• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Would you go to mars

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
Volunteers wanted for simulated 520-day Mars mission

My father presented this to me as real. That they were looking for people to volunteer to go to mars. Its only a simulation but if it was real would you want to go. The simulation is going to be in russia, would you be interested if it was in your country.

I have to admit it would interest me but I'ld be to scared to go. Fortunately I'm to old so they don't want me anyway.

Apex

Somewhere Around Nothing
Volunteers wanted for simulated 520-day Mars mission

My father presented this to me as real. That they were looking for people to volunteer to go to mars. Its only a simulation but if it was real would you want to go. The simulation is going to be in russia, would you be interested if it was in your country.

I have to admit it would interest me but I'ld be to scared to go. Fortunately I'm to old so they don't want me anyway.
With the career I have chosen this is actually a potential possibility for me. And I have thought about this exact scenario quite a bit. Basically, I would do it. Even if I knew it was a one way ticket, I would still probably go.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
With the career I have chosen this is actually a potential possibility for me. And I have thought about this exact scenario quite a bit. Basically, I would do it. Even if I knew it was a one way ticket, I would still probably go.

Curious as to what career you have chosen.

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
No thanks, I'm quite happy in the environment that my my species evolved to suit.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Ain't no way I'm spending months cooped up in a little tin can until my cabin-mates murder me.
Even if I made it to Mars, there are no grounds to keep there anyway.