• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WUT....i am a coffee addict...yaiks

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
So hows the decaffination going :confused:
Weeeellllllll I HAVE A HUUUGE HEADEACH o_O so I called my Doctor :oops:

Question to my Doctor: Sir, I have this huge headach when I trying to quit coffee...
Doctor: how many cups of coffee do you have a day normally?
Me: wellll between 6 and 8 a day :confused:
Doctor: thats to much...start use decaf coffee, then call back in a few days.
Me: Ok...

Few days later calling Doctor.

Me: Sir... my head is about to explode :confused:
Doctor: so you are a coffee adict.....

Me.....I am?????
Doctor: your body are going through a detoxification...it will last 3 to 5 days normally. So you are allowed 1 cup of decaf coffee each day now.....

Me: Nooooooooooo......one cup is not enough :(:confused::eek:o_O Dang it Doctor....

I still have headach :mad: I WANT MY COFFEEEEEEEEE

:D the seeker have a bad temper today :p my fuse is short as hell :p

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member

Question to my Doctor: Sir, I have this huge headach when I trying to quit coffee...

Me.....I am?????
Doctor: your body are going through a detoxification...it will last 3 to 5 days normally. So you are allowed 1 cup of decaf coffee each day now.....

Me: Nooooooooooo......one cup is not enough :(:confused::eek:o_O Dang it Doctor....

Honestly.

As an addict.

Reduce your consumption slowly.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
In winter several people...suffer from lethargy.
Without espresso....you cant do anything.

Sedim Haba

Outa here... bye-bye!
S...
:p

That's WAY too much. 'Normal' is 2-3 cups in the morning only.
I say 2-3 cups depends on the size of the cups, mine are huge so 2.

You know, there is such a thing as 'half-caff' which is 50% decaf.
Might make the transition a tad easier. Also tea, some is less caffeine.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
That's WAY too much. 'Normal' is 2-3 cups in the morning only.
I say 2-3 cups depends on the size of the cups, mine are huge so 2.

You know, there is such a thing as 'half-caff' which is 50% decaf.
Might make the transition a tad easier. Also tea, some is less caffeine.
Yes its way to much,, so it is called an addiction:) but addiction is possible to defeat right :)

Actually I doing way better than I thought I would do, decaf help me a lot.

Nimos

Me.....I am?????

I drink that much coffee as well or said in another way, I drink as many cups as I can. :D

Btw why would he say that it is to much? I think you can drink about 50 cups a day before it could be considered an health issue.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I drink that much coffee as well or said in another way, I drink as many cups as I can. :D

Btw why would he say that it is to much? I think you can drink about 50 cups a day before it could be considered an health issue.
4-5 cups make the caffein in the coffee a toxin for the body, and addiction is not healthy

Nimos

4-5 cups make the caffein in the coffee a toxin for the body, and addiction is not healthy
Coffee lovers who drink up to 25 cups a day can rest assured the beverage is not bad for their heart, scientists say.

Some previous studies have suggested that coffee stiffens arteries, with drinkers warned to cut down their consumption of the caffeine-laden drink.

But a new study of more than 8,000 people across the UK found that drinking five cups a day, and even up to 25, was no worse for the arteries than drinking less than a cup a day.

The research, part-funded by the British Heart Foundation (BHF), is being presented at the British Cardiovascular Society Conference in Manchester.
Experts from Queen Mary University of London divided 8,412 people into three groups for the study.

The first group was of those who drink less than one cup of coffee a day, the second was of those who drink between one and three cups a day, and the third was those who drink more than three.

Some people drank up to 25 cups a day in the latter group, although the average number for people in this group was five cups a day.

Researchers found that even those drinking up to 25 cups of coffee a day were no more likely to have stiffening of arteries than those who drank less than one cup a day.

Previous studies have suggested that coffee stiffens arteries, putting pressure on the heart and increasing the likelihood of a heart attack or stroke.

All the participants in the latest study underwent MRI heart scans and infrared pulse wave tests, and the results held true even after factors such as age, weight and smoking status were taken into account.

Dr Kenneth Fung, from Queen Mary University of London, said: “Despite the huge popularity of coffee worldwide, different reports could put people off from enjoying it.

“Whilst we can’t prove a causal link in this study, our research indicates coffee isn't as bad for the arteries as previous studies would suggest.

“Although our study included individuals who drink up to 25 cups a day, the average intake amongst the highest coffee consumption group was five cups a day.

“We would like to study these people more closely in our future work so that we can help to advise safe limits.”

There is a lot of myth around coffee, obviously one should drink casually, you can even die if you drink to much water :D

Only thing as far as I know, is that you should use milk in your coffee as it contain something that weaken your bones, but milk should more or less make up for it :)

Nimos

Here is another one in Danish but I reckon you can understand it:

En stigende mængde forskning peger på, at kaffen er harmløs for os mennesker – måske gør den endda mere gavn end skade. I et nyt studie frikendes kaffe endnu engang for at være årsag til hjerteflimmer.

Mange af os prøver at styre vores indtag af kaffe. Vi forsøger måske endda at skrue ned, men selvom mange har prøvet, har videnskaben endnu ikke fundet beviser på, at kaffen faktisk kan have en skadelig effekt på vores helbred - udover at misfarve tænderne.

»Vi kunne ikke se en øget risiko for denne type uregelmæssig hjerterytme - selv ved et relativt stort indtag af kaffe - hvilket er omkring seks kopper om dagen,« fortæller undersøgelsens hovedforfatter Susanna Larsson, lektor i epidemiologi ved Instituttet for miljømedicin ved Karolinska Institutet i Sverige.

Dette er kun et udvalg af de fund, undersøgelsen har gjort, der siger god for et moderat indtag af kaffe. Med udgangspunkt i tidligere forskning anbefaler Susanna Larsson dog stadig, at man nøjes med at drikke omkring tre kopper kaffe om dagen.

»Generelt set, associeres kaffen med en mindre risiko for type 2-diabetes, slagtilfælde og udviklingen af koronar hjertesygdom. Så overordnet lader det til, at kaffens bivirkninger gør mere gavn end skade,« forklarer Susanna Larsson og tilføjer:

»Cirka 40.000 mænd og 35.000 kvinder udfyldte et spørgeskema om deres kaffeindtag i 1997. Derefter fulgte vi dem i 12 år. Ingen af deltagerne døjede med hjerterytmeforstyrrelsen i begyndelsen af undersøgelsen,« fortæller Larsson og siger:

»I løbet af de 12 år udviklede nogle af deltagerne lidelsen, så vi sammenlignede risikoen mellem dette og et stort til lavt indtag af kaffe, og vi fandt ingen sammenhæng.«

Larsson og hendes team så også på yderligere 10.000 tilfælde fra tidligere publicerede undersøgelser, der efterforskede den samme risiko associeret med kaffe og atrieflimmer og fandt heller ingen association med en øget risiko for atrieflimmer her.

So she does advice no more than 3 cups, but I personally wouldn't be to worried. This is a huge study and they have followed people for 12 years.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Here is another one in Danish but I reckon you can understand it:

En stigende mængde forskning peger på, at kaffen er harmløs for os mennesker – måske gør den endda mere gavn end skade. I et nyt studie frikendes kaffe endnu engang for at være årsag til hjerteflimmer.

Mange af os prøver at styre vores indtag af kaffe. Vi forsøger måske endda at skrue ned, men selvom mange har prøvet, har videnskaben endnu ikke fundet beviser på, at kaffen faktisk kan have en skadelig effekt på vores helbred - udover at misfarve tænderne.

»Vi kunne ikke se en øget risiko for denne type uregelmæssig hjerterytme - selv ved et relativt stort indtag af kaffe - hvilket er omkring seks kopper om dagen,« fortæller undersøgelsens hovedforfatter Susanna Larsson, lektor i epidemiologi ved Instituttet for miljømedicin ved Karolinska Institutet i Sverige.

Dette er kun et udvalg af de fund, undersøgelsen har gjort, der siger god for et moderat indtag af kaffe. Med udgangspunkt i tidligere forskning anbefaler Susanna Larsson dog stadig, at man nøjes med at drikke omkring tre kopper kaffe om dagen.

»Generelt set, associeres kaffen med en mindre risiko for type 2-diabetes, slagtilfælde og udviklingen af koronar hjertesygdom. Så overordnet lader det til, at kaffens bivirkninger gør mere gavn end skade,« forklarer Susanna Larsson og tilføjer:

»Cirka 40.000 mænd og 35.000 kvinder udfyldte et spørgeskema om deres kaffeindtag i 1997. Derefter fulgte vi dem i 12 år. Ingen af deltagerne døjede med hjerterytmeforstyrrelsen i begyndelsen af undersøgelsen,« fortæller Larsson og siger:

»I løbet af de 12 år udviklede nogle af deltagerne lidelsen, så vi sammenlignede risikoen mellem dette og et stort til lavt indtag af kaffe, og vi fandt ingen sammenhæng.«

Larsson og hendes team så også på yderligere 10.000 tilfælde fra tidligere publicerede undersøgelser, der efterforskede den samme risiko associeret med kaffe og atrieflimmer og fandt heller ingen association med en øget risiko for atrieflimmer her.

So she does advice no more than 3 cups, but I personally wouldn't be to worried. This is a huge study and they have followed people for 12 years.
I do agree that in small amount coffee has health benefits, like a lot of antiocsidants:)
But unfortunately my excessive coffee drinking over many years (since age 14) my liver has a problem, so do my cognitive thinking, and coffee also rises anxiety level in me.

So personally I do not have a choice :)

But I don't say others should quit drinking coffee

Nimos

I do agree that in small amount coffee has health benefits, like a lot of antiocsidants:)
But unfortunately my excessive coffee drinking over many years (since age 14) my liver has a problem, so do my cognitive thinking, and coffee also rises anxiety level in me.

So personally I do not have a choice :)

But I don't say others should quit drinking coffee
Sure :D

Its not like YOU HAVE TO drink it :)

Surely there are benefits of not drinking it as well, which might be more important for you. But im just saying that you probably shouldn't go around feeling bad about drinking it, thinking you are being unhealthy and stuff like that. Maybe you are in fact doing the opposite, as the studies seem to suggest.