• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Would you like to contribute to a text about how Hinduism views Jesus (and perhaps others)?

atanu

Premium Member
I respect all religions. That part is true. But not for a moment do I believe they all lead to the same goal. One just has to go and ask the members of the religions themselves, "What is the goal of your religion?" and you will easily see what I mean. That idea is a universalist belief, and some universalist leaning Hindus do believe this, granted. But mostly that comes from projecting your own goal onto others.

Respect is another story. I respect humanity, and every sincere religious effort. That's far different than saying they're all the same, or have the same goal. Even the (ultimate) goal within Hinduism itself varies. We all call it moksha, but have differing definitions of what moksha means.

I think it is Ishwara/Brahman/God who is important than the ego-s that say our goals are better.

atanu

Premium Member
.....One just has to go and ask the members of the religions themselves, "What is the goal of your religion?" ......

My response was to this. Whatever the members may believe or say, as per the Sanatana dharma teachers, the Ishwara who wants to grace all is the same. A very common saying is that sun shines equally on all.

Now, it is a different matter, IMO, that the general levels of spiritual clarity may vary. :)