• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

your favorite images :)

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
I know I'm seeing this thread late.

That is on the cover of The Sermon on the Mount According to Vedanta by Swami Prabhavananda. I enjoyed the book and learned a lot of things. I've printed that picture for some people in a re-hab, and on the reverse side put the prayers

Lord, You are now with me, yet I am unable to see you.
Grant me Grace, empower me to behold You. You are
my Light. You are my Father. You are my eternal Mother.
You are the Breath of my breath. You are everything.
From all sides, at all times, You are watching me,
seeing me, blessing me. You are in the children,
in the creatures great and small. You are everywhere.
Will You not reveal Yourself to me?

Lord, lead me, guide me, purify me, render me peaceful,
wise, strong, noble, saintly. As You are in me, express
Yourself through me. Let me be a channel for the flow
of Your Nature and Qualities. Not my personality, but
Your Personality which is full of Perfection, finds Its
expression through me. I don't want my will to be done,
for my will is imperfect, exposed to wrong impulse, full
of limitations. Your Will is wonderful, perfect, omnipotent.
Let Your Will be done through me.

O Lord kindly forgive my wrong actions done knowingly
or unknowingly, either through my organs of action or
through my organs of perception or by my mind. Glory
to You O Lord, Who is the ocean of kindness.

A nice Hinduized image of Jesus.

jesus_meditating_forest.jpg

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
I was taught that it is on the extended exhale. When we chant Aum slowly and deliberately we actually encapsulate all of the vowels in the alphabet :D

And it spans our entire vocal, breathing and chakra range. I read a long time ago that this philosophy is why Om (or Aum, if you please) represents all of creation. I recently read that the proper pronunciation is more of an aaawwoooommmmmm and not ohhhmmm. The 'au' diphthong is more like aawwoo, not 'oh'. Who knew? :shrug: I think the misunderstanding is in not consistently spelling it 'aum'.

Swami Sivananda said (excerpt in a little prayer book I have) to hold the breath on the inhale as long as possible, then slowly exhale on the aum. I don't do that, but I let Aum extend on the full exhale then immediately draw another deep breath and immediately exhale.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
There are indeed some beautiful pictures here. Yet nobody but me sees the irony of posting a picture of a non-Hindu figure in the Hinduism DIR favorite images? Sorry, I just don't get it.

Shuddhasattva

There are indeed some beautiful pictures here. Yet nobody but me sees the irony of posting a picture of a non-Hindu figure in the Hinduism DIR favorite images? Sorry, I just don't get it.

Namaste

Why are you so sure that Jesus is not a Hindu figure?

Have you done extensive research on this topic?

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Namaste

Rather than asking me this question, since I have already stated I don't believe he existed, why don't you ask 100 Christians, maybe a poll on here.. "Was Jesus a Hindu?" That would be research.

nameless

The Creator
you know that jesus was tortured by some local guys, this fate is very uncommon to any hindu figure. Can u imagine same happening to krishna, hanuman or kali? still i would have respected him for the sake of mutual respect if christinas did the same to hindu figures.

Last edited:

Aum_425

Disciple
Man, this thread is awesome, great idea OP!

The Jesus is great, thank you for posting the sermon on the mount excerpt. I have been getting down with the Christ Consciousness lately :)

Here is Shiva and Shakti in their Ardanarishvara form <3<3<3<3<3<3

tumblr_m03bs0FIBW1qk2mrpo1_r1_500.jpg

So beautiful!