• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Would You Support an AR style Rifle Buy Back for $1,000 each in the U.S.?

Would you Support a $1,000 Gun Buy Back for AR style rifles?

• Yes

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • No

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Shaul

Premium Member
Without having given it much thought I'd be inclined to say, "No, I'd put a tax on them of $1000 per year. Payable until you transfer ownership to someone else who pays. Give it away, lose it, gets stolen, purchaser stops paying, whatever....

If you take responsibility for the thing you keep the responsibility. You knew what you were buying.
Tom
That would be as unconstitutional as a poll tax.

Shaul

Premium Member
Okay, you tell me what the purposes of owning an AR is.

As I see it, it's either
assault-weapons-gun-ban-senate-penis-encouragement-ecards-someecards.png

OR
24mdu5.jpg

Crime study: Handguns, not 'assault rifles,' used in most mass shootings

Stanyon

WWMRD?
Without having given it much thought I'd be inclined to say, "No, I'd put a tax on them of $1000 per year. Payable until you transfer ownership to someone else who pays. Give it away, lose it, gets stolen, purchaser stops paying

That is the first time I have heard anyone suggest that a constitutional right should come with a pricetag.

Skwim

Veteran Member
Strawmen with memes....

Purpose of owning an AR? because we can
Just like choosing a Mustang over a Yugo or a Jaguar over a Toyota.
Nah. ARs are like no other guns available to the private citizen. They weren't designed for hunting, marksmanship, or any of the functions of other private firearms. They were designed for solely one purpose: killing a lot of people. So, once again I ask you, why would a citizen own an AR?

In light of your rather disturbed retort here I assume you own an AR. If true, why? "Because we can" is a coward's answer. That isn't what you are, are you Stanyon?

(You might also do well to look up the definition of "strawman"(argument) )

MikeDwight

The Left NEVER has a reasonable gun control debate. They just start their persecuted minority syndrome. I've heard $1000 dollar bullets. I'd implement revolvers and below.

Stanyon

WWMRD?
Nah. ARs are like no other guns available to the private citizen. They weren't designed for hunting, marksmanship, or any of the functions of other private firearms. They were designed for solely one purpose: killing a lot of people. So, once again I ask you, why would a citizen own an AR?

In light of your rather disturbed retort here I assume you own an AR. If true, why? "Because we can" is a coward's answer. That isn't what you are, are you Stanyon?

(You might also do well to look up the definition of "strawman"(argument) )

The ATF doesn't require anyone to list a purpose when purchasing one nor does the DMV require a reason for someone to buy a sportscar over a another vehicle.
(I don't own one by the way, my interests are mainly flintlocks and matchlocks- even own a couple of handgonnes)

Stanyon

WWMRD?
The Left NEVER has a reasonable gun control debate. They just start their persecuted minority syndrome. I've heard $1000 dollar bullets. I'd implement revolvers and below.

Only the rich should be able to have guns apparently because the poor can't be trusted with them. They couldn't care less about some poor old black woman living in a high crime area having the means to defend herself if necessary.

Skwim

Veteran Member
The ATF doesn't require anyone to list a purpose when purchasing one nor does the DMV require a reason for someone to buy a sportscar over a another vehicle.
So what? I was only asking for possible personal reasons one would have for owning an AR. If you can't think of anything better than virility-enhancement or mass murder, so be it. I can't either.

MikeDwight

The time it takes to Deploy the mortar, there's a mortar stand, it attaches to the mortar tube, the spotter uses the binoculars to locate the assailant. The spotter guesses the GPS coordinates and draws an X on the MAP to radio into HQ, but if the coordinates are off they re-adjust the sights later. FROM MY COLD DEAD HANDS - Charleton Heston.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
Nah. ARs are like no other guns available to the private citizen.
lfAg0wR.png

They weren't designed for hunting, marksmanship, or any of the functions of other private firearms. They were designed for solely one purpose: killing a lot of people.
Source please.
I ask mainly because it appears you dont know anything about the AR-15 except the bull **** you see on tv.

So, once again I ask you, why would a citizen own an AR?
I don't.
I do have an MKA-1919 though.
Use it for hunting mostly.

If true, why? "Because we can" is a coward's answer.
Careful, your prejudice is showing.

McBell

So what? I was only asking for possible personal reasons one would have for owning an AR. If you can't think of anything better than virility-enhancement or mass murder, so be it. I can't either.

Hunting, competition shooting, plinking, self defense, sentimental value...
This list goes on.

MikeDwight

Well that's because the Ruger mini 14 is a known military grade weapon and you just like the wood finish, what about m1 garands, whatever. M1 carbines

McBell

I took a sec to look it up. A new AR can be purchased for
about 500 dollars, so it would be wise to stock up
for a big profit on each one when your govt "buys them back".
What of the accessories that are rendered useless because of the confiscation?
Does the government have to pass the background check?

MikeDwight

Like, that's a tough choice? Really? True, militaries can be emotional, or attached, consider, the Marines are still using their M1911 for stopping power, and history I guess, despite 7 round .45 magazines. Mostly, they're going to outbid people for durable, low-bid killing machines, on mass scale, with stopping power, you know? In fact, I've heard, and seen, of at least a dozen shotguns, rifles, pistols, .22, etc , not a .45, and people would be dumb to not see military grade.

McBell

Like, that's a tough choice? Really? True, militaries can be emotional, or attached, consider, the Marines are still using their M1911 for stopping power, and history I guess, despite 7 round .45 magazines. Mostly, they're going to outbid people for durable, low-bid killing machines, on mass scale, with stopping power, you know? In fact, I've heard, and seen, of at least a dozen shotguns, rifles, pistols, .22, etc , not a .45, and people would be dumb to not see military grade.
Still waiting for what you think "military grade" means.

MikeDwight

I just said it, every military in the world is using a 9mm glock, a .45 m1911, which are near similary calibers across measurements, and none of them have a .22, with a huge variety of civilian models. You could make other comparison. I think my original mention of military grade was tiny.

McBell

I just said it, every military in the world is using a 9mm glock, a .45 m1911, which are near similary calibers across measurements, and none of them have a .22, with a huge variety of civilian models. You could make other comparison. I think my original mention of military grade was tiny.
::The US Military currently issues THREE .22 cal rifles:

And they are SURVIVAL rifles to boot....

MikeDwight

Are you ridiculous? You just proved my point with those quantity 100 assignments. Not a single government in the world is putting human life on the line with .22 guns. Those are for wild game hunting.

McBell

Are you ridiculous? You just proved my point with those quantity 100 assignments. Not a single government in the world is putting human life on the line with .22 guns. Those are for wild game hunting.
You are just plain flat out wrong.
The survival rifles are for pilots who go down in hostile territory.
You really should start doing research before you make an even bigger fool of yourself.