• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Would you marry a gay couple...

Muffled

Jesus in me
So true, I don't think these people truly know what love is.
I don't believe you have a clue what love is. It certainly isn't eros. Of course English makes no distinction.
I love my brother but that is fraternal love. It certainly isn't a problem that we are both males because we don't do anything innapropriate with each other.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Since it relates to this old thread...

I was recently asked to marry a gay couple after word got out that I would officiate that kind of ceremony. They chose a park with a scenic backdrop of the Appalachian Mountain chain here in Alabama. Supposedly they are expecting 200 or so family/friends to be there. Got to polish up on my speech. :)

I told them I don't charge any fees, but knowing those two they will probably slip me a Benjamin or 2. :cool:
I believe you are committing an apostate act.

vaguelyhumanoid

You can put all kinds of things in your mouth but if you eat poison mushrooms you could die. I believe just as there is appropriate eating there is appropriate sex.

Gay sex isn't poisonous tho, so I don't know what that analogy was supposed to accomplish.

Neo Deist

Th.D. & D.Div. h.c.
I believe you are committing an apostate act.

I believe I am following Jesus' teachings on compassion and tolerance for my fellow human beings, per the two commandments he gave us in the NT: love God, love people. Judgment is reserved for God, not us.

Romans 14:13 - Therefore let us stop passing judgment on one another. Instead, make up your mind not to put any stumbling block or obstacle in the way of a brother or sister.

If you, a professed Christian, do not follow the words and teachings of Jesus, then you are NOT a true Christian, but rather a bigot, hypocrite and part of the problem.