• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"YHWH will judge his people."

ayin

Jeremiah, who is probably the youngest prophet in the Bible with the age of approximately 17, writes:

Cursed be the day I was born; the day my mother bore me, be not blessed! Cursed be the man who brought the good news to my father, saying, 'A son is born to you,' and delighted him with it! And God shall destroy that man: Because he did not kill me in my mother's womb, so that my mother would have become my grave and her womb would have remained pregnant forever! Why did I come forth from my mother's womb to see toil and sorrow, and that my days were passed in shame?

Why does Jeremiah write this?

Jerusalem, Jerusalem, who kills the prophets and stone those who are sent to her! How often have I wanted to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, and you have not wanted!

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Maybe you ought to try reading all the other hundreds of verses that make up the book's context and see?

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
Jerusalem, Jerusalem, who kills the prophets and stone those who are sent to her! How often have I wanted to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, and you have not wanted!
Male-bovine-excrement.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist

Because of the belief that Jews were not following the 613 Commandments close enough, thus God punished them and sent them to Babylon. This is a reoccurring theme in the Tanakh.

exchemist

Veteran Member
Jeremiah, who is probably the youngest prophet in the Bible with the age of approximately 17, writes:

Cursed be the day I was born; the day my mother bore me, be not blessed! Cursed be the man who brought the good news to my father, saying, 'A son is born to you,' and delighted him with it! And God shall destroy that man: Because he did not kill me in my mother's womb, so that my mother would have become my grave and her womb would have remained pregnant forever! Why did I come forth from my mother's womb to see toil and sorrow, and that my days were passed in shame?

Sounds just like a typical "You've ruined my life!" histrionic teenager.;)

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Christians talking down to Jews. It is such a shame. Its so embarrassing. I never did this in the midst of complete fog and ignorance. The worst I ever did was to suspect them of things or of being deceived. To talk to someone as if they were a child or an animal is something I've only done on my worst days, but this poster engages in it casually. In the name of Christianity, too! What the **** is going on?

Wandering Monk

Christians talking down to Jews. It is such a shame. Its so embarrassing. I never did this in the midst of complete fog and ignorance. The worst I ever did was to suspect them of things or of being deceived. To talk to someone as if they were a child or an animal is something I've only done on my worst days, but this poster engages in it casually. In the name of Christianity, too! What the **** is going on?

And calling himself Jewish to boot.

Jeremiah was no chronic complainer. Rather, he showed himself to be loving, considerate, and sympathetic. He exercised fine control and marvelous endurance and was moved to great sadness by the conduct of his people and the judgments they suffered.—Jer 8:21.
JEREMIAH was in tears. He was affected both by the present condition of his people and by what God had him foretell about their future. He wished that his head was like a water source and his eyes a fountain so that he could cry without stopping. Jeremiah had reason to grieve over the condition of the nation. The Jews kept rejecting divine law and did not obey Jehovah’s voice, thus calamity would come.
Over the years while serving as God’s mouthpiece to the nation of Judah, Jeremiah sought Jehovah through heartfelt prayers. He turned to God for support when he had to proclaim unpopular messages, when he felt that he could not continue, and when he had questions about why certain things took place. God answered him and gave direction as to how to proceed.
Although he was over emotional he was chosen by God to do the job no one could do better than he did.