• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

You Stay Classy, Iraq

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
In what has to be a surprise to no one, Iraqi militias are enforcing their will against homosexuals through death.

On the other hand, we can now see that just because they are ignorant homophobes, that doesn't mean that they don't have vivid imaginations:
Think Progress » Iraqi militias gluing anuses of gay men and inducing diarrhea to cause death.

We can only hope that the Iraqi leaders are themselves, exposed in a sex scandal that would require such fair and just sentencing.

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
I look at it as pretty damning of the entire religion of Islam. Just as one would expect a good Muslim to renounce the actions of the extremists on 9/11, I would expect the same in this instance.

If I am wrong, I hope that one of our Islamic friends on this site will educate me, and show me that Islam does not condone such barbaric actions.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink. "Water" being democracy and decency, and "horse" being religious savages.

Oh, but when the Zionists savagely murder millions of innocent children and handicapped grandmothers you don't say a word. This story is nothing but a smear campaign perpetrated by the conspiracy of the western media to try to make Islam look bad in order to try to stop the flow of the hundreds of millions of Christians who have converted to Islam this week.

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
I can't help but think that there is where the belief that homosexuality is wrong and that homosexuals should be treated as second-class citizens can lead.

Zephyr

Moved on
Welp, at least they weren't apostate homosexuals. I wonder what would happen then.

Seriously though, this is barbaric. It only gets worse considering the methods of execution. To think, before we came in there was at least some stability.

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
Now that's pretty extreme.

Stalin makes atheism look pretty damn evil.

Please don't misunderstand me, angellous. I think I can poll 5 million atheists, and the EXTREME majority would be more than happy to denounce the actions of Josef Stalin.

I am asking our Muslim members if they agree with the actions of the Iraqi militias (based on their religious beliefs), or if they denounce such actions.

linwood

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink. "Water" being democracy and decency, and "horse" being religious savages.

Actually FH we didn`t lead them to democracy.

We led them to theocracy.

Have you read the Iraqi constitution drawn up after our invasion?
The entire thing reads like the foundation of a religious organization from beginning to end.

Every right enshrined within it is subject to interpretation through the Koran.

The beginning of the preamble...

In the name of God, the most merciful, the most compassionate
We have honored the sons of Adam.
We are the people of the land between two rivers, the homeland of the apostles and prophets, abode of the virtuous imams, pioneers of civilization, crafters of writing and cradle of numeration. Upon our land the first law made by man was passed, the most ancient just pact for homelands policy was inscribed, and upon our soil, companions of the Prophet and saints prayed, philosophers and scientists theorized and writers and poets excelled.
The very first real article (The first article simply states that Iraq is a democratic republic)...

Article 2:
First: Islam is the official religion of the State and it is a fundamental source of legislation:
A. No law that contradicts the established provisions of Islam may be established.
B. No law that contradicts the principles of democracy may be established.
C. No law that contradicts the rights and basic freedoms stipulated in this constitution may be established.
Second: This Constitution guarantees the Islamic identity of the majority of the Iraqi people and guarantees the full religious rights of all individuals to freedom of religious belief and practice such as Christians, Yazedis, and Mandi Sabeans.
Don`t you love the inherent contradiction between clause A and clause B?

Read it, it`s not long and it`s good for a laugh.
They at least get universal health care (as long as it`s ok with Allah).

Full Text of Iraqi Constitution

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
Actually FH we didn`t lead them to democracy.

We led them to theocracy.

Well, if you'll remember correctly, the war wasn't about oil, money, or regional power. We HAD to get those WMD's out of there - and quick. At any moment, that tyrant was ready to launch a nuclear attack (remember the warning sign that would come in the form of a mushroom cloud?).

For Pete's sake man, Saddam Hussein was mistreating his own people. Killing them, torturing them. You know - doing things like gluing their anu ... Never mind. That's what's happening now.