• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wowie this site is neeto!

mersault

To all,
Lets get the basic information out of the way. I live in Arizona, United States of America, I am 18 years old, and I love Philly Cheesesteak (Cheese Steak? CheeseSteak?) sandwiches. I regularly attend a Unitarian Universalist congregation and I consider myself a skeptic. That is, I'll believe it when I see it, religiously speaking. One caveat: I am going to major in physics, so I do appreciate the scientific method and all that science has given to us, imperfect though it may be.

I was introduced to this site recently by an aqcuaintance who is in a church group with me, although it is less church and more group. Little did I know that she was a moderator, a person with such awesome power and responsibility as to make me feel faint and steady myself on furniture whenever I contemplate it. You would think you'd be able to tell these people apart by the way they look or something, but you can't.

To conclude, from what little I have already seen of this site, it seems that there is more genuine debate and free exchange of ideas here than I have seen anywhere. I am looking forward to becoming an active member of this community, though I doubt I will ever be as knowledgable on any topic as some of these folks seem to be. Physics is easy compared to this stuff.

Ceridwen018

Welcome fellow skeptic!

Yes, this place is absolutely fabulous--I've learned more here than I have anywhere else I think!

mersault

Ceridwen- I am certainly learning a lot here and I am also finding that posts often lead me to do research elsewhere on my own, so the effect is multiplied. At the risk of sounding like a broken record, This is great stuff!

mersault

Oddly enough, my parents happen to be in New Zealand at this very moment. Galivanting halfway around the world while I sit at home watching the dog... :cry:
In all seriousness though, I visited New Zealand for a month last summer. You are truly lucky, or blessed as the case may be, to live in such a beautiful country with such great people. For now I can only sit here and envy you.

What's your favourite place in NZ?
Queenstown? Auckland?
I went to Rainbow's end, Thames of Firth, Rotorua.
Is the South Island great?
Great for you.
God bless you forever

hey mersault-- welcome!

There are a few threads with discussions of the Big Bang, the beginning of the universe, etc. where your knowledge of physics could really help straighten some things out--most of us only have a layman's grasp of the laws of energy, entropy, etc.

tumble_weed

hello, welcome etc...

I'm going to go to NZ later this year....if that counts...but anyway...

welcome mersault ....enjoy your skepticism

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Welcome, Mersault! That was a good post on country music. May you earn many frubals and prosper!