• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Would you be able to except a Machine God?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Love for humanity? :D

Sure OP meant "accept" rather than "except".

Machine God has an automatic spellchecker program, and a grammar program too.
Y'know. :areyoucra
I treat all gods equally, be they machine, holy, mortal, or otherwise.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
What has always troubled me was when Einstein said to the effect that even god lives under the laws which govern the universe ...the universal laws of physics...

Do any religious people accept this fact?
Can they accept it?

Can there be a creator who defies these laws?

If god created earth and the universe, did he come from another universe where our laws don't apply? EG: can he just "think" us into being?
Or does he still need technical expertise? if so, where did he learn these skills...

Another thing Einstein said is:
A problem cannot be solved from the same level of consciousness which created it...

Not that Einstein is correct ...he's just a man..
But this explains why we can never know many of the answers ... never!
Until we evolve to a point where we are equals with god.

sorry to all if I'm preaching to the converted ...hehe
cheers ...Jim

Perhaps you should post this in the debates section? It's an interesting post.

dust1n

Zindīq
Humans will worship machines as soon as they accomplish the goal of securing everyone from nature's relentless chaos.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
I don't see why I would ever use the concept of God for my own reasons, regardless of whatever the ultimate reality might be.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
ok, the guys can't spell ...
Dyslexics believe in "DOG" and no one's complaining...

hehe ..

Actually, it's one of my favourite misspellings, as the two words are almost the complete opposite of each other in meaning and intent.

ametist

I dont know what is meant by machine god but the god that allpowerful, timeless and allknowing that created all wouldnt need to restrict itself to exist in any particular form to my opion.it could choose to be so but for what purpose I dont know again.

jimniki

supremely undecisive
I dont know what is meant by machine god but the god that allpowerful, timeless and allknowing that created all wouldnt need to restrict itself to exist in any particular form to my opion.it could choose to be so but for what purpose I dont know again.

You mean it's an autobot! I knew it!