• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Would you want Mary to appear to you?

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
If you could decide, would you want the Virgin to appear to you?

This thread is about Marian apparitions, particularly object of devotion within the Catholic Church.

Please feel free to share your opinion .:)
This is not a debate thread.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist

This thread is about Marian apparitions, particularly object of devotion within the Catholic Church.

I can't really say how I would react if that were to occur, but I certainly don't expect that to happen. Two things I've learned in life, never assume much of anything and never say never.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I do believe in most Marian apparitions.
The fact is that I feel Mary in my heart.
I don't need her to appear to me.
I feel not worthy. I am a sinner...so I am not worthy.

But if Mary decided to appear to me, I would want her to appear looking the way she used to look when she was alive on Earth.
I really like realism, authenticity.:)

Psalm23

Not particularly. I would like to see Jesus. It would be cool to see an angel too. I think it would be cool to meet Mary in heaven and chat with her.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Not particularly. I would like to see Jesus. It would be cool to see an angel too. I think it would be cool to meet Mary in heaven and chat with her.
Me too. Jesus would be preferable for me.
As I said, I would want him to appear looking the way she used to look when He was on Earth.:)

exchemist

Veteran Member

I would be amazed - and charmed.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member

But if Mary decided to appear to me, I would want her to appear looking the way she used to look when she was alive on Earth.
I had started this thread to share my own experience. It was many years ago.
I was so fascinated by Marian apparitions, that I asked God: God, if you ever gave me the grace to look at the Madonna for just one second, please, allow me to be able to see her as she exactly looked like in life. I know how beautiful Mary as Queen of Heaven is. Filled with light and angelical.
But I want to see the real Mary that lived on Earth between the first century BC and the first century.

Then I stopped thinking about it, but some weeks later something very unusual and amazing happened to me.

I was asleep. I knew it was almost morning and I had to get up...because I was half-awake, and from the window I could perceive the beautiful red shades of the autumn dawn.
So I found myself in the stairway of my condominium. And it was so real. I wanted to see the sunrise from the terrace located on the top of the condo building. I went there, I unlocked the door with my keys. But it wasn't me. It's like someone was taking me up there on the terrace, even if I was walking with my own legs. But in the meantime I wanted to see the sunrise too. It was a weird, indescribable, sensation.

Then all of a sudden I arrived on the terrace and I looked up, towards the sky, and realized there was something that left me speechless. It was tremendously beautiful and immense. Before the terrace there was a 13 stores building, as usual. On the top of the terrace, among some TV antennas I saw something. A person.

She was at least 10 meters tall. She was a lady in ancient times clothes. Wearing a long veil, that covered all her head, and a long tunic that covered all her body, including her feet. Even if I could tell that her hair was black. The veil and the dress were greyish-white, but the fabric was not modern times fabric. It was ancient times fabric, because it was imperfect, and not that colorful. I don't recall whether she had a belt or something. But her dress and veil were both greyish-white.

The lady had a Mediterranean, dark complexion. So slightly darker than us Italians, but not that dissimilar.

Her face was not that of a young woman. She surely was in her fifties. With all the riddles and imperfections that a womanly face without make-up on implies.

Her expression was incredibly sad. Typical of someone who is worried. Like a mother who prays her son or daughter comes back home soon. And she was praying. She had her hands united and she was looking up...to he sky.

So she was not looking at me, or towards me.

As soon as I saw this huge, gigantic, superhuman figure, I felt in my heart an indescribable terror. As you all can comprehend. Because the dream was so real. I thought I was living that experience for real. It was real.

Then a voice inside me reassured me. Who could that Lady be? Mary, our Lady.
And in fact, I finally recognized her as the Queen of Heaven. Praying for her own children.

And I was so amazed by such greatness. By such a powerful Saint, the Mother of our Lord.

Then...all of a sudden she looked towards me and she realized I was staring at her, amazed.
She told something in a very strange language. I was 100% sure that it was not Indo-European.

She told something with the voice of a 50 year old woman. Nothing special. Then all of a sudden she flew away.Towards the sea. And I was so sad: I wanted to tell her: don't leave, please, stay.

It was so late. She was becoming smaller and smaller, disappearing from my view.
She was floating, but at incredible speed.

Then I woke up. I realized it had been nothing but a dream. But it was one of the most memorable dreams in my life. Because it looked so real. It is like my mind, my soul, had left the body and had gone to the terrace to watch that scene.

Then I reflected upon the dream. God had granted my wish. She made me see Mary for just few seconds, as she looked like back when she was on Earth. And speaking the Semitic language she used to speak.

Before becoming the queen of Heaven, so full of light, stars and crowned.

I was so grateful to God.

Last edited:

Saint Frankenstein

Gone
Premium Member
Of course. I would love for any Saint to grace me with a vision of them. But I've had all sorts of spiritual experiences including with humans who honestly were something other in disguise, so that's pretty much already happened.

Saint Frankenstein

Gone
Premium Member

We're all sinners and not worthy, but God knows that and still loves and draws us near to Him. The more you realize you're a lowly sinner and humble yourself before the Lord (no, it's not self-hatred as some think), the closer you will be to God and He will hold His hand out to you, and uplift you in His grace.

Truth in love

I have nothing against her. However I don’t think such an event would be any better than Peter, Moses or some other angelic being.

Patrick66

No. I don't believe that Mary has appeared to anyone.

2 Corinthians 11:14–15​

14 And no wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. 15 So it is no surprise if his servants, also, disguise themselves as servants of righteousness. Their end will correspond to their deeds.

metis

No. I don't believe that Mary has appeared to anyone.
What is your opinion based on? Do you think those who supposedly saw the premonitions were lying? Thus, why would they lie if they have such a strong belief in Jesus and Mary?

Were they actually real? I have no clue.

Patrick66

What is your opinion based on? Do you think those who supposedly saw the premonitions were lying? Thus, why would they lie if they have such a strong belief in Jesus and Mary?

Were they actually real? I have no clue.
I believe that Satan tries to lead people away from God and to substitute others in his place so that God's people pray to or follow them instead. I believe that Satan appears as Mary to lead people away from God. Essentially, he gets them to commit idolatry by worshipping or praying to a false entity. Mary was a wonderful and humble servant of God, but she is not to be prayed to or worshipped. That glory, praise, and honor are reserved for God alone. Any belief system that substitutes another for God/Jesus is, in my belief, false.

metis

I believe that Satan appears as Mary to lead people away from God.
That doesn't even make any logical sense.
Essentially, he gets them to commit idolatry by worshipping or praying to a false entity
Catholics do not worship Mary, such one can read in the saying of the Rosary, namely:
Hail Mary, full of grace.
Our Lord is with you.
Blessed are you among women,
and blessed is the fruit of your womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners,
now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Notice is that the prayer is to go to God, thus Mary is not the finale of the prayer.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Give me the vision twenty five years ago. If you're giving me the revelation now you'd better also give me an extended lifespan, so I can learn Latin. At my age this would surprise me, and I would probably be a little upset about it. I'd likely try to drink it away.