• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WTC building 7. Let's revisit history.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Wish I knew more to help you out. Unfortunately for me I haven't grown tired enough of arguing with "truthers" and their pictures and videos that are mostly so blurry that at one point in time I forgot more than a few clear videos and pictures of the attack exist.
There's actually a ton of HD footage that was released within the last decade or so. You can find it on YouTube.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Well, we're talking about large buildings with thousands of people going in and out every day. I suspect it had a large administrative and maintenance staff. The larger the organization, the more likely one will see new and unfamiliar workers, and it might be easier for someone to infiltrate. When I visited the WTC, I don't recall that security was all that tight.

Here's a possible scenario: Government agents could approach the building management and say they suspect the drug cartels have a money laundering operation, and one of their offices is located in the WTC (disguised as an apparently "legitimate" company). So, they could say they need to put in some undercover operatives posing as maintenance personnel, as well as install some "surveillance equipment." Now, of course, it's all top secret and hush-hush, so as far as the rest of the staff and tenants are concerned, they're just some ordinary work crew which has been given the okay by the boss (who himself would not even know what was really going on).

As has been pointed out by many, there aren't that many people who actually have expertise or professional knowledge about engineering or architecture or even really understand how buildings are blown up. If this is true, then very few people would have been able to recognize or notice someone engaging in demolition work, and if their top boss tells them "don't worry about it, they know what they're doing," they would probably just leave it alone.
Do you know what it takes to wire a building for demolition? You basically have to gut it and get to the core of the building. It's a massive job and there's no way you could do it with a bustling office building full of people, let alone with no one noticing, even if it were done after hours. The controlled demolition idea is just totally stupid.

Heyo

Veteran Member
Anything is possible.
More likely than Cheney would be Mossad having orchestrated the whole thing.
Pretty sure they'd have the competence and the manpower. But they still would have needed assistance from US officials. Someone must have ordered the change in procedure from calling the next air-force base to calling NORAD. Someone must have ordered the drill in Canada that drew all the fighter jets from the east coast away. Someone must have ordered the drill in New York. I give them the broken line to NORAD. That could have been pure incompetence. (Though it would be interesting to know whose heads were rolling - or who got promoted.)

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Pretty sure they'd have the competence and the manpower. But they still would have needed assistance from US officials. Someone must have ordered the change in procedure from calling the next air-force base to calling NORAD. Someone must have ordered the drill in Canada that drew all the fighter jets from the east coast away. Someone must have ordered the drill in New York. I give them the broken line to NORAD. That could have been pure incompetence. (Though it would be interesting to know whose heads were rolling - or who got promoted.)
The Canuckistanians.....I somehow knew they would be in on the plot!

We Never Know

No Slack
On the contrary, the sole possible reason for posting this is to reheat stupid conspiracy theories. This was all gone over, in enormous detail, at the time, by engineers and architects who actually knew what they were talking about, as opposed to silly people on the internet with bees in their bonnets of various kinds. This topic is a real tinfoil hat job:

2879.original-8994.jpg

Let it go, for Christ's sake.:rolleyes:

Not at all. I'm just not willing to accept assumed answers as easily as you especially when none of the steel from building 7 was used in any investigation or study nor was any physical evidence.
And with that I wanted opinions of others.

NIST's entire investigation included no physical evidence. How can the investigators be so sure they know what happened?

In general, much less evidence existed for WTC 7 than for the two WTC towers. The steel for WTC 1 and WTC 2 contained distinguishing characteristics that enabled it to be identified once removed from the site during recovery efforts. However, the same was not true for the WTC 7 steel. Certainly, there is a lot less visual and audio evidence of the WTC 7 collapse compared to the collapses of the WTC 1 and WTC 2 towers, which were much more widely photographed.
Nonetheless, the NIST investigation of WTC 7 is based on a huge amount of data. These data come from extensive research, interviews, and studies of the building, including audio and video recordings of the collapse. Rigorous, state-of-the-art computer methods were designed to study and model the building's collapse. These validated computer models produced a collapse sequence that was confirmed by observations of what actually occurred. In addition to using its in-house expertise, NIST relied upon private-sector technical experts; accumulated copious documents, photographs and videos of this disaster; conducted first-person interviews of building occupants and emergency responders; analyzed the evacuation and emergency response operations in and around WTC 7; performed computer simulations of the behavior of WTC 7 on Sept. 11, 2001; and combined the knowledge gained into a probable collapse sequence.

FAQs - NIST WTC 7 Investigation

We Never Know

No Slack
I'm a civil engineer. I think the collapse of WTC 7 is consistent with it being caused by fire.

Well, no. Off the top of my head, I can think of two other steel skyscrapers - right near WTC 7 - that collapsed from fire.

Countless other steel buildings have also collapsed from fire.

I don't believe that for a second.

According to NIST the collapse of WTC 7 is the first known instance of a tall building brought down primarily by uncontrolled fires.

Mychael

The conspiracy expands.
Bush was a puppet run by the Jewish Illuminati Masons.

Hey, what do you think of my idea that 9/11 never even happened?
It was all Hollywood smoke & mirrors...just like the faked moon landings.
I did happen but hollywood was a factor.

We Never Know

No Slack
I'll always remember how my metallurgy prof described steel at its eutectoid temperature (723 C): "like licorice."

24. How hot did WTC 7's steel columns and floor beams get?

Due to the effectiveness of the spray-applied fire-resistive material (SFRM) or fireproofing, the highest steel column temperatures in WTC 7 only reached an estimated 300 degrees Celsius (570 degrees Fahrenheit), and only on the east side of the building did the steel floor beams exceed 600 degrees Celsius (1,100 degrees Fahrenheit). However, fire-induced buckling of floor beams and damage to connections—which caused buckling of a critical column initiating collapse—occurred at temperatures below approximately 400 degrees Celsius (where thermal expansion dominates. Above 600 degrees Celsius (1,100 degrees Fahrenheit), there is significant loss of steel strength and stiffness. In the WTC 7 collapse, the loss of steel strength or stiffness was not as important as the thermal expansion of steel structures caused by heat.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
24. How hot did WTC 7's steel columns and floor beams get?

Due to the effectiveness of the spray-applied fire-resistive material (SFRM) or fireproofing, the highest steel column temperatures in WTC 7 only reached an estimated 300 degrees Celsius (570 degrees Fahrenheit), and only on the east side of the building did the steel floor beams exceed 600 degrees Celsius (1,100 degrees Fahrenheit). However, fire-induced buckling of floor beams and damage to connections—which caused buckling of a critical column initiating collapse—occurred at temperatures below approximately 400 degrees Celsius (where thermal expansion dominates. Above 600 degrees Celsius (1,100 degrees Fahrenheit), there is significant loss of steel strength and stiffness. In the WTC 7 collapse, the loss of steel strength or stiffness was not as important as the thermal expansion of steel structures caused by heat.

Let's consider a couple additional factors....
- Weakening of steel affects more than strength. It weakens in a manner
which induces creep, ie, continuous plastic deformation below the lowered
yield point. This alters the geometry of the structure, causing increased
stress in connections, & structural weakness.
- Fireproof coverings can be damaged, in which case steel becomes
exposed to higher temperatures.

We Never Know

No Slack
Let's consider a couple additional factors....
- Weakening of steel affects more than strength. It weakens in a manner
which induces creep, ie, continuous plastic deformation below the lowered
yield point. This alters the geometry of the structure, causing increased
stress in connections, & structural weakness.
- Fireproof coverings can be damaged, in which case steel becomes
exposed to higher temperatures.

No steel samples from building 7 were used in any part of the investigation.

27. Why didn't the investigators look at actual steel samples from WTC 7?

Steel samples were removed from the site before the NIST investigation began. In the immediate aftermath of Sept. 11, 2001, debris was removed rapidly from the site to aid in recovery efforts and to facilitate emergency responders' efforts to work around the site. Once it was removed from the scene, the steel from WTC 7 could not be clearly identified.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
How on Earth could that be done in secret without all of the
people involved being in on the conspiracy to murder the
tenants & themselves?
Considering evidence has been found of Uncle Sam's plan to invade Canada during WWII came to light, I know it's not "proper form" to say it with such certainty, but this hypothesis of 9/11 being a controlled demolition just cannot and will not happen. Too many people would be involved, too many prying eyes, too many people who can say "this is unusual," and too many planners and organizers who would all have to be psychotic and lacking empathy to carry out such a thing (and with the scale of the 9/11 attacks we wouldn't be talking about a few psychopaths but an army of them to do this without having a conscious that would leak things), and though Uncle Sam has a hard time keeping things secret for very long that it begs the question of how did concrete evidence of this attack elude things like Wikileaks? Uncle Sam has been using "email" for military stuff since WWII, so documents and stuff would not have all been papers stored in WTC 7.
So, I will speak on the confidence to say no one has kept this undercover, because the vast amount of people who would be required to undertake this operation and keep it secret, we're human. To keep that secret would require a paradigm shift in human cognition. It didn't happen, it can't happen. Maybe one smaller building where you could slip in a night crew, but with the 9/11 attacks it's just too big to be done as the conspiracy theorists claim.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
No steel samples from building 7 were used in any part of the investigation.

27. Why didn't the investigators look at actual steel samples from WTC 7?

Steel samples were removed from the site before the NIST investigation began. In the immediate aftermath of Sept. 11, 2001, debris was removed rapidly from the site to aid in recovery efforts and to facilitate emergency responders' efforts to work around the site. Once it was removed from the scene, the steel from WTC 7 could not be clearly identified.

I don't have answers.
Just some possibly useful info.