• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Would you bomb Osama if it meant some civilian lives?

Would you bomb Osama if some civilians would die as well?

• Yes

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Maybe

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • No

Votes: 17 63.0%

• Total voters

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
If Osama Bin ‘Laden’ removes his fund from American system, that is 5 trillion dollars and enough for America to go bust over night (so i heard).....so why would you send bombs or planes, when you can remove foundations?......makes no logical sense in the slightest……just like attacking Iraq as it had weapons of mass destruction buried next to their oil wells…which are most likely owned by the Laden family also…..????

For the first time on this forum, I need a quote. Osama's fortunes never reached trillions ever. Bin Laden family was Saudi's not Iraqi's.

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
Gene, if I could kill Osama Bin Laden, I would march in there with my whole family and go up in smoke with him. Is that clear enough for you?

Ciscokid

The question was asked last night, and the only person who answered no was Dennis Kucinich.

If you had 5 minutes to react to credible intelligence which placed Osama in an area where a small group of civilians resided, would you order the attack?

If I thought Osama had power I'd consider it....but I think he's a waste of human sperm an egg more than anything.

Bishka

Veteran Member
Gene, if I could kill Osama Bin Laden, I would march in there with my whole family and go up in smoke with him. Is that clear enough for you?

Does your family feel the same way, or as the 'man of the household' do you speak for all of them?

FFH

Veteran Member
The question was asked last night, and the only person who answered no was Dennis Kucinich.

If you had 5 minutes to react to credible intelligence which placed Osama in an area where a small group of civilians resided, would you order the attack?
No...

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
This is not for this thread.
I agree, that's why I wondered why you brought abortion into this thread.

I owe you an answer now. If I was a leader of a country, I could not in good conscience ask anyone else to sacrifice their sons and daughters all the while I protected my own.

George W. Bush and Bill Clinton both stayed out of harms way while I, a less affluent person of their generation got drafted and sent into hell for two tours of duty.

Any leader should lead by example.

des

In answer to the OP, I'm not sure how relevant any one individual is to terrorism of this sort. It is like trying to kill a hydra, you kill one part and more just grow where they came from. Each time the US has made a big deal out of getting just this one great, important leader of this and there just arises a new one, and we are no better off. At one point, killing Osama might have helped, but now there are more leaders and subgroups and so on. There is also the thing of him becoming a matryr and being more relevant in death than in life.

I'm sure candidates, who are so thoroughly handled, esp. the well-funded ones, couldn't even really think about such a topic without having the first "tough on defense" stance they could. I find the second and third tier candidates sound more honest, as they have nothing at stake. Another sad thing about the system.

--des

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Taking all I can into account, I think I would reluctantly choose to bomb him, despite the civilian casualities. Leaving him alive would seem likely to lead to even more civilian casualities.

FFH

Veteran Member
Just a note...

There is a prophecy which states that Osama will contract some sort of intestinal problem and his bowels will literally fall out of him and he will die in hiding...

It may have already happened...

Does anyone know for sure he's still alive ???

Edit: The same fate came upon another character in scripture whom Osama is a parallel of, just as Saddam was the modern day Nebuchudnezzar

...and the same person who prophesied Saddam would die by hanging is the same person who is prophesying Osama's death by disembowelment...

FFH

Veteran Member
" ' Vengeance is mine,' saith the Lord"

Let God deal with Osama in his own divinely assigned time..

God will take care of Osama on behalf of all those he has slain...

The blood of the saints (soldiers, innocent, righteous, etc..) cries out from the dust for vengeance

As you can see God is merciful to the wicked and gives them plenty of time to change their ways...

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
The blood of the saints (soldiers, innocent, righteous, etc..) cries out from the dust for vengeance

As you can see God is merciful to the wicked and gives them plenty of time to change their ways...
Yeh can't wait, so look forward to paying back all the peoples for what they have earned.....:angel2: