• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

You think fat is ugly?

Bishka

Veteran Member
Bastet said:

That doesn't, of course, negate the fact that there are still real people out there who look like that.

I'm glad that you said that, I really am. I've been in discussions with people before and because some images were photoshopped, they deemed that it is impossible to look like this or that.

I can testify, I've seen it. I've seen girls, younger then 15 looking like this. :(

W

Withdrawnmist

WOCHA PEEPS !!!

As a person who like to demonstrate commitment and diligence I have come straight here to page nine and have not read the preceding 8 pages !!...LOL !

Soz !!...but just catching the last few posts it's clear you've all come to the conclusion that those photos are doctored.....very well done actually I thought !

Me just wish me could lose the weight as easy as photshop joy in real life (not as drastic) !!....not just for me but for wifey too................last time I saw a figure like wifeys....it was being milked !!!!!...LOL

No offense to cuddly peeps...I'm cuddly too !!!

lunamoth

Will to love
Becky, I believe anorexia can do this to people, sorry you felt you were being attacked. My point still is though that I think this is professional propaganda aimed at making a statement about the negative impact the beauty and modeling industry has on women. The juxtaposition of the ugly starving bodies in modeling positions is what makes me strongly suspect propaganda. In this case, I agree with the message the propaganda is trying to get across.

luna

W

Withdrawnmist

lunamoth said:
Becky, I believe anorexia can do this to people, sorry you felt you were being attacked. My point still is though that I think this is professional propaganda aimed at making a statement about the negative impact the beauty and modeling industry has on women. The juxtaposition of the ugly starving bodies in modeling positions is what makes me strongly suspect propaganda. In this case, I agree with the message the propaganda is trying to get across.

luna
Definitely Propganda !!..what else could it be ?...excellnt points !!

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
Bastet said:
I think the fact that those pics are on a stark white background, the women in them are familiar, famous faces, and we've got the 'before' and 'after' to compare them probably have something to do with them seeming less convincing. As for the ones in the OP - I'd say it's anyone's guess whether they've been manipulated or not. :shrug: There are obviously some talented if sick people out there capable of achieving it.
Well now that I've seen what's technically possible I am more inclined to believe that the pics were doctored, and that luna is right about the propoganda. Not that I don't think there are people who really look like that. But I'd like to think that the modeling industry doesn't really think that's attractive.

Also, I was looking at some pics online of some of the models who were deemed too skinny to work in Milan and they were nowhere near as skinny as the girls in the pics. They were rake thin but not disturbingly so. (Tho I bet Reubens would have thought they were disturbingly thin.)

That first pic tho, the one with the woman feeding another, there are no bones protruding, just some very thin arms. I can't help but think that's real.

Bishka

Veteran Member
Withdrawnmist said:
Definitely Propganda !!..what else could it be ?...excellnt points !!

What else could it be?

Have you ever seen someone like this? Yes, it may be propoganda to warn people about how wrong anorexia and bulima is, but there are girls that really look like that out there.

Draka

Wonder Woman
Regardless of if the photos are photoshopped or not, it still drives home a point. There was one more that I didn't post simply because of restraints on images and I thought there were enough up, but here's the last.

skinny4.jpg

W

Withdrawnmist

Are there any other applications besides photoshop that could do this ?

Windows Paint for instance ?...LOL

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
I think Draka's making a great point. (I apologise for my own contribution to dragging us off topic!) There are some women out there that are desperately ill for the sake of what they believe is beautiful. (Or what they percieve as the right weight for them to be.)

Buttercup

Veteran Member
Feathers in Hair said:
I think Draka's making a great point. (I apologise for my own contribution to dragging us off topic!) There are some women out there that are desperately ill for the sake of what they believe is beautiful. (Or what they percieve as the right weight for them to be.)
Oh for sure.....and I think every one would agree with this point. :)

zombieharlot

Some Kind of Strange
I'm convinced that these photos aren't real. Especially if we're talking about fashion. There are weight regulations for different body types because it can be harmful to a model's health to put her under all of the stress of a runway show if she is underweight. And you have to understand that most of the girls that do runway shows are coming from another universe. Most of them are about 17 years old and around six feet tall. They still have yet to grow into their bodies fully. I personally believe these photos to be a mockery of these people.

Cynic

zombieharlot said:
I'm convinced that these photos aren't real. Especially if we're talking about fashion. There are weight regulations for different body types because it can be harmful to a model's health to put her under all of the stress of a runway show if she is underweight. And you have to understand that most of the girls that do runway shows are coming from another universe. Most of them are about 17 years old and around six feet tall. They still have yet to grow into their bodies fully. I personally believe these photos to be a mockery of these people.

Not to mention, they are severely emaciated. They couldn't survive very long being that severely emaciated. I'd be suprised if these photos weren't photoshopped and nobody rushed them to the hosptial.

RevOxley_501

as a person that sees alot of photoshop--im gonna say these things are real---disturbingly real--but real...if they were photoshopped the changes made were MINUTE enough that you cant tell.

my personal--slighly informed opinion.

Bishka

Veteran Member
zombieharlot said:
I'm convinced that these photos aren't real..

If we are talking about fashion, perhaps not, but I have seen girls that look like this with my own eyes. It's real.

Cynic

original1.jpg

I found this pick by typing "photoshopped" in google's image search engine.

It's hard to tell whether or not a pic is photoshopped if you don't zoom up to the areas that had been photoshopped.

I also use photoshop, btw.

Found another pic:

original2.jpg

psgirl.jpg

CDRaider

jmoum said:
That's not human. That can't be human. They should be dying of organ failures left and right. That's just not possible. How the heck? Seriously, how the heck?

Makes me glad I'm healthy. Next time people tell me I'm too thin (which I'm not by the way, I'm lean, there's a difference), I'll show them this thread.

Yes you are too thin! BUT... wow, I can't beleive that. I am just.... wow... I'm speechless.

I can't believe that. I just want to cry when I see stuff like that. I mean thats an extreme but the models are so skinny that it puts so much pressure on kids.

I jsut... wow... i cant... wow

CDRaider

Cynic said:
I found this pick by typing "photoshopped" in google's image search engine.

It's hard to tell whether or not a pic is photoshopped if you don't zoom up to the areas that had been photoshopped.

I also use photoshop, btw.

Found another pic:

OH thank you...

this is the topic of a new thread (mmm..i might just start it) but its getting upsetting that we can't trust hardely anything... photo shop has made pictures hard to believe.