings. Who knows, she may have painted this very picture?

Om Namah Sivaya

Namaste ShivaFan

That's interesting. I didn't know it was originally a painting. If I ever get the opportunity I'd love to see it in person.

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
Namaste and yes, I hope you do. Taking a close look at the one you shared, while it is an exact match, I don't recall the colors being as brite as this, except the blue. This may be a very, very good copy of the original painting.

Honestly, some of the most beautiful paintings come from ISKCON.

Om Namah Sivaya

Philomath

Sadhaka
Namaste and yes, I hope you do. Taking a close look at the one you shared, while it is an exact match, I don't recall the colors being as brite as this, except the blue. This may be a very, very good copy of the original painting.

Honestly, some of the most beautiful paintings come from ISKCON.

Om Namah Sivaya

I haven't really seen much ISKCON art but I'll look into more now.

ratikala

Istha gosthi
namaskaram :namaste

to me not many can depict divinity better than B G Sharma his paintings are so perfect in every detail and so so beautifull :namaste

hanumanji-painting-717512-500x500.jpg

Last edited:

ratikala

Istha gosthi
krishna-radha-717514-500x500.jpg

thesr pictutres you can study for hours and see so many details and every thing is so perfect from the instruments being played to the offerings being served the clothes worn everything is culturaly correct

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
krishna-radha-717514-500x500.jpg

thesr pictutres you can study for hours and see so many details and every thing is so perfect from the instruments being played to the offerings being served the clothes worn everything is culturaly correct

Namaste,

These paintings show an evolved consciousness. There is beauty and progressive knowledge [and vast creativity] in the dharmic (Brahmanical) mind.

M.V.

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
shri_krishna.jpg

and such beautifull y adoring gomata 's

Namaste,

I want to become a cowherd. And, spoil the female cows with love and adoration. And, worship them as well by conducting many yagyas for them and their well being.

I once saw a cow giving birth in Ranip, Gujarat when I was very little. The whole street was closed down and the police came blocking off the road as well. Priests were called in to officiate a ritual for the well being of the newly born calf. Even sweets were offered throughout the school. In Gujarat, it is very auspicious to witness the birth of a calf.

Gujarat = Lord Shri Krishna fanatics: proud and vehemently devoted! We 'da best y'all! :D :D :D

M.V.

ratikala

Istha gosthi
and so many images we know have been cipied fron the great artists like sharma who paint in a time honoured tradition you will even see his name copied with small alteration , and now iskcon have accepted these depictions and use them also
B6RP282_b.jpg

a good artist is like a guru he describes every small detail in its correct manner without adding or taking away whith out whim or fancy .

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I know this is a picture of Lord Skanda - can you tell me abit more about this particular picture/incarnation?

Dandapani is the name, and it is Murugan in renunciate form. Therefore he is carrying the sannyasin's staff, is attired very simply, and looks more reclusive. He's also wearinf rudraksha and the adheenakartar pendant symbolising he's no ordinary renunciate, but the head of all renunciates. At Palani temple he takes this form as well as in many temples around the world. Since I know sannyasins personally and have tremendous admiration for them, Dandapani really appeals to me. For more info like the history I would recommend researching Palani Temple ot Palani Devasthanam..