• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

You think fat is ugly?

Ciscokid

i can't imagine any guy liking these women in a sexual way. I mean having sex with them must be like having sex with a bag of golf clubs.

Bishka

Veteran Member
Unfortunatley this thread has turned into whether a picutre has been photoshopped or not.

There are really girls out there like that, that's what we should be focusing on.

Mathematician

Reason, and reason again
While what these girls go through is terrible, I think there needs to be more awareness given to males as well. Especially now I've seen some guys move away from bulk to thin, which isn't always bad, but can get out of hand. I think the cases of male eating disorders are way under reported.

ayani

*nods* a good friend of mine (a male) has been flirting with annorexia for years, and it disturbs me deeply. he is simply not happy with how he looks- he finds himself fat and un-lovable. the guy looks *fine*! in his country, the pressure for a man to be physically strong, sexually driven, and money-oriented doesn't help him, either. ai.

Cynic

RevOxley_501 said:
SOME of them are reall...that is an addendum to post 100

I'm betting that I can take a photo of an RF member and turn them anorexic. I haven't done something like that before, but I've done other complex things, like make people vanish from photographs using photoshop.

But, like CDRaider mentioned, we should start a new thread, as this will digress too far from the OP.

Djamila

Bosnjakinja
The two women in the photos you found the originals of, Cynic, still look too thin for their bodies in my opinion.

Ody

Ciscokid said:
i can't imagine any guy liking these women in a sexual way. I mean having sex with them must be like having sex with a bag of golf clubs.

That image you put in my head scared me ****less

I couldn't fathom making love to some one who looked they just got out of a horrible famine.

Bishka

Veteran Member
Pardus said:
Those walking skeletons are a sign of stupidity.

I'm not sure stupidty would be the right word. As I've mentioned time and time again, I've been in and out of mental hospitals and treatment programs.

Many of the people there were amazing brilliant, just got themselves into a mess.

To me, they aren't stupid, just mislead, and need of some mental/physical help.

zombieharlot

Some Kind of Strange
beckysoup61 said:
Unfortunatley this thread has turned into whether a picutre has been photoshopped or not.

There are really girls out there like that, that's what we should be focusing on.

Sorry, Becky, but I don't think so. In Draka's OP, it was stated, "Notice that these women are models. No wonder why we have eating disorders in this world huh?" In other words, she's pointing fingers at the fashion industry. And I'm going to stand by it and defend it. As I stated earlier, there are weight regulations for the models who participate in fashion shows, but apparently no one wants to take my word for it because I'm not going to school to get into this industry or anything.:sarcastic Cynic showed original photos to compare and contrast to what is now very evidently empirical as being photoshopped. But that doesn't stop the pointing of fingers that exercise naivety. People need to stop pointing fingers at everyone and everything else and start pointing at themselves. When it comes down to it, it is the environment that we are raised up in that builds on our self-image.

Pardus said:
Those walking skeletons are a sign of stupidity.

And I think this bold-faced statement is very ignorant. First of all, it should be stated as an opinion, not a fact. And second of all, you should elaborate more on where you are coming from with such statements. So please fill us in on the details to your statement that elude us.

Bishka

Veteran Member
zombieharlot said:
Sorry, Becky, but I don't think so. In Draka's OP, it was stated, "Notice that these women are models. No wonder why we have eating disorders in this world huh?" In other words, she's pointing fingers at the fashion industry. And I'm going to stand by it and defend it. As I stated earlier, there are weight regulations for the models who participate in fashion shows, but apparently no one wants to take my word for it because I'm not going to school to get into this industry or anything.:sarcastic Cynic showed original photos to compare and contrast to what is now very evidently empirical as being photoshopped. But that doesn't stop the pointing of fingers that exercise naivety. People need to stop pointing fingers at everyone and everything else and start pointing at themselves. When it comes down to it, it is the environment that we are raised up in that builds on our self-image.
I'll defintley take your word on the fashion industry. I know you know WAYYYYYY more then I do about that sort of thing. Sorry if I came across harsh at all. :sorry1:

zombieharlot

Some Kind of Strange
beckysoup61 said:
I'll defintley take your word on the fashion industry. I know you know WAYYYYYY more then I do about that sort of thing. Sorry if I came across harsh at all. :sorry1:

That all wasn't necessarily directed toward you. I basically felt the need to say all of that regardless. The only reason why I quoted you is because I wanted to make it clear that it was all relavent to the discussion.

Cynic

jmoum said:
Actually, faking anorexia isn't that hard, at least for me. Here is me sucking in my gut as hard as I could right before dinner. Of course, I had to adjust my arms just so to make them look as thin as possible, which was a little difficult believe it or not.
:Note: Even though this has not been photoshopped, I am nowhere near this skinny. I am in very good health, so don't worry. :D
Come on, you're making this way too easy :D
Try to look fat instead.

CDRaider

Sighs, yes ladies and gentleman... that is my boyfriend.

Rolls are reversed occasionally, JMoum is semi-anorexic and i have a beer belly without drinking beer. Sighs, we are Jack Sprat and Mrs Sprat.

EDIT:
I've been told that a bunch of people don't know that rhyme... well here you go.

Jack Sprat could eat no fat
His wife could eat no lean
So betwixt the two of them
They licked the platter clean

Pardus

Proud to be a Sinner.
beckysoup61 said:
Many of the people there were amazing brilliant, just got themselves into a mess.

So intelligent people can't make stupid mistakes?

Out of all the messages society gives you, you buy into the obviously unhealthy one?

Now i know the crap is everywhere and when told something constantly it takes an iron will not to believe it, but come on, when you stop menstrating because of your health that doesn't tell you something is wrong with your current approach?

I hate the media for what it does, in my country it crushes the self-esteem of the unemployed, thereby reducing their chances of getting a job, it doesn't point out how employers are not hiring anyone not close to perfect.

But in the case of anarexia, it also points out the dangers, not just the models these people want to be, it is being counter-programmed, therefore there is more free will.

Bishka

Veteran Member
Pardus said:
So intelligent people can't make stupid mistakes?

Out of all the messages society gives you, you buy into the obviously unhealthy one?

It's not obvious to them

Pardus said:
Now i know the crap is everywhere and when told something constantly it takes an iron will not to believe it, but come on, when you stop menstrating because of your health that doesn't tell you something is wrong with your current approach?

They don't see it. They don't understand the health detriments. Even if it's happening to them, thye will mentally block it out.

Most people here really wouldn't understand it, unless they've experienced it or seen it first-hand. It's frightening and extremley scary.

Cynic

n215902038_30569893_7066.jpg

Jmoum, go put some muscle on, like this:

Jmoum2.jpg

Pardus

Proud to be a Sinner.
beckysoup61 said:
It's not obvious to them

They don't see it. They don't understand the health detriments. Even if it's happening to them, thye will mentally block it out.

Most people here really wouldn't understand it, unless they've experienced it or seen it first-hand. It's frightening and extremley scary.

Then they are not intelligent people IMO.