• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Yadavas Hebrews farmers. How come Jews thought Hebrews were slaves?

Bharat Jhunjhunwala

TruthPrevails
Look, I'm making a very simple comment that doesn't even require a response. Quote:

That means the story of the Exodus in the book of Genesis is referring to Egypt, not to anyplace in India or elsewhere in the world.as you

Look, I'm making a very simple comment that doesn't even require a response. Quote:

That means the story of the Exodus in the book of Genesis is referring to Egypt, not to anyplace in India or elsewhere in the world.
We need to look out of the box to resolve the problems

Bharat Jhunjhunwala

TruthPrevails
Even the Amarna letters from the time period of the exodus TO THE KING OF EGYPT repeatedly call the land of Egypt Mi-is-ri-mi. The Egyptian pharaoh wasn't in India, and the letters themselves were found in Egypt. It looks pretty conclusive to me.
All this after 1400 bce. Where is mitsrayim at the time of abraham?

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member
All this after 1400 bce. Where is mitsrayim at the time of abraham?
Oh, in case you missed my edit on the post you quoted, here is my edit:

The Egyptians called the fertile Nile Valley "Kemet" (or more fully tꜣ km.t.,) The Black Land, whereas they called the desert The Red Land, or "Deshret." (This is probably where we get the word Desert from.)

The Egyptian empire contained both the Black Land and the Red Land. They lived mostly in the Black Land.​

Bharat Jhunjhunwala

TruthPrevails
The Egyptians called the fertile Nile Valley "Kemet" (or more fully tꜣ km.t.,) The Black Land, whereas they called the desert The Red Land, or "Deshret." (This is probably where we get the word Desert from.)​
The Egyptian empire contained both the Black Land and the Red Land. They lived mostly in the Black Land​

The Egyptians called the fertile Nile Valley "Kemet" (or more fully tꜣ km.t.,) The Black Land, whereas they called the desert The Red Land, or "Deshret." (This is probably where we get the word Desert from.)​
The Egyptian empire contained both the Black Land and the Red Land. They lived mostly in the Black Land.​
Besides the point. There is no mitsrayim.

Bharat Jhunjhunwala

TruthPrevails
There is no problem. The information I gave resolves the issue.

It's Egypt. Letters to the Pharoah of Egypt from the time of the Exodus call the land of Egypt Misirim. You can't avoid that.
I know. Amarna. 1400 bce. AFTER Exodus. And what about Abraham's mitsrayim? Egyptians have to own the name not a solitary outsider. See this together with no yamsuf, no volcano, no paran, no second yamsuf, so on and on and on.

crossfire

Premium Member
I know. Amarna. 1400 bce. AFTER Exodus. And what about Abraham's mitsrayim? Egyptians have to own the name not a solitary outsider. See this together with no yamsuf, no volcano, no paran, no second yamsuf, so on and on and on.
Hebrew did not have writing at the time of Abraham. As for the Amarna letters, they come from many different kingdoms, and call Egypt Misrim to the Egyptian King. Some of them are to earlier Pharaohs, like Amenhotep III. I would hardly call that a solitary outsider.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
It's Egypt. Letters to the Pharoah of Egypt from the time of the Exodus call the land of Egypt Misirim. You can't avoid that.
It's interesting, but unnecessary. The question is concerning the book of Genesis, which is written in Hebrew, and in HEBREW Mitzrayim is the word for Egypt. While noticing the common etyomology between Mitrayim and Misrim is fascinating, it is not necessary to make my point.

crossfire

Premium Member
It's interesting, but unnecessary. The question is concerning the book of Genesis, which is written in Hebrew, and in HEBREW Mitzrayim is the word for Egypt. While noticing the common etyomology between Mitrayim and Misrim is fascinating, it is not necessary to make my point.
Most of the Amarna letters are written in Akkadian cuneiform, although some are written in Hurrian or Ugarit, which also uses a similar word for the land of Egypt.

Bharat Jhunjhunwala

TruthPrevails
Hebrew did not have writing at the time of Abraham. As for the Amarna letters, they come from many different kingdoms, and call Egypt Misrim to the Egyptian King. Some of them are to earlier Pharaohs, like Amenhotep III. I would hardly call that a solitary outsider.
We dont know whether they had writing. Be that as it may, they had oral traditions. So where was mitsrayim of abraham?
And the Amarna letters from many different kingdoms are all after 1400 bce.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
We dont know whether they had writing. Be that as it may, they had oral traditions. So where was mitsrayim of abraham?
Again, if you are talking about Abraham, you are talking about the book of Genesis, which is written in Hebrew. The ONLY item of importance is what Mitzrayim means in Hebrew, which is Egypt.

crossfire

Premium Member
Abraham's Mizraim was Egypt. The verses even use the word Paro to denote the Egyptian Pharaoh, instead of the word Melek, which is used to denote Kings of other countries.

Last edited:

River Sea

@Bthoth @Bharat Jhunjhunwala @crossfire

What is this about?
The Creator was called Ra, Amum-Ra and El. The Creator's son was called Horus

Alice C. LinsleyDecember 12, 2015 at 12:19 PM
Bethlehem was a Horite settlement. It is associated with the Horites in I Chronicles 4:4 which names Hur (Hor) as the "father of Bethlehem." Rahab of Jericho was the wife of Salmon, the son of Hur or HR (Hebrew has no vowels). Salmon is called the "father of Bethlehem" in 1 Chronicles 2:54. Rahab was the grandmother of Boaz who married Ruth. Salmon is a Horite name associated with Bethlehem in 1 Chronicles 2:51.

The Creator was called Ra, Amum-Ra and El. The Creator's son was called Horus. He was born of Hathor who conceived when she was "overshadowed" by the Sun. Luke 1:35: The angel answered, "The Holy Spirit will come on you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God."

See this: The Urheimat of the Canaanite Y

And this: The Ra-Horus-Hathor Narrative

Bthoth

*banned*
@Bthoth @Bharat Jhunjhunwala @crossfire

What is this about?
The Creator was called Ra, Amum-Ra and El. The Creator's son was called Horus

Alice C. LinsleyDecember 12, 2015 at 12:19 PM
Bethlehem was a Horite settlement. It is associated with the Horites in I Chronicles 4:4 which names Hur (Hor) as the "father of Bethlehem." Rahab of Jericho was the wife of Salmon, the son of Hur or HR (Hebrew has no vowels). Salmon is called the "father of Bethlehem" in 1 Chronicles 2:54. Rahab was the grandmother of Boaz who married Ruth. Salmon is a Horite name associated with Bethlehem in 1 Chronicles 2:51.

The Creator was called Ra, Amum-Ra and El. The Creator's son was called Horus. He was born of Hathor who conceived when she was "overshadowed" by the Sun. Luke 1:35: The angel answered, "The Holy Spirit will come on you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God."

See this: The Urheimat of the Canaanite Y

And this: The Ra-Horus-Hathor Narrative
Thanks for the additional information. I enjoy reading from people willing to learn beyond the accepted authorities.