• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Would you bomb Osama if it meant some civilian lives?

Would you bomb Osama if some civilians would die as well?

• Yes

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Maybe

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • No

Votes: 17 63.0%

• Total voters

Dr. Nosophoros

What was this asked on? I'm guessing it was on a major news network outlet or station so I would first question their motives for broadcasting a question such as that to a generally misinformed public from the people that generally misinforms them in the first place, what is the motive? Is it seen in a boardroom to boost ratings, have someone talk about this or that or is it a combination of both with the benefit of possibly lessening the grip of stated "morality" by lessening the impact of killing innocents Vs. the hatred some feel, while at the same time claiming to stand on the moral high ground. Propaganda and manipulation of the public through media is nothing new yet to me yet I feel it has reached a higher level than before. Fritz Hippler's "Der Film Als Waffe"
http://www.calvin.edu/academic/cas/gpa/hippler1.htm
A crude example and technologically outdated but still again parallels can be seen on some levels as to the state of mind of some.

That's a pretty big can of worms you opened and there is a whole lot more I could say but instead of wasting the time I voted "NO" because I'm not sure that (considering the past) Osama Bin Laden is our real enemy or if he is actually still alive. His image is just one of the newer "Satans" for the west, IMO he is a Frankenstein created by some in the U.S. government that got out of someones control, we didn't mind when they killed other innocents in others countries yesterday and he is a useful tool (icon) for today to expand control as long as he "lives".

A

angellous_evangellous

The question was asked last night, and the only person who answered no was Dennis Kucinich.

If you had 5 minutes to react to credible intelligence which placed Osama in an area where a small group of civilians resided, would you order the attack?

If that were the only way to kill Osama, yes.

Dr. Nosophoros

If you know where he was, couldn't you wait until a better opportunity arises that would exclude civilian casualties?, He'd be on the road sometime in the trackless desert unless he has a willing civilian entourage, but they commit willful suicide.

A

angellous_evangellous

If you know where he was, couldn't you wait until a better opportunity arises that would exclude civilian casualties?, He'd be on the road sometime in the trackless desert unless he has a willing civilian entourage, but they commit willful suicide.

Maybe not. He's been an exceptionally difficult person to locate ... or so they say...

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
Kangaroo court -----> If all evidence suggest that Bin laden possibly isn’t the culprit (Also may own all the oil wells that are now stolen) and the governments did so for the use of political terror and to apply new laws, that otherwise would not be accepted.....

bushladen.jpg

A

angellous_evangellous

Kangaroo court -----> If all evidence suggest that Bin laden possibly isn’t the culprit (Also may own all the oil wells that are now stolen) and the governments did so for the use of political terror and to apply new laws, that otherwise would not be accepted.....

:cover:

wizanda

Premium Member
Do you do your own research? or are you fed like sheep to the slaughter?......
When we all die in the nuclear holocaust, i will blame you lot personally....
As like sheep, you push everyone else off the cliff, as there is no one looking if that was the right way to begin with….

wizanda

Premium Member
Always do, and if the melody was calm, would do........yet if the melody may soon end due to it; then to continuously hear hate, makes everyone’s ears hurt....

Just on note of the Pharisees and the Christians; the Pharisees spread rumours of Yeshua before, so they believed him fake....yet if examined even now, facts remain that prove otherwise.....
Lets not allow them to kill our world, as they told us all it is evil…..

Opposite to live is evil, so those who would needlessly take life’s and proclaim this is right, are the ones to be looking out for…

A

angellous_evangellous

Do you do your own research? or are you fed like sheep to the slaughter?......
When we all die in the nuclear holocaust, i will blame you lot personally....
As like sheep, you push everyone else off the cliff, as there is no one looking if that was the right way to begin with….

Not if you're dead. :slap:

wizanda

Premium Member
Lol funny.......Dreamed it all at birth and am here after.........

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin
The question was asked last night, and the only person who answered no was Dennis Kucinich.

If you had 5 minutes to react to credible intelligence which placed Osama in an area where a small group of civilians resided, would you order the attack?

I don't know if I could or not... but if I did, I don't think I could live with myself afterwards, so I guess no I wouldn't.

Pariah

Let go
That's a pretty big can of worms you opened and there is a whole lot more I could say but instead of wasting the time I voted "NO" because I'm not sure that (considering the past) Osama Bin Laden is our real enemy or if he is actually still alive. His image is just one of the newer "Satans" for the west, IMO he is a Frankenstein created by some in the U.S. government that got out of someones control, we didn't mind when they killed other innocents in others countries yesterday and he is a useful tool (icon) for today to expand control as long as he "lives".
(emphasis added)

I think I wanted to say that but want to type all that. Having read Machiavelli's The Prince, it's amazing how many of his tactics this administration (or any other for that matter) have used - such as the one highlighted above. If America really cared for the lives of others, it would have been in Darfur, not Iraq.

Joe_Stocks

Back from the Dead
First, I certainly would bomb Osama if it meant 'some' civilians lives would be lost.

Second,

Posted by Pariah

If America really cared for the lives of others, it would have been in Darfur, not Iraq.

So, Iraq wasn't a humanitarian crisis before the invasion?

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member

If I had absolutely no faith in God and figured He needed me to take over for awhile, then maybe
icon12.gif

But then if I were that far gone I'd probably do alot of things that didn't make any sense.

Lindsey-Loo

Steel Magnolia
Gene, if I could kill Osama Bin Laden, I would march in there with my whole family and go up in smoke with him. Is that clear enough for you?

Darn it, I'm out of frubals!!!

I agree with that 100%. I would of course prefer to kill only the guilty one, but if I were over in Iraq and I knew where Bin Laden was, I would kill him at all costs. If it means taking some civilian lives, then so be it. They should have known better than to hang around Osama.

The Seeker

Once upon a time....

I probably would. I would make the assumption that those around Osama were just as bad as he was. Birds of a feather flock together.

Dr. Nosophoros

Just like in Washington, crack whores get on their knees in the bushes in front of the presidential palace, dope dealers peddle their wares in the bus stops nearby, a fitting end to a crumbling empire.

Kill them all, let their god(s) sort them out.