• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Yemeni child bride dies after internal bleeding on marriage night

nameless

The Creator
I can say that I am a Christian and that slaying my enemies is religious for me according to the Bible. I.E. I can say I'm a member of any religion, and say that the religions supports this particular behavior. Do you blame me or the religion for my actions?
i dont know whatelse would it require to blame a religion if it commands its followers do that, and also its followers obeys/obeyed that.

Child Marriage Facts and Figures | ICRW

Yeah the idea that child marriage has nothing to do with Socio-economic status and education level, and that no other religious faiths practice child marriage is TOTALLY BASELESS. :facepalm:
thanks for the link, but you totally misunderstood my post, i said that in reference to the video i posted, it says out of 4995 child marriages, 4249 is from muslim communities and 394 from hindu backward castes and others is 312, why there is such huge margin? that was my question actually.

Again can you cite the verse where Islam promotes child marriage specifically? So do you blame the religion itself, or the (mis)interpretation of the religion by a person and/or people to be at blame?
already answered this, their prophet practised it, and he was the perfect human to ever exist according to them, this is one such justification they provide, and i dont know how that justification is wrong.
Can you also cite the verse where the Mohammed engages in child marriage?
i got that idea from muslims itselves, i hate quoting from the scriptures, so i am posting an another website link where you can find the quotes you looking for, also it seems like the muslim members in there pretty much agree with those quotes.
Here is the link - Did prophet Muhammad marry a 6 year old?

Considering that almost the entirety of your knowledge on Islam comes from "youtube",
i dont remember me saying that..

how do you deem yourself qualified to speak on what "all Muslims" admire?
so there are muslims who dont admire muhammad?

Last edited:

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
already answered this, their prophet practised it, and he was the perfect human to ever exist according to them, this is one such justification they provide, and i dont know how that justification is wrong.

Muslims can also marry a woman 15 years older than them because the prophet first married Khadija which wasn't virgin and older than him by 15 years and he stayed with her until she died and he was in the 50s.

So your logic is silly.

ohhcuppycakee

already answered this, their prophet practised it

I think I have said this once before in this topic but, sources differ on the exact age of Aisha. If you compare Asma bint Abu Bakr's age (according to ahadith) at the time of Aisha's marriage, it would put her at 17 or 18 years old. The fact is we really don't know how old she was. Ahadith is a source that is often contradictory. It's not an exact history. Arabs back then didn't really keep track of their age as we do today. It just wasn't their practice. Even some people today around the world are not sure of their age.

Assad91

Shi'ah Ali
I think I have said this once before in this topic but, sources differ on the exact age of Aisha. If you compare Asma bint Abu Bakr's age (according to ahadith) at the time of Aisha's marriage, it would put her at 17 or 18 years old. The fact is we really don't know how old she was. Ahadith is a source that is often contradictory. It's not an exact history. Arabs back then didn't really keep track of their age as we do today. It just wasn't their practice. Even some people today around the world are not sure of their age.
I too posted how the hadith is fake. An all the evidence that points to it.

Even posted a video.

All conveniently passed over so the bigotry and slander can continue. :facepalm:

Assad91

Shi'ah Ali
Already proven as fake.

i got that idea from muslims itselves, i hate quoting from the scriptures, so i am posting an another website link where you can find the quotes you looking for, also it seems like the muslim members in there pretty much agree with those quotes.
Here is the link - Did prophet Muhammad marry a 6 year old?

Oooh wow, Ummah.com is such good evidence! Have the same fools who make threads to salivate over a suicide bomber blowin himself up and kiling innocent sufis, as evidence. Nice job

outhouse

Atheistically
All conveniently passed over so the bigotry and slander can continue. :facepalm:

My friend.

In this case, much of it is justified even though it is aimed at cultural practices more so then religion.

What happened here was dead wrong and there are no excuses, no one should bring excuses to the table.

What should be debated is how to not let this ever happen again.

outhouse

Atheistically
What I want to know is how a 53 year old man could touch a 9 year old child, and then look at himself in the mirror without disgust and shame?

Treks

If it's OK in that society he wouldn't know any better so he wouldn't feel disgust and shame.

If he touches her to death on the other hand, surely something more common (humanity) must respond somewhere in him...? Apparently not.

nameless

The Creator
Muslims can also marry a woman 15 years older than them because the prophet first married Khadija which wasn't virgin and older than him by 15 years and he stayed with her until she died and he was in the 50s.
thanks for the confirmation.

nameless

The Creator
you may be right, or may not, however many of them believes that muhammad married aisha when she was tiny, in this case you can't claim that child-marriages are always due to cultural reasons.

In another post you said child marriage also exists in india
Child marriage is also still practiced in rural areas of India with Hindu populations, so it is not something peculiar to Muslims. Fortunately, more and more people are standing up against such practices
Child marriage in India - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Child marriage, also known as Bal Vivaha, is believed to have begun during the medieval ages of India. At this time, the political atmosphere was turbulent and ruled by Delhi Sultans in an absolute monarchy government. The sultans had an extreme commitment to their religion and forced many to convert, causing socio-cultural unrest, and Hindu women suffered the most. These days of the Delhi Sultans produced practices such as child marriage and lowered the status of women even further. They invented the ill omen of giving birth to a female baby and believed that young unmarried girls caused disaster. Child marriage became a widespread cultural practice with various reasons to justify it, and many marriages were performed while the girl was still an infant.[6]
thanks to muslim invaders for producing this ******** practice in indian-subcontinent, it was not cultural at all till the muslims stepped into this land.

Last edited:

ohhcuppycakee

you may be right, or may not, however many of them believes that muhammad married aisha when she was tiny, in this case you can't claim that child-marriages are always due to cultural reasons.

In another post you said child marriage also exists in india
Child marriage in India - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

thanks to muslim invaders for producing this ******** practice in indian-subcontinent, it was not cultural at all till the muslims stepped into this land.

Child marriage is also very prevalent in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (majority Christian), Zambia (majority Christian), Uganda (majority Christian), Cambodia (majority Buddhist), Panama (majority Christian), Madagascar and (majority traditional religion and Christian). I could name more countries, but I won't. How is child marriage a uniquely Muslim practice when it is also practiced by countries that are not Muslim? Did Muslims somehow cause Central and Latin Americans to practice child marriage?

Assad91

Shi'ah Ali
Child marriage is also very prevalent in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (majority Christian), Zambia (majority Christian), Uganda (majority Christian), Cambodia (majority Buddhist), Panama (majority Christian), Madagascar and (majority traditional religion and Christian). I could name more countries, but I won't. How is child marriage a uniquely Muslim practice when it is also practiced by countries that are not Muslim? Did Muslims somehow cause Central and Latin Americans to practice child marriage?
I am sure e will come up with some kind of conspiracy to blame Muslims :rolleyes:

InformedIgnorance

Do you 'know' or believe?
No one has said it is an exclusively Muslim one.

But it IS a problem in many Muslim cultures (most of these particular ones are in poor countries) and there is significant evidence to suggest that if so interpreted, there is (at the absolute least) condoning of such practices through theological claims. Theological factors are FAR from the only ones, however there are indeed religious factors that exacerbate a problem that does exist (regardless of where such a practice originated, as to be honest, I really don't care if it was Islam which started it - in fact I doubt it was in many locations). And the overwhelming majority of studies ever performed on the subject indicate that there are certain approaches to fixing such problems - (chiefly the empowerment of women, providing them with an education and control over their own lives) which vastly improve the conditions of those societies (as well as the women's own lives) - and this is something which most Islamic societies have actively taken measures to curtail.

Last edited:

InformedIgnorance

Do you 'know' or believe?
That does not state that only muslim societies do this; it suggests (unreliably in my belief) that in the case of indian culture the practice was imported by very powerful men who were islamic.

The two statements are not even close to the same.

Aquitaine

At the time of puberty, one is considered not a child anymore and starts to understake the responsibilities of the religious obligations. But this in no way supports some stupid claim as to being allowed to marry your daughter off to a 50 year old man.

But then why are some Muslims advocating marriage to a 9 year old? Also, how exactly does a Muslim deem (from an Islamic perspective) whether a 9 year old is "mature" enough for sex and marriage?

Ask these sheikhs who say it is okay, if they will give their daughters at age 8, to some elder man. My guess is they will slap you with their shoe.
I'm quite confident that those Sheiks advocating it are indeed hypocrites with the issue - most religious "authorities" are.

Out of curiosity, since you claim the Sahih Bukhari/Muslim Hadiths are false, what would you say to the many Muslims who believe they're legitimate, and whom believe child marriage is moral because (according to said Hadiths) Mohammad did it?