• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

You do not need to be muslim to go to heaven

Viker

Häxan
I guess there's some truth in what you're saying. I've been to heaven and hell without ever dying. I've came to and from all in and out of both with keeping my feet on the earth much of the time. Heaven is alright but overrated. Hell ain't so bad after a while. In hell there's always the option to start a fire. Just for a little light in the dark.

(I don't know why. But I imagined this post being narrated by Morgan Freeman.)

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I guess there's some truth in what you're saying. I've been to heaven and hell without ever dying. I've came to and from all in and out of both with keeping my feet on the earth much of the time. Heaven is alright but overrated. Hell ain't so bad after a while. In hell there's always the option to start a fire. Just for a little light in the dark.

(I don't know why. But I imagined this post being narrated by Morgan Freeman.)
I wasn't laughing at your post, but after reading the last sentence, I went back and read it in Morgan Freeman's voice.

soulsurvivor

Premium Member
Funnily enough, I was browsing the more "esoteric" subreddits not too long ago and I stumbled upon an old post by someone who claimed to have astral projected into a city in the astral world mostly populated by human souls. They claimed the city was filled with restaurants, shops, brothels, strip clubs and places of public debauchery. Since in the astral you can indulge all your base passions without any of the consequences of the physical, it's what most people end up doing before they face an eventual reincarnation back to the physical world.

I'm always sceptical of such claims. They could be larping for all I know. But it's just interesting that you would paint a similar picture of the astral that I saw painted on Reddit not all that long ago.
The astral world is the same as the Christian purgatory. It is a place where everyone gets a chance to purge themselves of all human desires, passions, cravings and addictions. So, if you are addicted to sex, you will get the possibility to have enough of it to make you sick of it. Of course, all the wine and food and sex are not that satisfying since you don't have a physical body. Once you have cleansed yourself of your cravings/addictions then you can move on to the real heaven. Depending on the person, purgatory can be pleasant, scary, painful, disgusting, boring etc, it is just something we all have to endure to purify ourselves.

InvestigateTruth

Salam

وَإِذَا بُشِّرَ أَحَدُهُمْ بِمَا ضَرَبَ لِلرَّحْمَٰنِ مَثَلًا ظَلَّ وَجْهُهُ مُسْوَدًّا وَهُوَ كَظِيمٌ | When one of them is brought the news of what he ascribes to the All-beneficent, his face becomes darkened and he chokes with suppressed rage, [and says] | Az-Zukhruf : 17

I brought this verse, to show, that Quran deals with local and that time as well as have universal application.

In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful. . The hour drew nigh and the moon did rend asunder. 1And if they see a miracle they turn aside and say: Transient magic. 2And they call (it) a lie, and follow their low desires; and every affair has its appointed term. 3And certainly some narratives have come to them wherein is prevention-- 4Consummate wisdom-- but warnings do not avail; 5So turn (your) back on them (for) the day when the inviter shall invite them to a hard task, 6Their eyes cast down, going forth from their graves as if they were scattered locusts, 7

Miracles were consistently shown, and so I believe the verses you quote has to be seen in this context.

At that point, a Deist or polytheist believing in God, but rejecting Messengers, is lying to himself and is a disbeliever.

There are some hadiths here about the neither disbelievers nor believers: Non-haters will enter paradise.

How from the context of the verses that I quoted (see my previous post) you could tell, those verses are for the people who locally witnessed the Miracles, but the verses in OP is for those who did not see the miracles (thus, God admits them to heaven even if they did not believe in Muhammad)?

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
How from the context of the verses that I quoted (see my previous post) you could tell, those verses are for the people who locally witnessed the Miracles, but the verses in OP is for those who did not see the miracles (thus, God admits them to heaven even if they did not believe in Muhammad)?
Salam

The same chapter (4th, Al-Nisa) has the concept of those who are seeking God and the Messenger, but death comes to them, and also those who are without power for a way towards truth or rejection. So the context is within the Surah.

And you can be a disbeliever, not witnessing miracles, it's when you turn away from truth and don't care for it at all. If you looked at the second threat I linked, it's obvious there is a condition that people have to be seekers of truth, act on morality to some degree, etc.

Also, Quran says "it is alike whether you warn them or no do not warn them, they will not believe". Does it make sense to say non-Muslims or a person who hears about Mohammad (s) but hears all sorts of bad things regarding him and misconceptions, if he learns the truth and is warned in truest sense, won't come to Islam?

It's referring to those who became stubborn:

وَجَحَدُوا بِهَا وَاسْتَيْقَنَتْهَا أَنْفُسُهُمْ ظُلْمًا وَعُلُوًّا ۚ فَانْظُرْ كَيْفَ كَانَ عَاقِبَةُ الْمُفْسِدِينَ | They impugned them, wrongfully and out of arrogance, though they were certain of them in their souls. So observe how the fate of the agents of corruption was! | An-Naml : 14

And said else where, regarding sending "signs" to convince them Mohammad (s) is the truth:

وَأَقْسَمُوا بِاللَّهِ جَهْدَ أَيْمَانِهِمْ لَئِنْ جَاءَتْهُمْ آيَةٌ لَيُؤْمِنُنَّ بِهَا ۚ قُلْ إِنَّمَا الْآيَاتُ عِنْدَ اللَّهِ ۖ وَمَا يُشْعِرُكُمْ أَنَّهَا إِذَا جَاءَتْ لَا يُؤْمِنُونَ | They swear by Allah with solemn oaths that were a sign to come to them they would surely believe in it. Say, ‘These signs are only from Allah,’ and what will bring home to you that they will not believe even if they came? | Al-An'aam : 109

وَنُقَلِّبُ أَفْئِدَتَهُمْ وَأَبْصَارَهُمْ كَمَا لَمْ يُؤْمِنُوا بِهِ أَوَّلَ مَرَّةٍ وَنَذَرُهُمْ فِي طُغْيَانِهِمْ يَعْمَهُونَ | We transform their hearts and their visions as they did not believe in it the first time, and We leave them bewildered in their rebellion. | Al-An'aam : 110

The disbelievers kept up saying God can send proof to convince them, a sufficient sign, no miracle would convince the, but they insisted there is a type that can. With this dialogue, came what are Angels, since they said, he can send Angels. With that also came the concept of the day of judgment which is when 8 type of signs will be shown and people will accept it then but part of it is that disbelievers will not be allowed to dispute, and have to listen.

Angels reality is related to sky reality, and that is related to one of the type proofs day of judgment will come with and God says:

وَلَوْ فَتَحْنَا عَلَيْهِمْ بَابًا مِنَ السَّمَاءِ فَظَلُّوا فِيهِ يَعْرُجُونَ | And were We to open for them a gate of the sky, so that they could go on ascending through it, | Al-Hijr : 14

لَقَالُوا إِنَّمَا سُكِّرَتْ أَبْصَارُنَا بَلْ نَحْنُ قَوْمٌ مَسْحُورُونَ | they would surely say, ‘Indeed our vision has been intoxicated; nay, we are a bewitched lot.’ | Al-Hijr : 15

وَلَقَدْ جَعَلْنَا فِي السَّمَاءِ بُرُوجًا وَزَيَّنَّاهَا لِلنَّاظِرِينَ | Certainly We have appointed structs in the sky and adorned it for the onlookers, | Al-Hijr : 16

وَحَفِظْنَاهَا مِنْ كُلِّ شَيْطَانٍ رَجِيمٍ | and We have guarded it from every outcast Satan, | Al-Hijr : 17

So the spiritual realm (higher realm, there also misleading realms by misguided jinn) which would prove Mohammad (s) is meant to be looked at, but we see people might be harmed into further rebellion, and said to Mohammad (s) to connect whoever he can to this reality:

وَإِنْ كَانَ كَبُرَ عَلَيْكَ إِعْرَاضُهُمْ فَإِنِ اسْتَطَعْتَ أَنْ تَبْتَغِيَ نَفَقًا فِي الْأَرْضِ أَوْ سُلَّمًا فِي السَّمَاءِ فَتَأْتِيَهُمْ بِآيَةٍ ۚ وَلَوْ شَاءَ اللَّهُ لَجَمَعَهُمْ عَلَى الْهُدَىٰ ۚ فَلَا تَكُونَنَّ مِنَ الْجَاهِلِينَ | And should their aversion be hard on you, find, if you can, a tunnel into the ground, or a ladder into sky, that you may bring them a sign. Had Allah wished, He would have brought them together on guidance. So do not be one of the ignorant. | Al-An'aam : 35

But is this the case for every non-Muslim? Every non-Muslim is this stubborn?

There is even people who are guided by light of Mohammad (s) before even knowing it's Mohammad (s).

InvestigateTruth

Salam

The same chapter (4th, Al-Nisa) has the concept of those who are seeking God and the Messenger, but death comes to them, and also those who are without power for a way towards truth or rejection. So the context is within the Surah.

And you can be a disbeliever, not witnessing miracles, it's when you turn away from truth and don't care for it at all. If you looked at the second threat I linked, it's obvious there is a condition that people have to be seekers of truth, act on morality to some degree, etc.

Also, Quran says "it is alike whether you warn them or no do not warn them, they will not believe". Does it make sense to say non-Muslims or a person who hears about Mohammad (s) but hears all sorts of bad things regarding him and misconceptions, if he learns the truth and is warned in truest sense, won't come to Islam?

It's referring to those who became stubborn:

وَجَحَدُوا بِهَا وَاسْتَيْقَنَتْهَا أَنْفُسُهُمْ ظُلْمًا وَعُلُوًّا ۚ فَانْظُرْ كَيْفَ كَانَ عَاقِبَةُ الْمُفْسِدِينَ | They impugned them, wrongfully and out of arrogance, though they were certain of them in their souls. So observe how the fate of the agents of corruption was! | An-Naml : 14

And said else where, regarding sending "signs" to convince them Mohammad (s) is the truth:

وَأَقْسَمُوا بِاللَّهِ جَهْدَ أَيْمَانِهِمْ لَئِنْ جَاءَتْهُمْ آيَةٌ لَيُؤْمِنُنَّ بِهَا ۚ قُلْ إِنَّمَا الْآيَاتُ عِنْدَ اللَّهِ ۖ وَمَا يُشْعِرُكُمْ أَنَّهَا إِذَا جَاءَتْ لَا يُؤْمِنُونَ | They swear by Allah with solemn oaths that were a sign to come to them they would surely believe in it. Say, ‘These signs are only from Allah,’ and what will bring home to you that they will not believe even if they came? | Al-An'aam : 109

وَنُقَلِّبُ أَفْئِدَتَهُمْ وَأَبْصَارَهُمْ كَمَا لَمْ يُؤْمِنُوا بِهِ أَوَّلَ مَرَّةٍ وَنَذَرُهُمْ فِي طُغْيَانِهِمْ يَعْمَهُونَ | We transform their hearts and their visions as they did not believe in it the first time, and We leave them bewildered in their rebellion. | Al-An'aam : 110

The disbelievers kept up saying God can send proof to convince them, a sufficient sign, no miracle would convince the, but they insisted there is a type that can. With this dialogue, came what are Angels, since they said, he can send Angels. With that also came the concept of the day of judgment which is when 8 type of signs will be shown and people will accept it then but part of it is that disbelievers will not be allowed to dispute, and have to listen.

Angels reality is related to sky reality, and that is related to one of the type proofs day of judgment will come with and God says:

وَلَوْ فَتَحْنَا عَلَيْهِمْ بَابًا مِنَ السَّمَاءِ فَظَلُّوا فِيهِ يَعْرُجُونَ | And were We to open for them a gate of the sky, so that they could go on ascending through it, | Al-Hijr : 14

لَقَالُوا إِنَّمَا سُكِّرَتْ أَبْصَارُنَا بَلْ نَحْنُ قَوْمٌ مَسْحُورُونَ | they would surely say, ‘Indeed our vision has been intoxicated; nay, we are a bewitched lot.’ | Al-Hijr : 15

وَلَقَدْ جَعَلْنَا فِي السَّمَاءِ بُرُوجًا وَزَيَّنَّاهَا لِلنَّاظِرِينَ | Certainly We have appointed structs in the sky and adorned it for the onlookers, | Al-Hijr : 16

وَحَفِظْنَاهَا مِنْ كُلِّ شَيْطَانٍ رَجِيمٍ | and We have guarded it from every outcast Satan, | Al-Hijr : 17

So the spiritual realm (higher realm, there also misleading realms by misguided jinn) which would prove Mohammad (s) is meant to be looked at, but we see people might be harmed into further rebellion, and said to Mohammad (s) to connect whoever he can to this reality:

وَإِنْ كَانَ كَبُرَ عَلَيْكَ إِعْرَاضُهُمْ فَإِنِ اسْتَطَعْتَ أَنْ تَبْتَغِيَ نَفَقًا فِي الْأَرْضِ أَوْ سُلَّمًا فِي السَّمَاءِ فَتَأْتِيَهُمْ بِآيَةٍ ۚ وَلَوْ شَاءَ اللَّهُ لَجَمَعَهُمْ عَلَى الْهُدَىٰ ۚ فَلَا تَكُونَنَّ مِنَ الْجَاهِلِينَ | And should their aversion be hard on you, find, if you can, a tunnel into the ground, or a ladder into sky, that you may bring them a sign. Had Allah wished, He would have brought them together on guidance. So do not be one of the ignorant. | Al-An'aam : 35

But is this the case for every non-Muslim? Every non-Muslim is this stubborn?

There is even people who are guided by light of Mohammad (s) before even knowing it's Mohammad (s).

But look at these verses. It is plain and simple. It says, if they do not believe in the Quran, they go to Hell:

3:3 He has sent down upon you, [O Muhammad], the Book in truth, confirming what was before it. And He revealed the Torah and the Gospel
3:4 Before, as guidance for the people. And He revealed the Qur'an. Indeed, those who disbelieve in the verses of Allah will have a severe punishment, and Allah is exalted in Might, the Owner of Retribution

And also, see the verse 5:10 for example:

وَٱلَّذِینَ كَفَرُوا۟ وَكَذَّبُوا۟ بِءَایَـٰتِنَاۤ أُو۟لَـٰۤىِٕكَ أَصۡحَـٰبُ ٱلۡجَحِیمِ

"And they who disbelieve and deny Our revelations, such are rightful owners of hell"

If you look at the context, it has nothing to do with stubbornness. It is very plain. It says, if they deny our Revelations, and say these are lies, they are in Hell.

In practice, all who do not believe in Revelations of God, including, Jews, Christians, believe the Book is a Lie!

Now, back to the question again. How come, in the verse quoted in OP, it says, the Jews and Christians, as long as believe in God and Day of Resurrection, they will be awarded?

Hint: substitute "believing in the Day of Resurrection" with "believing in the Qaim when He rises!"
See if that works.

Treasure Hunter

Which heaven are you talking about? The fallen heaven of the past from where we all descended under the promise of a new heaven?

You’re right, people of all types who do not enter into new life will return to that fallen heaven.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
But look at these verses. It is plain and simple. It says, if they do not believe in the Quran, they go to Hell:

3:3 He has sent down upon you, [O Muhammad], the Book in truth, confirming what was before it. And He revealed the Torah and the Gospel
3:4 Before, as guidance for the people. And He revealed the Qur'an. Indeed, those who disbelieve in the verses of Allah will have a severe punishment, and Allah is exalted in Might, the Owner of Retribution

And also, see the verse 5:10 for example:

وَٱلَّذِینَ كَفَرُوا۟ وَكَذَّبُوا۟ بِءَایَـٰتِنَاۤ أُو۟لَـٰۤىِٕكَ أَصۡحَـٰبُ ٱلۡجَحِیمِ

"And they who disbelieve and deny Our revelations, such are rightful owners of hell"

If you look at the context, it has nothing to do with stubbornness. It is very plain. It says, if they deny our Revelations, and say these are lies, they are in Hell.

In practice, all who do not believe in Revelations of God, including, Jews, Christians, believe the Book is a Lie!

Now, back to the question again. How come, in the verse quoted in OP, it says, the Jews and Christians, as long as believe in God and Day of Resurrection, they will be awarded?

Hint: substitute "believing in the Day of Resurrection" with "believing in the Qaim when He rises!"
See if that works.

Just a translation thing it says signs not revelations or verses. Quran is a book of signs, but it doesn't mean a person is rejecting it's signs just by denying it by mouth. You are doing what our friend @stevecanuck is doing. Isolating verses away from the context.

There is two ways to see disbelief in signs. One is that even without signs presented to the soul of the person, he says I don't believe so and so is a Messenger, and that is disbelief in the signs or that Messenger.

However, you will not find that complete sentence. Instead you find:

إِنَّ الَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا وَصَدُّوا عَنْ سَبِيلِ اللَّهِ وَشَاقُّوا الرَّسُولَ مِنْ بَعْدِ مَا تَبَيَّنَ لَهُمُ الْهُدَىٰ لَنْ يَضُرُّوا اللَّهَ شَيْئًا وَسَيُحْبِطُ أَعْمَالَهُمْ | Indeed those who are faithless and bar from the way of Allah and defy the Apostle after guidance has become clear to them, they will not hurt Allah in the least, and He shall make their works fail. | Muhammad : 32

The hadiths say if a person neither acknowledges nor denies the truth, he cannot be seen as a disbeliever. If they deny a book from God without knowledge, that is condemned too in the following verse:

The hadiths clarify:

5ـ عَنْهُ عَنْ أَحْمَدَ بْنِ مُحَمَّدٍ عَنِ الْحُسَيْنِ بْنِ سَعِيدٍ عَنْ فَضَالَةَ بْنِ أَيُّوبَ عَنْ عُمَرَ بْنِ أَبَانٍ قَالَ سَأَلْتُ أَبَا عَبْدِ الله (عَلَيهِ السَّلام) عَنِ الْمُسْتَضْعَفِينَ فَقَالَ هُمْ أَهْلُ الْوَلايَةِ فَقُلْتُ أَيُّ وَلايَةٍ فَقَالَ أَمَا إِنَّهَا لَيْسَتْ بِالْوَلايَةِ فِي الدِّينِ وَلَكِنَّهَا الْوَلايَةُ فِي الْمُنَاكَحَةِ وَالْمُوَارَثَةِ وَالْمُخَالَطَةِ وَهُمْ لَيْسُوا بِالْمُؤْمِنِينَ وَلا بِالْكُفَّارِ وَمِنْهُمُ الْمُرْجَوْنَ لأمْرِ الله عَزَّ وَجَلَّ.

5. It is narrated from him (narrator of the Hadith above) from Ahmad ibn Muhammad from al-Husayn ibn Sa’id from Fudalah ibn Ayyub from ‘Umar ibn Aban who has said the following: “Once I asked Abu ‘Abdillah (a.s.) about the feeble-minded people. The Imam said, ‘They are the people under guardianship.’ I then asked, ‘What kind of guardianship is it?’ The Imam said, ‘It is not a religious guardianship. It is guardianship in marriages, inheritance and social affairs. They are neither believers nor unbelievers. There are those among them for whom one may hope in the command of Allah, the Most Majestic, the Most Holy.’”

Al-Kāfi - Volume 2, The Feeble-minded People, Hadith #5

6ـ الْحُسَيْنُ بْنُ مُحَمَّدٍ عَنْ مُعَلَّى بْنِ مُحَمَّدٍ عَنِ الْوَشَّاءِ عَنْ مُثَنًّى عَنْ إِسْمَاعِيلَ الْجُعْفِيِّ قَالَ سَأَلْتُ أَبَا جَعْفَرٍ (عَلَيهِ السَّلام) عَنِ الدِّينِ الَّذِي لا يَسَعُ الْعِبَادَ جَهْلُهُ فَقَالَ الدِّينُ وَاسِعٌ وَلَكِنَّ الْخَوَارِجَ ضَيَّقُوا عَلَى أَنْفُسِهِمْ مِنْ جَهْلِهِمْ قُلْتُ جُعِلْتُ فِدَاكَ فَأُحَدِّثُكَ بِدِينِيَ الَّذِي أَنَا عَلَيْهِ فَقَالَ بَلَى فَقُلْتُ أَشْهَدُ أَنْ لا إِلَهَ إِلا الله وَأَشْهَدُ أَنَّ مُحَمَّداً عَبْدُهُ وَرَسُولُهُ وَالإقْرَارَ بِمَا جَاءَ مِنْ عِنْدِ الله وَأَتَوَلاكُمْ وَأَبْرَأُ مِنْ عَدُوِّكُمْ وَمَنْ رَكِبَ رِقَابَكُمْ وَتَأَمَّرَ عَلَيْكُمْ وَظَلَمَكُمْ حَقَّكُمْ فَقَالَ مَا جَهِلْتَ شَيْئاً هُوَ وَالله الَّذِي نَحْنُ عَلَيْهِ قُلْتُ فَهَلْ سَلِمَ أَحَدٌ لا يَعْرِفُ هَذَا الأمْرَ فَقَالَ لا إِلا الْمُسْتَضْعَفِينَ قُلْتُ مَنْ هُمْ قَالَ نِسَاؤُكُمْ وَأَوْلادُكُمْ ثُمَّ قَالَ أَ رَأَيْتَ أُمَّ أَيْمَنَ فَإِنِّي أَشْهَدُ أَنَّهَا مِنْ أَهْلِ الْجَنَّةِ وَمَا كَانَتْ تَعْرِفُ مَا أَنْتُمْ عَلَيْهِ.

6. Al-Husayn ibn Muhammad has narrated from Mu’alla ibn Muhammad from al- Washsha’ from Muthanna from Isma’il al-Ju’fi who has said the following: “Once I asked abu Ja’far (a.s.) about how much religious knowledge people must have. The Imam said, ‘Religion is vast but the Khawarij (those who turned against Amir al-Mu’minin, Ali ibn abu Talib (a.s.)) group has narrowed it down upon themselves due to their ignorance.’ I asked, ‘May Allah keep my soul in service for your cause, can I tell you what kind of religion I believe in?’ The Imam said, ‘Yes, you may do so.’ I said, ‘I testify that no one deserves to be worshipped except Allah and I testify that Muhammad is His servant and messenger. I affirm to whatever he has brought from Allah. I love you {AM al-Bayt) and disavow your enemies and those who have suppressed you, kept (unjust) control over you and who have usurped your rights.’ The Imam said, ‘You are not ignorant of anything. This, by Allah is what we follow.’ I asked, ‘Is one who does not know this (cause) safe?’ The Imam said, ‘No, except the feeble- minded people.’ I asked, ‘Who are they?’ The Imam said, ‘Your women and children.’ Then he said, ‘Consider ‘Umm ‘Ayman. I testify that she is of the people of paradise, but she did not know what you believe.’”

Al-Kāfi - Volume 2, The Feeble-minded People, Hadith #6

11ـ عِدَّةٌ مِنْ أَصْحَابِنَا عَنْ سَهْلِ بْنِ زِيَادٍ عَنْ إِسْمَاعِيلَ بْنِ مِهْرَانَ عَنْ مُحَمَّدِ بْنِ مَنْصُورٍ الْخُزَاعِيِّ عَنْ عَلِيِّ بْنِ سُوَيْدٍ عَنْ أَبِي الْحَسَنِ مُوسَى (عَلَيهِ السَّلام) قَالَ سَأَلْتُهُ عَنِ الضُّعَفَاءِ فَكَتَبَ إِلَيَّ الضَّعِيفُ مَنْ لَمْ تُرْفَعْ إِلَيْهِ حُجَّةٌ وَلَمْ يَعْرِفِ الإخْتِلافَ فَإِذَا عَرَفَ الإخْتِلافَ فَلَيْسَ بِمُسْتَضْعَفٍ.

11. A number of our people have narrated from Sahl ibn Ziyad from Isma’il ibn Mehran from Muhammad ibn Mansur al-Khuza’i from Ali ibn Suwayd who has said the following: “Once I asked abu al-Hassan Musa (a.s.) about the feeble-minded people and he wrote to me, ‘A feeble-minded is one to whom evidence and proof is not (or cannot be) presented and he does not know the differences among people. If he knows the differences among people he is not an enfeeble person.’”

Al-Kāfi - Volume 2, The Feeble-minded People, Hadith #11

1ـ مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ يَحْيَى عَنْ أَحْمَدَ بْنِ مُحَمَّدٍ عَنِ ابْنِ فَضَّالٍ عَنِ ابْنِ بُكَيْرٍ وَعَلِيُّ بْنُ إِبْرَاهِيمَ عَنْ مُحَمَّدِ بْنِ عِيسَى عَنْ يُونُسَ عَنْ رَجُلٍ جَمِيعاً عَنْ زُرَارَةَ قَالَ قَالَ لِي أَبُو جَعْفَرٍ (عَلَيهِ السَّلام) مَا تَقُولُ فِي أَصْحَابِ الأعْرَافِ فَقُلْتُ مَا هُمْ إِلا مُؤْمِنُونَ أَوْ كَافِرُونَ إِنْ دَخَلُوا الْجَنَّةَ فَهُمْ مُؤْمِنُونَ وَإِنْ دَخَلُوا النَّارَ فَهُمْ كَافِرُونَ فَقَالَ وَالله مَا هُمْ بِمُؤْمِنِينَ وَلا كَافِرِينَ وَلَوْ كَانُوا مُؤْمِنِينَ دَخَلُوا الْجَنَّةَ كَمَا دَخَلَهَا الْمُؤْمِنُونَ وَلَوْ كَانُوا كَافِرِينَ لَدَخَلُوا النَّارَ كَمَا دَخَلَهَا الْكَافِرُونَ وَلَكِنَّهُمْ قَوْمٌ اسْتَوَتْ حَسَنَاتُهُمْ وَسَيِّئَاتُهُمْ فَقَصُرَتْ بِهِمُ الأعْمَالُ وَإِنَّهُمْ لَكَمَا قَالَ الله عَزَّ وَجَلَّ فَقُلْتُ أَ مِنْ أَهْلِ الْجَنَّةِ هُمْ أَوْ مِنْ أَهْلِ النَّارِ فَقَالَ اتْرُكْهُمْ حَيْثُ تَرَكَهُمُ الله قُلْتُ أَ فَتُرْجِئُهُمْ قَالَ نَعَمْ أُرْجِئُهُمْ كَمَا أَرْجَأَهُمُ الله إِنْ شَاءَ أَدْخَلَهُمُ الْجَنَّةَ بِرَحْمَتِهِ وَإِنْ شَاءَ سَاقَهُمْ إِلَى النَّارِ بِذُنُوبِهِمْ وَلَمْ يَظْلِمْهُمْ فَقُلْتُ هَلْ يَدْخُلُ الْجَنَّةَ كَافِرٌ قَالَ لا قُلْتُ هَلْ يَدْخُلُ النَّارَ إِلا كَافِرٌ قَالَ فَقَالَ لا إِلا أَنْ يَشَاءَ الله يَا زُرَارَةُ إِنَّنِي أَقُولُ مَا شَاءَ الله وَأَنْتَ لا تَقُولُ مَا شَاءَ الله أَمَا إِنَّكَ إِنْ كَبِرْتَ رَجَعْتَ وَتَحَلَّلَتْ عَنْكَ عُقَدُكَ.

1. Muhammad ibn Yahya has narrated from Ahmad ibn Muhammad from ibn Faddal from ibn Bukayr and Ali ibn Ibrahim from Muhammad ibn ‘Isa from Yunus from a man all from Zurara who has said the following: “Once, abu Ja’far (a.s.) asked me, ‘What do you say about the people of al-‘A’raf?’ I said, ‘They are either believing people or unbelievers. If they will enter paradise they will be believing people, and if they go in fire they will be unbelievers.’ The Imam then said, ‘By Allah, they are not believing people nor are they unbelievers. Had they been of the believers they would have entered paradise like the believers. Were they unbelievers they would have gone in fire like the unbelievers. They, however, are a people whose good and bad deeds are equal. Their deeds fall short and they are as Allah, the Most Majestic, the Most Holy, has said they are.’ I asked, ‘Are they among the people of paradise or of the people of fire?’ The Imam said, ‘Leave them as Allah has done.’ I said, ‘Do you leave them in postponement?’ The Imam said, ‘Yes, just as Allah has done. If He will wish. He will send them in paradise through His favor, and if He will wish He will drive them to fire for their sins; He will not be doing injustice to them.’ I asked, ‘Will unbelievers enter paradise?’ The Imam said, ‘No.’ I said, ‘Will anyone besides unbelievers go to fire?’ The Imam said, ‘No, unless Allah will wish. O Zurara, I say, ‘As Allah wills and you do not say, ‘As Allah wills.’ When you will grow up you will turn back and your knots ease up (on your opponent).”’

Al-Kāfi - Volume 2, People of al- A’raf, Hadith #1

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
1ـ مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ يَحْيَى عَنْ أَحْمَدَ بْنِ مُحَمَّدٍ عَنْ عَلِيِّ بْنِ الْحَكَمِ عَنْ مُوسَى بْنِ بَكْرٍ عَنْ زُرَارَةَ عَنْ أَبِي جَعْفَرٍ (عَلَيهِ السَّلام) فِي قَوْلِ الله عَزَّ وَجَلَّ وَآخَرُونَ مُرْجَوْنَ لأمْرِ الله قَالَ قَوْمٌ كَانُوا مُشْرِكِينَ فَقَتَلُوا مِثْلَ حَمْزَةَ وَجَعْفَرٍ وَأَشْبَاهَهُمَا مِنَ الْمُؤْمِنِينَ ثُمَّ إِنَّهُمْ دَخَلُوا فِي الإسْلامِ فَوَحَّدُوا الله وَتَرَكُوا الشِّرْكَ وَلَمْ يَعْرِفُوا الإيمَانَ بِقُلُوبِهِمْ فَيَكُونُوا مِنَ الْمُؤْمِنِينَ فَتَجِبَ لَهُمُ الْجَنَّةُ وَلَمْ يَكُونُوا عَلَى جُحُودِهِمْ فَيَكْفُرُوا فَتَجِبَ لَهُمُ النَّارُ فَهُمْ عَلَى تِلْكَ الْحَالِ إِمَّا يُعَذِّبُهُمْ وَإِمَّا يَتُوبُ عَلَيْهِمْ.

1. Muhammad ibn Yahya has narrated from Ahmad ibn Muhammad from Ali ibn al-Hakam from Musa ibn Bakr from Zurara from abu Ja’far (a.s.) who has said the following: “About the words of Allah, the Most Majestic, the Most Holy, ‘. . . there are others who have no good deeds for which they may receive any reward or sins for which they may be punished. Their fate will be in the hands of Allah. Allah is All-knowing and All-wise,’ (9:106) the Imam said, ‘Certain people were pagans. They murdered people like Hamza and Ja’far and similar persons from the believers. Then they accepted Islam and Allah only and gave up paganism, but did not know belief with their heart so they could be among the believers to deserve paradise. They were not in denial and a rejecting attitude as unbelievers to be subjected to fire (of hell). They are in that condition as such that it will be up to Allah to punish or accept their repentance.’”

Al-Kāfi - Volume 2, People in Postponement for the Command of Allah, Hadith #1

2ـ عِدَّةٌ مِنْ أَصْحَابِنَا عَنْ سَهْلِ بْنِ زِيَادٍ عَنْ عَلِيِّ بْنِ حَسَّانَ عَنْ مُوسَى بْنِ بَكْرٍ الْوَاسِطِيِّ عَنْ رَجُلٍ قَالَ قَالَ أَبُو جَعْفَرٍ (عَلَيهِ السَّلام) الْمُرْجَوْنَ قَوْمٌ كَانُوا مُشْرِكِينَ فَقَتَلُوا مِثْلَ حَمْزَةَ وَجَعْفَرٍ وَأَشْبَاهَهُمَا مِنَ الْمُؤْمِنِينَ ثُمَّ إِنَّهُمْ بَعْدَ ذَلِكَ دَخَلُوا فِي الإسْلامِ فَوَحَّدُوا الله وَتَرَكُوا الشِّرْكَ وَلَمْ يَكُونُوا يُؤْمِنُونَ فَيَكُونُوا مِنَ الْمُؤْمِنِينَ وَلَمْ يُؤْمِنُوا فَتَجِبَ لَهُمُ الْجَنَّةُ وَلَمْ يَكْفُرُوا فَتَجِبَ لَهُمُ النَّارُ فَهُمْ عَلَى تِلْكَ الْحَالِ مُرْجَوْنَ لأمْرِ الله.

2. A number of our people have narrated from Sahl ibn Ziyad from Ali ibn Hassan from Musa ibn Bakr al-Wasiti from a man who has said the following: “Abu Ja’far (a.s.) has said, ‘Al- Murjawn were a pagan people. They murdered people like Hamza and Ja’far and similar persons from the believers. Then they accepted Islam. They accepted Allah only. They gave up paganism, but did not believe to be among believing people. They did not believe to deserve paradise. They were not in denial and a rejecting attitude to be subjected to fire (of hell). They are in that condition as such that it will be up to Allah to punish or accept their repentance.”’

Al-Kāfi - Volume 2, People in Postponement for the Command of Allah, Hadith #2

1ـ عَلِيُّ بْنُ إِبْرَاهِيمَ عَنْ أَبِيهِ عَنِ ابْنِ أَبِي عُمَيْرٍ عَنْ عَبْدِ الرَّحْمَنِ بْنِ الْحَجَّاجِ عَنْ هَاشِمٍ صَاحِبِ الْبَرِيدِ قَالَ كُنْتُ أَنَا وَمُحَمَّدُ بْنُ مُسْلِمٍ وَأَبُو الْخَطَّابِ مُجْتَمِعِينَ فَقَالَ لَنَا أَبُو الْخَطَّابِ مَا تَقُولُونَ فِيمَنْ لَمْ يَعْرِفْ هَذَا الأمْرَ فَقُلْتُ مَنْ لَمْ يَعْرِفْ هَذَا الأمْرَ فَهُوَ كَافِرٌ فَقَالَ أَبُو الْخَطَّابِ لَيْسَ بِكَافِرٍ حَتَّى تَقُومَ عَلَيْهِ الْحُجَّةُ فَإِذَا قَامَتْ عَلَيْهِ الْحُجَّةُ فَلَمْ يَعْرِفْ فَهُوَ كَافِرٌ فَقَالَ لَهُ مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ مُسْلِمٍ سُبْحَانَ الله مَا لَهُ إِذَا لَمْ يَعْرِفْ وَلَمْ يَجْحَدْ يَكْفُرُ لَيْسَ بِكَافِرٍ إِذَا لَمْ يَجْحَدْ قَالَ فَلَمَّا حَجَجْتُ دَخَلْتُ عَلَى أَبِي عَبْدِ الله فَأَخْبَرْتُهُ بِذَلِكَ فَقَالَ إِنَّكَ قَدْ حَضَرْتَ وَغَابَا وَلَكِنْ مَوْعِدُكُمُ اللَّيْلَةَ الْجَمْرَةُ الْوُسْطَى بِمِنًى فَلَمَّا كَانَتِ اللَّيْلَةُ اجْتَمَعْنَا عِنْدَهُ وَأَبُو الْخَطَّابِ وَمُحَمَّدُ بْنُ مُسْلِمٍ فَتَنَاوَلَ وِسَادَةً فَوَضَعَهَا فِي صَدْرِهِ ثُمَّ قَالَ لَنَا مَا تَقُولُونَ فِي خَدَمِكُمْ وَنِسَائِكُمْ وَأَهْلِيكُمْ أَ لَيْسَ يَشْهَدُونَ أَنْ لا إِلَهَ إِلا الله قُلْتُ بَلَى قَالَ أَ لَيْسَ يَشْهَدُونَ أَنَّ مُحَمَّداً رَسُولُ الله (صَلَّى اللهُ عَلَيْهِ وآلِه) قُلْتُ بَلَى قَالَ أَ لَيْسَ يُصَلُّونَ وَيَصُومُونَ وَيَحُجُّونَ قُلْتُ بَلَى قَالَ فَيَعْرِفُونَ مَا أَنْتُمْ عَلَيْهِ قُلْتُ لا قَالَ فَمَا هُمْ عِنْدَكُمْ قُلْتُ مَنْ لَمْ يَعْرِفْ هَذَا الأمْرَ فَهُوَ كَافِرٌ قَالَ سُبْحَانَ الله أَ مَا رَأَيْتَ أَهْلَ الطَّرِيقِ وَأَهْلَ الْمِيَاهِ قُلْتُ بَلَى قَالَ أَ لَيْسَ يُصَلُّونَ وَيَصُومُونَ وَيَحُجُّونَ أَ لَيْسَ يَشْهَدُونَ أَنْ لا إِلَهَ إِلا الله وَأَنَّ مُحَمَّداً رَسُولُ الله قُلْتُ بَلَى قَالَ فَيَعْرِفُونَ مَا أَنْتُمْ عَلَيْهِ قُلْتُ لا قَالَ فَمَا هُمْ عِنْدَكُمْ قُلْتُ مَنْ لَمْ يَعْرِفْ هَذَا الأمْرَ فَهُوَ كَافِرٌ قَالَ سُبْحَانَ الله أَ مَا رَأَيْتَ الْكَعْبَةَ وَالطَّوَافَ وَأَهْلَ الْيَمَنِ وَتَعَلُّقَهُمْ بِأَسْتَارِ الْكَعْبَةِ قُلْتُ بَلَى قَالَ أَ لَيْسَ يَشْهَدُونَ أَنْ لا إِلَهَ إِلا الله وَأَنَّ مُحَمَّداً رَسُولُ الله (صَلَّى اللهُ عَلَيْهِ وآلِه) وَيُصَلُّونَ وَيَصُومُونَ وَيَحُجُّونَ قُلْتُ بَلَى قَالَ فَيَعْرِفُونَ مَا أَنْتُمْ عَلَيْهِ قُلْتُ لا قَالَ فَمَا تَقُولُونَ فِيهِمْ قُلْتُ مَنْ لَمْ يَعْرِفْ فَهُوَ كَافِرٌ قَالَ سُبْحَانَ الله هَذَا قَوْلُ الْخَوَارِجِ ثُمَّ قَالَ إِنْ شِئْتُمْ أَخْبَرْتُكُمْ فَقُلْتُ أَنَا لا فَقَالَ أَمَا إِنَّهُ شَرٌّ عَلَيْكُمْ أَنْ تَقُولُوا بِشَيْ‏ءٍ مَا لَمْ تَسْمَعُوهُ مِنَّا قَالَ فَظَنَنْتُ أَنَّهُ يُدِيرُنَا عَلَى قَوْلِ مُحَمَّدِ بْنِ مُسْلِمٍ.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
1. Ali ibn Ibrahim has narrated from his father from Ibn Abi ‘Umayr from ‘Abd al- Rahman ibn al-Hajjaj from Hashim Sahib al-Barid who has said the following: “Once Muhammad ibn Muslim, abu al-Khattab and I were together and abu Khattab asked, ‘What do you say about a person who does not believe in this cause (Divine Authority of AM al-Bayt)?’ I then said, ‘Anyone who does not believe in this cause is an unbeliever.’ Abu al-Khattab said, ‘He is not an unbeliever until all evidence is established against him, when evidence and proof is established and he did not recognize then he becomes an unbeliever.’ Muhammad ibn Muslim asked him. ‘Glory belongs to Allah, what has he done that for not knowing and not denying becomes an unbeliever? He is not an unbeliever if he does not deny and reject.’ I (the narrator) argued and then went in the presence of Abu ‘Abdillah (a.s.) and informed him of the discussion. The Imam said, ‘You have come and they both are absent. All of you may come to me tonight by the middle Jamara (pillar of stones) in Mina.’ “That night we gathered together before him. Abu al-Khattab and Muhammad ibn Muslim also were there. The Imam picked up the pillow and held it against his chest and asked us, ‘What do you say about your servants, women, and people of your house? Do they not say, ‘No one deserves to be worshipped except Allah?’ I said, ‘Yes, they do say so.’ The Imam asked, ‘Do they not say, Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah?’ I said, ‘Yes, they do say so.’ The Imam asked, ‘Do they not perform the prayer, fast and perform Hajj?’ I said, ‘Yes, they do so.’ The Imam asked, ‘Do they know and recognize what you believe in?’ I said, ‘No, they do not do so.’ The Imam asked, ‘What are they then in your views?’ I said, ‘Anyone who does not know this cause (Divine Authority of Ahl al-Bayt) is an unbeliever. ’ The Imam asked, ‘Glory belongs to Allah, have you considered the people in the streets and the water carriers?’ I said, ‘Yes, I have done so.’ The Imam asked, ‘Do they not perform the prayer, fast, and perform Hajj? Do they not testify that no one deserves to be worshipped except Allah and that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah?’ I said, ‘Yes, they do so.’ The Imam said, ‘Do they know and recognize what you believe in?’ I said, ‘No, they do not do so.’ The Imam said, ‘What are they then in your view?’ I said, ‘Anyone who does not know and recognize this cause, is an unbeliever.’ The Imam said, ‘Glory belongs to Allah, have you seen the Ka’bah, the Tawaf (walking seven times around the Ka’bah), the people of Yeman and their clinging to the curtain of the Ka’bah?’ I said, ‘Yes, I see them.’ The Imam said, ‘Do they not testify that no one deserves to be worshipped except Allah? That Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah? Do they not perform the prayer, fast, and perform Hajj?’ I said, ‘Yes they do so.’ The Imam said, ‘Do they know and recognize what you believe in?’ I said, ‘No they do not do so.’ The Imam said, ‘What do you say about them?’ I said, ‘Anyone who does not know (believe in this cause) is an unbeliever. ’ “The Imam said, ‘Glory belongs to Allah, this is what al- Khawarij (the group that turned against Ali (a.s.)) say.’ The Imam then said, ‘If you like, I may tell you.’ I said, ‘No, do not tell us.’ The Imam said, ‘It is evil against you to say what you have not heard from us.’ I (the narrator) then guessed that he is turning us upon the words of Muhammad ibn Muslim (namely, one is not an unbeliever until he denies and rejects the Divine Authority of Ahl al-Bayt).”’

Al-Kāfi - Volume 2, Straying, Hadith #1

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member

2ـ عَلِيُّ بْنُ إِبْرَاهِيمَ عَنْ مُحَمَّدِ بْنِ عِيسَى عَنْ يُونُسَ عَنْ رَجُلٍ عَنْ زُرَارَةَ عَنْ أَبِي جَعْفَرٍ (عَلَيهِ السَّلام) قَالَ قُلْتُ لَهُ فَمَا تَقُولُ فِي مُنَاكَحَةِ النَّاسِ فَإِنِّي قَدْ بَلَغْتُ مَا تَرَاهُ وَمَا تَزَوَّجْتُ قَطُّ فَقَالَ وَمَا يَمْنَعُكَ مِنْ ذَلِكَ فَقُلْتُ مَا يَمْنَعُنِي إِلا أَنَّنِي أَخْشَى أَنْ لا تَحِلَّ لِي مُنَاكَحَتُهُمْ فَمَا تَأْمُرُنِي فَقَالَ فَكَيْفَ تَصْنَعُ وَأَنْتَ شَابٌّ أَ تَصْبِرُ قُلْتُ أَتَّخِذُ الْجَوَارِيَ قَالَ فَهَاتِ الآنَ فَبِمَا تَسْتَحِلُّ الْجَوَارِيَ قُلْتُ إِنَّ الأمَةَ لَيْسَتْ بِمَنْزِلَةِ الْحُرَّةِ إِنْ رَابَتْنِي بِشَيْ‏ءٍ بِعْتُهَا وَاعْتَزَلْتُهَا قَالَ فَحَدِّثْنِي بِمَا اسْتَحْلَلْتَهَا قَالَ فَلَمْ يَكُنْ عِنْدِي جَوَابٌ فَقُلْتُ لَهُ فَمَا تَرَى أَتَزَوَّجُ فَقَالَ مَا أُبَالِي أَنْ تَفْعَلَ قُلْتُ أَ رَأَيْتَ قَوْلَكَ مَا أُبَالِي أَنْ تَفْعَلَ فَإِنَّ ذَلِكَ عَلَى جِهَتَيْنِ تَقُولُ لَسْتُ أُبَالِي أَنْ تَأْثَمَ مِنْ غَيْرِ أَنْ آمُرَكَ فَمَا تَأْمُرُنِي أَفْعَلُ ذَلِكَ بِأَمْرِكَ فَقَالَ لِي قَدْ كَانَ رَسُولُ الله (صَلَّى اللهُ عَلَيْهِ وآلِه) تَزَوَّجَ وَقَدْ كَانَ مِنْ أَمْرِ امْرَأَةِ نُوحٍ وَامْرَأَةِ لُوطٍ مَا قَدْ كَانَ إِنَّهُمَا قَدْ كَانَتَا تَحْتَ عَبْدَيْنِ مِنْ عِبَادِنَا صَالِحَيْنِ فَقُلْتُ إِنَّ رَسُولَ الله (صَلَّى اللهُ عَلَيْهِ وآلِه) لَيْسَ فِي ذَلِكَ بِمَنْزِلَتِي إِنَّمَا هِيَ تَحْتَ يَدِهِ وَهِيَ مُقِرَّةٌ بِحُكْمِهِ مُقِرَّةٌ بِدِينِهِ قَالَ فَقَالَ لِي مَا تَرَى مِنَ الْخِيَانَةِ فِي قَوْلِ الله عَزَّ وَجَلَّ فَخانَتاهُما مَا يَعْنِي بِذَلِكَ إِلا الْفَاحِشَةَ وَقَدْ زَوَّجَ رَسُولُ الله (صَلَّى اللهُ عَلَيْهِ وآلِه) فُلاناً قَالَ قُلْتُ أَصْلَحَكَ الله مَا تَأْمُرُنِي أَنْطَلِقُ فَأَتَزَوَّجُ بِأَمْرِكَ فَقَالَ لِي إِنْ كُنْتَ فَاعِلاً فَعَلَيْكَ بِالْبَلْهَاءِ مِنَ النِّسَاءِ قُلْتُ وَمَا الْبَلْهَاءُ قَالَ ذَوَاتُ الْخُدُورِ الْعَفَائِفُ فَقُلْتُ مَنْ هِيَ عَلَى دِينِ سَالِمِ بْنِ أَبِي حَفْصَةَ قَالَ لا فَقُلْتُ مَنْ هِيَ عَلَى دِينِ رَبِيعَةِ الرَّأْيِ فَقَالَ لا وَلَكِنَّ الْعَوَاتِقَ اللَّوَاتِي لا يَنْصِبْنَ كُفْراً وَلا يَعْرِفْنَ مَا تَعْرِفُونَ قُلْتُ وَهَلْ تَعْدُو أَنْ تَكُونَ مُؤْمِنَةً أَوْ كَافِرَةً فَقَالَ تَصُومُ وَتُصَلِّي وَتَتَّقِي الله وَلا تَدْرِي مَا أَمْرُكُمْ فَقُلْتُ قَدْ قَالَ الله عَزَّ وَجَلَّ هُوَ الَّذِي خَلَقَكُمْ فَمِنْكُمْ كافِرٌ وَمِنْكُمْ مُؤْمِنٌ لا وَالله لا يَكُونُ أَحَدٌ مِنَ النَّاسِ لَيْسَ بِمُؤْمِنٍ وَلا كَافِرٍ قَالَ فَقَالَ أَبُو جَعْفَرٍ (عَلَيهِ السَّلام) قَوْلُ الله أَصْدَقُ مِنْ قَوْلِكَ يَا زُرَارَةُ أَ رَأَيْتَ قَوْلَ الله عَزَّ وَجَلَّ خَلَطُوا عَمَلاً صالِحاً وَآخَرَ سَيِّئاً عَسَى الله أَنْ يَتُوبَ عَلَيْهِمْ فَلَمَّا قَالَ عَسَى فَقُلْتُ مَا هُمْ إِلا مُؤْمِنِينَ أَوْ كَافِرِينَ قَالَ فَقَالَ مَا تَقُولُ فِي قَوْلِهِ عَزَّ وَجَلَّ إِلا الْمُسْتَضْعَفِينَ مِنَ الرِّجالِ وَالنِّساءِ وَالْوِلْدانِ لا يَسْتَطِيعُونَ حِيلَةً وَلا يَهْتَدُونَ سَبِيلاً إِلَى الإيمَانِ فَقُلْتُ مَا هُمْ إِلا مُؤْمِنِينَ أَوْ كَافِرِينَ فَقَالَ وَالله مَا هُمْ بِمُؤْمِنِينَ وَلا كَافِرِينَ ثُمَّ أَقْبَلَ عَلَيَّ فَقَالَ مَا تَقُولُ فِي أَصْحَابِ الأعْرَافِ فَقُلْتُ مَا هُمْ إِلا مُؤْمِنِينَ أَوْ كَافِرِينَ إِنْ دَخَلُوا الْجَنَّةَ فَهُمْ مُؤْمِنُونَ وَإِنْ دَخَلُوا النَّارَ فَهُمْ كَافِرُونَ فَقَالَ وَالله مَا هُمْ بِمُؤْمِنِينَ وَلا كَافِرِينَ وَلَوْ كَانُوا مُؤْمِنِينَ لَدَخَلُوا الْجَنَّةَ كَمَا دَخَلَهَا الْمُؤْمِنُونَ وَلَوْ كَانُوا كَافِرِينَ لَدَخَلُوا النَّارَ كَمَا دَخَلَهَا الْكَافِرُونَ وَلَكِنَّهُمْ قَوْمٌ قَدِ اسْتَوَتْ حَسَنَاتُهُمْ وَسَيِّئَاتُهُمْ فَقَصُرَتْ بِهِمُ الأعْمَالُ وَأَنَّهُمْ لَكَمَا قَالَ الله عَزَّ وَجَلَّ فَقُلْتُ أَ مِنْ أَهْلِ الْجَنَّةِ هُمْ أَمْ مِنْ أَهْلِ النَّارِ فَقَالَ اتْرُكْهُمْ حَيْثُ تَرَكَهُمُ الله قُلْتُ أَ فَتُرْجِئُهُمْ قَالَ نَعَمْ أُرْجِئُهُمْ كَمَا أَرْجَأَهُمُ الله إِنْ شَاءَ أَدْخَلَهُمُ الْجَنَّةَ بِرَحْمَتِهِ وَإِنْ شَاءَ سَاقَهُمْ إِلَى النَّارِ بِذُنُوبِهِمْ وَلَمْ يَظْلِمْهُمْ فَقُلْتُ هَلْ يَدْخُلُ الْجَنَّةَ كَافِرٌ قَالَ لا قُلْتُ فَهَلْ يَدْخُلُ النَّارَ إِلا كَافِرٌ قَالَ فَقَالَ لا إِلا أَنْ يَشَاءَ الله يَا زُرَارَةُ إِنَّنِي أَقُولُ مَا شَاءَ الله وَأَنْتَ لا تَقُولُ مَا شَاءَ الله أَمَا إِنَّكَ إِنْ كَبِرْتَ رَجَعْتَ وَتحَلَّلَتْ عَنْكَ عُقَدُكَ.

2. Ali ibn Ibrahim has narrated from Muhammad ibn ‘Isa from Yunus from a man from Zurara who has said the following: “Once I asked abu Ja’far (a.s.) ‘What do you say about marriage of the people. I have reached this age as you can see and I am not married yet.’ The Imam asked, ‘What prevents you from becoming married?’ I said, ‘What prevents me is fear that it may not be lawful to marry from them. What is your instruction?’ The Imam asked, ‘How can you live and you are young, can you exercise patience?’ I said, ‘I can buy slaves.’ The Imam asked, ‘Here you are, how, can slaves be lawful?’ I said, ‘A slave is not like a free person. If something may make me suspicious I can sell her and stay away from her.’ The Imam said, ‘Tell me how you make her lawful.’ I (the narrator) had no answers. “1 then asked him, ‘What do you say if I married?’ The Imam said, ‘I do not mind if you marry.’ I said, ‘Consider your words, ‘I do not mind if you did,’ it has two aspects: I do not mind if you sinned without my command. What is your command? Should I do it by your command?’ The Imam said, ‘The Messenger of Allah had married. There are the cases of the wives of Noah and Lot as they were in wedlock with two virtuous servants (of Allah).’ I said, ‘The Messenger of Allah is not of the same position as I. She was under his control and acknowledged his judgment and his religion. ’ The Imam asked, ‘What do you think of unfaithfulness in the words of Allah, the Most Majestic, the Most Holy, ‘They both were unfaithful to the two of them.’ (66:9) He does not mean thereby anything other than indecent acts. The Messenger of Allah had married so and so.’ “I then said, ‘May Allah keep you well, what do you command me? Should I go and marry by your command?’ The Imam said to me, ‘Were you to marry, you should marry al-BuIaha’ of women.’ I asked, ‘Who are al-Bulaha’ of women?’ The Imam said, ‘Those who observe Hijab and are chaste.’ I asked, ‘How is she who is in the religion of Salim ibn abu Hafsah?’ The Imam said, ‘No.’ I said, ‘How is she that is in the religion of Rabi’ah al-Ra’i?’ The Imam said, ‘No, but marry those who are under the guardianship of their fathers, who are not unbelievers and do not know what you believe in.’ I asked, ‘Is it not the case that she is either a believer or an unbeliever?’ The Imam said, ‘One who fasts, performs prayer, is pious before Allah and does not know what is your cause.’ I said, ‘Allah, the Most Majestic, the Most Holy, has said, ‘It is He Who has created you. Among you there are believer and unbelievers,’ (64:2) no, by Allah, there is no one in the people who is not a believer or an unbeliever.’ “The narrator has said that abu Ja’far (a.s.) then said, ‘The words of Allah are truer than your words, O Zurara. Have you not considered the words of Allah, the Most Majestic, the Most Holy, ‘ . . . they have mixed virtuous deeds with sinful ones. Perhaps Allah will forgive them. Allah is All-forgiving and All-merciful.’ (9:102) Why has Allah said, “perhaps”?’ I said, ‘They are either believing people or unbelievers.’ “The narrator has said that the Imam then asked, ‘What do you think of the words of Allah, the Most Majestic, the Most Holy, ‘As for the really weak and oppressed men, women, and children who were not able to find any means of obtaining their freedom or of having the right guidance, . . . ’ (4:98) guidance to belief?’ I said, ‘They are either believers or unbelievers. ’ The Imam said, ‘By Allah they are not believing people nor unbelievers.’ Then the Imam turned to me and asked, ‘What do you think of the people of ‘A’raf?’ I said, ‘They are none other than either believers or unbelievers. If they enter paradise they are believers and if they go in the fire, they are unbelievers.’ The Imam said, ‘By Allah, they are not believers nor are they unbelievers. Were they believers they would have entered paradise like the other believing people. Were they unbelievers they would have gone in the fire like the other unbelievers. In fact, they are people whose good and bad deeds were equal. They had shortages of deeds. They will be as Allah, the Most Majestic, the Most Holy, has said.’ I asked, ‘Are they of the people of paradise or of the people of the fire?’ The Imam said, ‘Leave them alone as Allah has done.’ I asked, ‘Do you leave their affairs in postponement?’ The Imam said, ‘Yes, I do as Allah has done. If Allah wills He will send them to paradise through his favor, and if He wills He will drive them to the fire for their sins without being unjust to them.’ I said, ‘Will unbelievers go to paradise?’ The Imam said, ‘No.’ I asked, ‘Will anyone other than unbelievers go in the fire?’ “The narrator has said that the Imam said, ‘No, except what Allah will wish. O Zurara, I say, ‘What Allah wills and you do not say what Allah wills. When you will grow up you will turn around and your knots ease up (on your opponents).”’ Note: The above Hadith is very critical of the attitude of Zurara, according to commentators. In his defense, due to his prominent position in view of the scholars, it is said that either at that time he was very young or later he matured. He believed those who did not, would not and could not believe in the Divine Authority of ‘A ’immah could never go to paradise. Also, it is said that perhaps the whole Hadith due to weakness in the chain of narrators is not reliable. Zurara seems unable to find any room in his heart for those who did not respect Ahl al- Bayt (a.s.) properly.

Al-Kāfi - Volume 2, Straying, Hadith #2

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
This is so far just some of the hadiths on this issue from Al-Kafi let alone the other many hadiths on the issue.

It would be too long to quote all hadiths on the issue but I would research @InvestigateTruth

InvestigateTruth

Just a translation thing it says signs not revelations or verses. Quran is a book of signs, but it doesn't mean a person is rejecting it's signs just by denying it by mouth. You are doing what our friend @stevecanuck is doing. Isolating verses away from the context.

There is two ways to see disbelief in signs. One is that even without signs presented to the soul of the person, he says I don't believe so and so is a Messenger, and that is disbelief in the signs or that Messenger.

However, you will not find that complete sentence. Instead you find:

إِنَّ الَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا وَصَدُّوا عَنْ سَبِيلِ اللَّهِ وَشَاقُّوا الرَّسُولَ مِنْ بَعْدِ مَا تَبَيَّنَ لَهُمُ الْهُدَىٰ لَنْ يَضُرُّوا اللَّهَ شَيْئًا وَسَيُحْبِطُ أَعْمَالَهُمْ | Indeed those who are faithless and bar from the way of Allah and defy the Apostle after guidance has become clear to them, they will not hurt Allah in the least, and He shall make their works fail. | Muhammad : 32

The hadiths say if a person neither acknowledges nor denies the truth, he cannot be seen as a disbeliever. If they deny a book from God without knowledge, that is condemned too in the following verse:

The hadiths clarify:

5ـ عَنْهُ عَنْ أَحْمَدَ بْنِ مُحَمَّدٍ عَنِ الْحُسَيْنِ بْنِ سَعِيدٍ عَنْ فَضَالَةَ بْنِ أَيُّوبَ عَنْ عُمَرَ بْنِ أَبَانٍ قَالَ سَأَلْتُ أَبَا عَبْدِ الله (عَلَيهِ السَّلام) عَنِ الْمُسْتَضْعَفِينَ فَقَالَ هُمْ أَهْلُ الْوَلايَةِ فَقُلْتُ أَيُّ وَلايَةٍ فَقَالَ أَمَا إِنَّهَا لَيْسَتْ بِالْوَلايَةِ فِي الدِّينِ وَلَكِنَّهَا الْوَلايَةُ فِي الْمُنَاكَحَةِ وَالْمُوَارَثَةِ وَالْمُخَالَطَةِ وَهُمْ لَيْسُوا بِالْمُؤْمِنِينَ وَلا بِالْكُفَّارِ وَمِنْهُمُ الْمُرْجَوْنَ لأمْرِ الله عَزَّ وَجَلَّ.

5. It is narrated from him (narrator of the Hadith above) from Ahmad ibn Muhammad from al-Husayn ibn Sa’id from Fudalah ibn Ayyub from ‘Umar ibn Aban who has said the following: “Once I asked Abu ‘Abdillah (a.s.) about the feeble-minded people. The Imam said, ‘They are the people under guardianship.’ I then asked, ‘What kind of guardianship is it?’ The Imam said, ‘It is not a religious guardianship. It is guardianship in marriages, inheritance and social affairs. They are neither believers nor unbelievers. There are those among them for whom one may hope in the command of Allah, the Most Majestic, the Most Holy.’”

Al-Kāfi - Volume 2, The Feeble-minded People, Hadith #5

6ـ الْحُسَيْنُ بْنُ مُحَمَّدٍ عَنْ مُعَلَّى بْنِ مُحَمَّدٍ عَنِ الْوَشَّاءِ عَنْ مُثَنًّى عَنْ إِسْمَاعِيلَ الْجُعْفِيِّ قَالَ سَأَلْتُ أَبَا جَعْفَرٍ (عَلَيهِ السَّلام) عَنِ الدِّينِ الَّذِي لا يَسَعُ الْعِبَادَ جَهْلُهُ فَقَالَ الدِّينُ وَاسِعٌ وَلَكِنَّ الْخَوَارِجَ ضَيَّقُوا عَلَى أَنْفُسِهِمْ مِنْ جَهْلِهِمْ قُلْتُ جُعِلْتُ فِدَاكَ فَأُحَدِّثُكَ بِدِينِيَ الَّذِي أَنَا عَلَيْهِ فَقَالَ بَلَى فَقُلْتُ أَشْهَدُ أَنْ لا إِلَهَ إِلا الله وَأَشْهَدُ أَنَّ مُحَمَّداً عَبْدُهُ وَرَسُولُهُ وَالإقْرَارَ بِمَا جَاءَ مِنْ عِنْدِ الله وَأَتَوَلاكُمْ وَأَبْرَأُ مِنْ عَدُوِّكُمْ وَمَنْ رَكِبَ رِقَابَكُمْ وَتَأَمَّرَ عَلَيْكُمْ وَظَلَمَكُمْ حَقَّكُمْ فَقَالَ مَا جَهِلْتَ شَيْئاً هُوَ وَالله الَّذِي نَحْنُ عَلَيْهِ قُلْتُ فَهَلْ سَلِمَ أَحَدٌ لا يَعْرِفُ هَذَا الأمْرَ فَقَالَ لا إِلا الْمُسْتَضْعَفِينَ قُلْتُ مَنْ هُمْ قَالَ نِسَاؤُكُمْ وَأَوْلادُكُمْ ثُمَّ قَالَ أَ رَأَيْتَ أُمَّ أَيْمَنَ فَإِنِّي أَشْهَدُ أَنَّهَا مِنْ أَهْلِ الْجَنَّةِ وَمَا كَانَتْ تَعْرِفُ مَا أَنْتُمْ عَلَيْهِ.

6. Al-Husayn ibn Muhammad has narrated from Mu’alla ibn Muhammad from al- Washsha’ from Muthanna from Isma’il al-Ju’fi who has said the following: “Once I asked abu Ja’far (a.s.) about how much religious knowledge people must have. The Imam said, ‘Religion is vast but the Khawarij (those who turned against Amir al-Mu’minin, Ali ibn abu Talib (a.s.)) group has narrowed it down upon themselves due to their ignorance.’ I asked, ‘May Allah keep my soul in service for your cause, can I tell you what kind of religion I believe in?’ The Imam said, ‘Yes, you may do so.’ I said, ‘I testify that no one deserves to be worshipped except Allah and I testify that Muhammad is His servant and messenger. I affirm to whatever he has brought from Allah. I love you {AM al-Bayt) and disavow your enemies and those who have suppressed you, kept (unjust) control over you and who have usurped your rights.’ The Imam said, ‘You are not ignorant of anything. This, by Allah is what we follow.’ I asked, ‘Is one who does not know this (cause) safe?’ The Imam said, ‘No, except the feeble- minded people.’ I asked, ‘Who are they?’ The Imam said, ‘Your women and children.’ Then he said, ‘Consider ‘Umm ‘Ayman. I testify that she is of the people of paradise, but she did not know what you believe.’”

Al-Kāfi - Volume 2, The Feeble-minded People, Hadith #6

11ـ عِدَّةٌ مِنْ أَصْحَابِنَا عَنْ سَهْلِ بْنِ زِيَادٍ عَنْ إِسْمَاعِيلَ بْنِ مِهْرَانَ عَنْ مُحَمَّدِ بْنِ مَنْصُورٍ الْخُزَاعِيِّ عَنْ عَلِيِّ بْنِ سُوَيْدٍ عَنْ أَبِي الْحَسَنِ مُوسَى (عَلَيهِ السَّلام) قَالَ سَأَلْتُهُ عَنِ الضُّعَفَاءِ فَكَتَبَ إِلَيَّ الضَّعِيفُ مَنْ لَمْ تُرْفَعْ إِلَيْهِ حُجَّةٌ وَلَمْ يَعْرِفِ الإخْتِلافَ فَإِذَا عَرَفَ الإخْتِلافَ فَلَيْسَ بِمُسْتَضْعَفٍ.

11. A number of our people have narrated from Sahl ibn Ziyad from Isma’il ibn Mehran from Muhammad ibn Mansur al-Khuza’i from Ali ibn Suwayd who has said the following: “Once I asked abu al-Hassan Musa (a.s.) about the feeble-minded people and he wrote to me, ‘A feeble-minded is one to whom evidence and proof is not (or cannot be) presented and he does not know the differences among people. If he knows the differences among people he is not an enfeeble person.’”

Al-Kāfi - Volume 2, The Feeble-minded People, Hadith #11

1ـ مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ يَحْيَى عَنْ أَحْمَدَ بْنِ مُحَمَّدٍ عَنِ ابْنِ فَضَّالٍ عَنِ ابْنِ بُكَيْرٍ وَعَلِيُّ بْنُ إِبْرَاهِيمَ عَنْ مُحَمَّدِ بْنِ عِيسَى عَنْ يُونُسَ عَنْ رَجُلٍ جَمِيعاً عَنْ زُرَارَةَ قَالَ قَالَ لِي أَبُو جَعْفَرٍ (عَلَيهِ السَّلام) مَا تَقُولُ فِي أَصْحَابِ الأعْرَافِ فَقُلْتُ مَا هُمْ إِلا مُؤْمِنُونَ أَوْ كَافِرُونَ إِنْ دَخَلُوا الْجَنَّةَ فَهُمْ مُؤْمِنُونَ وَإِنْ دَخَلُوا النَّارَ فَهُمْ كَافِرُونَ فَقَالَ وَالله مَا هُمْ بِمُؤْمِنِينَ وَلا كَافِرِينَ وَلَوْ كَانُوا مُؤْمِنِينَ دَخَلُوا الْجَنَّةَ كَمَا دَخَلَهَا الْمُؤْمِنُونَ وَلَوْ كَانُوا كَافِرِينَ لَدَخَلُوا النَّارَ كَمَا دَخَلَهَا الْكَافِرُونَ وَلَكِنَّهُمْ قَوْمٌ اسْتَوَتْ حَسَنَاتُهُمْ وَسَيِّئَاتُهُمْ فَقَصُرَتْ بِهِمُ الأعْمَالُ وَإِنَّهُمْ لَكَمَا قَالَ الله عَزَّ وَجَلَّ فَقُلْتُ أَ مِنْ أَهْلِ الْجَنَّةِ هُمْ أَوْ مِنْ أَهْلِ النَّارِ فَقَالَ اتْرُكْهُمْ حَيْثُ تَرَكَهُمُ الله قُلْتُ أَ فَتُرْجِئُهُمْ قَالَ نَعَمْ أُرْجِئُهُمْ كَمَا أَرْجَأَهُمُ الله إِنْ شَاءَ أَدْخَلَهُمُ الْجَنَّةَ بِرَحْمَتِهِ وَإِنْ شَاءَ سَاقَهُمْ إِلَى النَّارِ بِذُنُوبِهِمْ وَلَمْ يَظْلِمْهُمْ فَقُلْتُ هَلْ يَدْخُلُ الْجَنَّةَ كَافِرٌ قَالَ لا قُلْتُ هَلْ يَدْخُلُ النَّارَ إِلا كَافِرٌ قَالَ فَقَالَ لا إِلا أَنْ يَشَاءَ الله يَا زُرَارَةُ إِنَّنِي أَقُولُ مَا شَاءَ الله وَأَنْتَ لا تَقُولُ مَا شَاءَ الله أَمَا إِنَّكَ إِنْ كَبِرْتَ رَجَعْتَ وَتَحَلَّلَتْ عَنْكَ عُقَدُكَ.

1. Muhammad ibn Yahya has narrated from Ahmad ibn Muhammad from ibn Faddal from ibn Bukayr and Ali ibn Ibrahim from Muhammad ibn ‘Isa from Yunus from a man all from Zurara who has said the following: “Once, abu Ja’far (a.s.) asked me, ‘What do you say about the people of al-‘A’raf?’ I said, ‘They are either believing people or unbelievers. If they will enter paradise they will be believing people, and if they go in fire they will be unbelievers.’ The Imam then said, ‘By Allah, they are not believing people nor are they unbelievers. Had they been of the believers they would have entered paradise like the believers. Were they unbelievers they would have gone in fire like the unbelievers. They, however, are a people whose good and bad deeds are equal. Their deeds fall short and they are as Allah, the Most Majestic, the Most Holy, has said they are.’ I asked, ‘Are they among the people of paradise or of the people of fire?’ The Imam said, ‘Leave them as Allah has done.’ I said, ‘Do you leave them in postponement?’ The Imam said, ‘Yes, just as Allah has done. If He will wish. He will send them in paradise through His favor, and if He will wish He will drive them to fire for their sins; He will not be doing injustice to them.’ I asked, ‘Will unbelievers enter paradise?’ The Imam said, ‘No.’ I said, ‘Will anyone besides unbelievers go to fire?’ The Imam said, ‘No, unless Allah will wish. O Zurara, I say, ‘As Allah wills and you do not say, ‘As Allah wills.’ When you will grow up you will turn back and your knots ease up (on your opponent).”’

Al-Kāfi - Volume 2, People of al- A’raf, Hadith #1

All who have heard about claim that a Book is come from God, has been presented with the signs and Revelations. Unless someone, was born before the Messenger, or, the Message has not reached them. Otherwise, they are responsible, since they have heard the news.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
All who have heard about claim that a Book is come from God, has been presented with the signs and Revelations. Unless someone, was born before the Messenger, or, the Message has not reached them. Otherwise, they are responsible, since they have heard the news.
This is some Sunni viewpoint (not all). The Shiite hadiths don't confirm this viewpoint and even argue by Quran it's not the case.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
2ـ عِدَّةٌ مِنْ أَصْحَابِنَا عَنْ سَهْلِ بْنِ زِيَادٍ عَنْ عَلِيِّ بْنِ حَسَّانَ عَنْ مُوسَى بْنِ بَكْرٍ الْوَاسِطِيِّ عَنْ رَجُلٍ قَالَ قَالَ أَبُو جَعْفَرٍ (عَلَيهِ السَّلام) الْمُرْجَوْنَ قَوْمٌ كَانُوا مُشْرِكِينَ فَقَتَلُوا مِثْلَ حَمْزَةَ وَجَعْفَرٍ وَأَشْبَاهَهُمَا مِنَ الْمُؤْمِنِينَ ثُمَّ إِنَّهُمْ بَعْدَ ذَلِكَ دَخَلُوا فِي الإسْلامِ فَوَحَّدُوا الله وَتَرَكُوا الشِّرْكَ وَلَمْ يَكُونُوا يُؤْمِنُونَ فَيَكُونُوا مِنَ الْمُؤْمِنِينَ وَلَمْ يُؤْمِنُوا فَتَجِبَ لَهُمُ الْجَنَّةُ وَلَمْ يَكْفُرُوا فَتَجِبَ لَهُمُ النَّارُ فَهُمْ عَلَى تِلْكَ الْحَالِ مُرْجَوْنَ لأمْرِ الله.

2. A number of our people have narrated from Sahl ibn Ziyad from Ali ibn Hassan from Musa ibn Bakr al-Wasiti from a man who has said the following: “Abu Ja’far (a.s.) has said, ‘Al- Murjawn were a pagan people. They murdered people like Hamza and Ja’far and similar persons from the believers. Then they accepted Islam. They accepted Allah only. They gave up paganism, but did not believe to be among believing people. They did not believe to deserve paradise. They were not in denial and a rejecting attitude to be subjected to fire (of hell). They are in that condition as such that it will be up to Allah to punish or accept their repentance.”’

Al-Kāfi - Volume 2, People in Postponement for the Command of Allah, Hadith #2

Murjawn should be translated as "those awaiting" and refers to a verse in Quran "And from them are those awaiting God's command, it maybe God punishes them or.."

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member

From the View of the Islāmic Sages

Islāmic philosophers have discussed this issue in a different way, but the conclusion they have reached in the end corresponds with what we have deduced from the verses and traditions.

Avicenna (Ibn Sīna) says: “People are divided into three groups in terms of soundness of body or physical beauty: one group is at the stage of perfection in soundness or beauty, another is at the extreme of ugliness or illness. Both of these groups are in a minority.

The group that forms the majority are the people who in the middle in terms of health and beauty; neither are they absolutely sound or healthy, nor do they, like the deformed, suffer from deformities or permanent sickness; neither are they extremely beautiful, nor ugly.”

“Similarly, from the spiritual point of view, people fall into the same categories; one group is in love with truth, and another is its stubborn enemy.

The third group consists of those in the middle; and they are the majority, who are neither in love with truth like the first group, nor its enemies like the second. These are people who have not reached the truth, but if they were shown the truth, they wouldn’t refuse to accept it.”

In other words, from the Islāmic perspective and from a jurisprudential viewpoint, they are not Muslims, but in real terms, they are Muslims. That is, they are submissive to truth and have no stubbornness toward it.

Avicenna says, after this division:

وَاسْتَوْسَعَ رَحْمَةُ اللٌّهِ
“Believe God’s mercy to be encompassing.16

In the discussions of good and evil of al-Asfār, Mullah Ŝadrā mentions this point as an objection: “How do you say that good overcomes evil even though, when we look at the human being, which is the noblest creation, we see that most people are caught in evil deeds in terms of their practice, and stuck in unsound beliefs and compound ignorance in terms of their beliefs?

And evil deeds and false beliefs destroy their position on the Day of Judgement, making them worthy of perdition. Thus, the final outcome of humanity, which is the best of creation, is wretchedness and misfortune.”

Mullāh Ŝadrā , in answering this objection, points to the words of Ibn Sīnā and says: “In the next life, people are the same as they are in this life in terms of their soundness and felicity.

Just as the extremely sound and exceedingly beautiful, and likewise the very ill and exceptionally ugly, are a minority in this world, while the majority is in the middle and is relatively sound, so too in the next world the perfect, who in the words of the Qur’ān are al-Sābiqūn, or “the foremost ones,” and similarly the wretched, who in the words of the Qur’ān are Aŝhāb al-Shimāl, or “the people of the left,” are few, and the majority consists of average people, whom the Qur’ān calls Aŝhāb al-Yamīn, or “the people of the right.”

After this, Mullāh Ŝadrāā says:

فلأهل الرحمة والسلامة غلبة في النشأتين
“Thus, the people of mercy and soundness are predominant in both worlds.”

One of the latter sages, perhaps the late Āqaā Muhammad Ridhā Qumshi’ī, has some unique verses of poetry about the vastness of the Lord’s mercy. In these verses, he reflects the belief of the sages, and rather the broadness of the `Ārifs’ (mystics’) stand. He says:

مِنْ رَحْمَة بَدَا وَ إِلَــى رَحْمَةٍ يَؤُلُ,, آن خدای دان همه مقبول و نامقبول
این است سرعشق که حیران کند عقول, از رحمت آمدند و به رحمت روند خلق
این شرک عارضی بوچ و عارضی یزول , خلقان همه به فطرت توحید زاده ند
با عشق پرده در، چه کند عقل بوالفضول , گوید خرد که سر حقیقت نهفته دار
این نقطه گه صعود نماید گهی نزول ,یک نقطه دان حکایت ما کان و ما یکون
گر خوانیم ظلوم و گر خوانیم جهول , جز من کمر به عهد امانت نبست کس
Consider all to be Gods’, accepted and non-accepted,
From mercy it commenced and to mercy it will return.
From mercy the created ones came, and to mercy they go,
This is the secret of love, which baffles the intellect.
All of creation was born with the innateness of Divine Unity,
This polytheism is incidental, and the incidental subsides.
Says wisdom: Keep hidden the secret of truth;
What will the prying intellect do with love, which pulls aside the curtains?
Consider the story of what was and what will be to be a dot,
This dot sometimes ascends and sometimes descends.
None but I strove to keep the trusts,
Whether you call me oppressive or call me ignorant.

The discussion of the sages pertains to the minor premise of an argument, not the major premise. The sages don’t discuss what the criterion of a good deed or the criterion of a deed’s acceptance are; their discussion is about the human being, about the idea that relatively speaking, in practice, the majority of people to differing extents are good, remain good, die good, and will be resurrected good.

What the sages wish to say is that although those who are blessed to accept the religion of Islām are in a minority, the individuals who possess fiťrah (innate) Islām and will be resurrected with innate Islām are in a majority.

In the belief of the supporters of this view, what has come in the Qur’ān about the Prophets interceding for those whose religion they approve of is in reference to the innate religion, and not the acquired religion, which, through incapacity, they haven’t reached, but towards which they show no obstinacy.

InvestigateTruth

This is some Sunni viewpoint (not all). The Shiite hadiths don't confirm this viewpoint and even argue by Quran it's not the case.
I think we are getting far from the OP.

Here are two other verses, 41:52-53, that will get us back in the track:

Ask ˹them, O Prophet˺, “Imagine if this ˹Quran˺ is ˹truly˺ from Allah and you deny it: who can be more astray than those who have gone too far in opposition ˹to the truth˺?”

We will show them Our signs on the horizons and in themselves, until it is clear to them that this is the Truth. Is it not sufficient that your Lord is a Witness over all things?

سَنُرِیهِمۡ ءَایَـٰتِنَا فِی ٱلۡءَافَاقِ وَفِیۤ أَنفُسِهِمۡ حَتَّىٰ یَتَبَیَّنَ لَهُمۡ أَنَّهُ ٱلۡحَقُّۗ أَوَ لَمۡ یَكۡفِ بِرَبِّكَ أَنَّهُۥ عَلَىٰ كُلِّ شَیۡءࣲ شَهِیدٌ ۝٥٣

These two verses, are talking about the people who were disbelieving the Quran. It says, when God shows the Signs in Horizons and in Them, it is then, that they will see this Quran was the truth.

The Question is, how, when and where those signs will be shown? And who are "they" that will see these signs in them and in Horizons? What are these signs?

Answer for Shia Hadithes:

الكافي: ج‌ 8 ص‌ 287 ح‌ 432 - وبهذا الاسناد (علي بن محمد، عن علي بن العباس، عن الحسن بن عبد الرحمن، عن عاصم بن حميد) عن أبي جعفر عليه السلام في قوله عزوجل: * (ولقد آتينا موسى الكتاب فاختلف فيه) * قال: - * * * [(سنريهم آياتنا في الآفاق وفي أنفسهم حتى يتبين لهم أنه الحق أو لم يكف بربك أنه على كل شئ شهيد)] (فصلت - 53). الآيات الموعودة للمهدي عليه السلام في أعدائه [1827 - (الامام الباقر عليه السلام) " يريهم في أنفسهم المسخ، ويريهم في الآفاق انتقاص الآفاق عليهم، فيرون قدرة الله في أنفسهم وفي الآفاق، وقوله: * (حتى يتبين لهم أنه الحق) * يعني بذلك خروج القائم هو من الله عزوجل يراه هذا الخلق لا بد منه "]

Answer: this verse is referring to the Rise of the Qaim. Thus, when the Qaim rises, there will be Jews and Christians who, will see the signs fulfilled, and thus believe in the Quran. Some of my own ancestors were Jews, and they believed in the Quran, when the Bab and Baha'u'llah manifested. So, I see them fulfilled.

What does "Horizons" mean? Is it talking about literal Horizons? Or there is a hidden meaning in it?

- Horizon is place that the Sun Rises. What signs would be shown in this?
Hint: since the Qaim, is like the Sun, the Rise of the Qaim, is likened to the "Horizon". But why it says HorizonS and not Horizon?
Hint: because there will be more than one Manifestation of the Qaim! Bab and Baha'u'llah

The verse in OP, (2:62) is saying the same thing, that those Jews and Christians who will believe at the time of the Qaim, when His signs are manifested will be rewarded.
The term "أمنوا بالله و يوم الاخر" (believing in God and the last Day" is interpreted as Believing in the Qaim:

واليوم الآخر ذلك خير وأحسن تأويلا)] (النساء - 59). في انتفاع المؤمنين بالمهدي عليه السلام في غيبته

Last edited:

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The topic is about non-Muslims entering paradise per Islam, not Bahai manifestation interpretation thing.