• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

You think fat is ugly?

Draka

Wonder Woman
I got this in an email. Jaw dropping stuff. Notice that these women are models. No wonder why we have eating disorders in this world huh?

If you have teenage granddaughters or daughters this may be something they should see. It's VERY SICK...

You think fat is ugly???

Check this out.

ShowLetter.jpg

skinny.jpg

skinny2.jpg

skinny3.jpg

more to come

Djamila

Bosnjakinja
Draka, please download the photos onto your computer, and then upload them using a file hosting site like tinypic.

http://www.tinypic.com

You just upload the photo and it will give you a link, and then you can post them here. We can't sign into your email, where the links are currently pointing right now. :D

Ody

Welcome to Yahoo!
Enjoy all the benefits of Yahoo!.

• Stay in touch with free Mail and Messenger.
  • Protect your PC with free Anti-Spy and Pop-Up Blocker.
  • Get weather forecasts and current conditions for your area.
  • Tune in to the latest in music, entertainment, and sports.
Get all the best with one Yahoo! ID.

Your Yahoo! ID gives you access to powerful communications tools like mail and instant messaging, security features like email AntiVirus and Pop-Up Blocker, and favorites like online photos and music — all for free.

same here..

Comet

Harvey Wallbanger
All I know is skinny can be ugly and so can fat. Yet, the ugliest thing of all is attitude!!!!

I'd take a 50# gal or a 400# gal over a eye-pleasing woman with a bad attitude!!! :pen:

Booko

Deviled Hen
I've seen people suffering from famine who looked better than that. :cover:

Why would anyone think that's "beautiful" or want to hire a skeleton as a model?

:confused:

If my daughter looked like that -- I've have her hospitalized.

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
Are those real or photoshopped?

Either way...I truly feel for anyone who would allow themselves to become so ill.

Draka

Wonder Woman
beckysoup61 said:
How is that fashionable?

That's exactly what I wonder. Like I said, these women are models. They are suppose to represent what is attractive and fashionable. Is it any wonder that girls as young as 12 and 13 develop eating disorders?

Booko

Deviled Hen
Draka said:
That's exactly what I wonder. Like I said, these women are models. They are suppose to represent what is attractive and fashionable. Is it any wonder that girls as young as 12 and 13 develop eating disorders?

It's a real problem in the dance crowd at the studio my daughter dances at. Dance seems to bring out any anorexic tendencies...dunno why.

There are a couple of girls there that are so thin I'd think they were borderline malnutrition, or maybe even over the line. They aren't growing properly and aren't developing as they should for the age they are.

I'm sure they have no idea how sick they're making themselves over the long run. When they hit their mid-30s or 40s, they'll figure it out, but the damage is hard to repair then.

Ody

Draka said:
. Is it any wonder that girls as young as 12 and 13 develop eating disorders?

And obesity is sky rocketing, America just needs to get real :monkey:

Draka

Wonder Woman
Well, striving for images like these can cause obesity as well. There are some girls that are so distraught that they will never be skinny that they just keep eating. Giving up on having the "perfect" body.

But yes, obesity is for another thread.

evearael

Scary and disgusting. I just don't understand how someone could aspire to look like they walked out of Auchwitz. I don't understand how anyone could encourage/support/enable such a sad level of illness and self-abuse. Curves are beautiful... don't be afraid of them. We really need to work harder to lift the self image of teenagers (yes, guys fall into this too!) so they won't resort to this terribly distructive behavior.

I had a small bout of anorexia when I was a teenager in the midst of all the rape and sexual abuse. My normal back then (which was still to skinny for me) was 117 and I dropped to 109. I just wanted to disappear. You could see the outlines of bones, but it wasn't anywhere near as bad as these models (thank goodness). Now, I consider my healthy (nonpregnant) weight to be 127 and get worried if I drop lower... I'm afraid to slip back into old habits.

This is why I will never buy my daughter a Barbie...

Buttercup

Veteran Member
Draka,

Where did you find these photos? I bet these are not American women for one thing and I heard that France (?) was not going to allow these anorexic models to work.

These women are DESPERATELY ill.